UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> bcaa or creatine?

8/12/12 7:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shortyjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you were going to supplement with one of the two ON TOP OF your normal post-workout protein, which one would you choose, and when would you take it?

I'm looking to further optimize my training routine by adding some additional supplementation. I'm not looking to get big, simply to achieve as optimal performance as possible during my workouts and recovery periods.

I'm a BJJ athlete, teaching and training ~5x per week, with added strength and conditioning training (usually sport specific bodyweight exercises and calisthenics). I eat *fairly* clean, primarily lean sources of protein, large amounts of fruits and veggies, and good quality fats. I basically only drink water unless I'm mixing my protein with milk or having the morning cup of coffee.
8/12/12 7:34 AM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bcaa imo

love that shit

8/12/12 8:14 AM
NKcell

Creatine, it actually works.

If your diet is decent and eat enough protein you won't even notice bcaa supps.
8/13/12 1:10 PM
dizz
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Creatine
8/13/12 3:42 PM
Spartan79

Take both! Both are fairly cheap online these days. Phone Post
8/13/12 4:50 PM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

both imo, but if you have to choose one id go creatine.
8/13/12 5:54 PM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

creatine.. lol wat.. now there's a waste of money

8/13/12 8:37 PM
Mihow
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BCAA: 10-20 grams daily, on top of hitting your protein goals. If you aren't hitting your protein goals, work on that first. Not cheap.

Creatine: just take it for 3-4 months, 5 grams a day, 10 grams a day on workout days if you really want to. Super duper dirt cheap.
8/14/12 12:11 AM
k1levelstriking
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got 200 servings of creatine mono for 15 bucks, 30 servings of BCAA's is around 50 bucks, depends on your budget, both if you can Phone Post
8/18/12 10:18 AM
joemasepoos
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1kg for $15 ?? That is extremely cheap !!
8/19/12 3:36 PM
sewich
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone use silk amino acids? Couldn't find bcaa anywhere in town, ended up going to gnc and even they didn't have it, the guy tried selling me this stuff instead. Phone Post
8/20/12 4:14 AM
SmasherSnu
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sewich -  Anyone use silk amino acids? Couldn't find bcaa anywhere in town, ended up going to gnc and even they didn't have it, the guy tried selling me this stuff instead. Phone Post

Never buy shit form GNC...its all overpriced as fuck, and the tards that work there usually dont know what the fuck they are talking about. buy all supplements online. much cheaper. and research what your buying before you buy it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.