UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Does anyone else agree the UFC isn't as popular

8/12/12 11:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Huningtonbbb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the united states like it was 3-4 years ago bc there are no white American champions anymore?

I seen a fellow ug'er comment in another thread a similar observation and it got me thinking and I agree back in 06-09 u had chuck,Forrest,Brock,randy,rich frankilin,Tito(half Mexican I know),and frank Mir either as champs or number 1 contenders, now those days seem to be past it seems this could be 1 of the reasons America has lost interest in mma. (not me personally just an observation) Phone Post
8/12/12 11:36 PM
Clarence Parents
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You really think about this ?
8/12/12 11:42 PM
Huningtonbbb

Dong Johnson -  Race matters.

Let's be honest here.

Americans love to bury their heads in the sand when they are the most racist people on the planet.  Racial tension is real in America.  Don't deny it.
I agree it sucks for the sport bc it was on a roll here in America but seems to be backtracking bc the UFC doesn't have a Brock,chuck or randy anymore Phone Post
8/12/12 11:45 PM
CowboyTookMyName
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoeMoney Media, MFCEO
The only reason my dad ever got a UFC was case of Matt Hughes.

He went out to his farm once or something. Phone Post
8/12/12 11:52 PM
the islander
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The MMA fad is almost over. It will always have us hardcore fans, but casual fans are becoming less interested unless GSP/Silva/jones are in a main event. Phone Post
8/12/12 11:53 PM
MdGeist

So people are losing interest in the NBA because 80% of the players are black?

So fans lost interest in the NFL because there are to many black running backs and receivers?

So Nike decided not to sign an endorsement deal with Jones and Pacquiao because they weren't white enough?

Seriously... you fucking trolls...

8/13/12 12:02 AM
Huningtonbbb

MdGeist - So people are losing interest in the NBA because 80% of the players are black?

So fans lost interest in the NFL because there are to many black running backs and receivers?

So Nike decided not to sign an endorsement deal with Jones and Pacquiao because they weren't white enough?

Basketball and football have been around for well over half a century. mma in general has about 20 years under its belt. U can't compare them bc 2 of them have 80% black athletes bc mma has brazilians,Canadians,English fighter etc etc basically fighters from every continent. African Americans hail from the united states that's why people still care about nba and nfl and always will. There are so many ethnicities in the UFC it's hard for casual fans to keep up and care Phone Post
8/13/12 12:08 AM
Clarence Parents
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the islander -  The MMA fad is almost over. It will always have us hardcore fans, but casual fans are becoming less interested unless GSP/Silva/jones are in a main event. Phone Post

Good, casual fans are usually annoying to be around when MMA is going on anyways.
8/13/12 12:12 AM
MdGeist

Dong Johnson - 
MdGeist - So people are losing interest in the NBA because 80% of the players are black?

90% of NFL quarterbacks are white.  They specifically scout white quarterbacks. This is a fact from high school onward to college.  Every team will have a designated white quarterback before they draft the other players.

NFL is basically the concept of a plantation.

The man in charge is white and the rest are just physical bodies.  

Well, Dana White is the quarterback of the UFC so nothing really new here.

American's watch sports to be entertained. If a black man can entertain better than a white man, he gets the job. We don't have the nationalistic/racial fervor that you see in other countries.

When I watched UFC 148, I didn't here chants of Sonnen, I heard an overwhelming chant of Silva. The good black man vs the bad white man, Americans bought into that shit and it sold 1 million PPV buys.

So what does that tell you about American culture?
8/13/12 12:13 AM
GTFOOHWTBS
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too many subpar cards lately that it's hard to get all my friends to gather around a saturday night in the summer to chip in and get the fight. I noticed that we only get together for stacked PVPs. I'm saying this after not having missed a UFC in the last 4 years. But this year we've already skipped 4 PPVs already an barely watch the UFC on Fox. Quality over quantity imho. We have lives out here in SouCal so I guess that plays into it too. $.02
8/13/12 12:15 AM
butcher4
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

allyourbasebase - 
Huningtonbbb -
Dong Johnson -  Race matters.

Let's be honest here.

Americans love to bury their heads in the sand when they are the most racist people on the planet.  Racial tension is real in America.  Don't deny it.
I agree it sucks for the sport bc it was on a roll here in America but seems to be backtracking bc the UFC doesn't have a Brock,chuck or randy anymore Phone Post
Not really. It isn't anything racist. People tend to cheer for people they identify with. A white guy can't really identify with most black dudes. Most black dudes can't identify with white dudes. I don't see that as racist. It's the same with characters in a story. Phone Post

If you can't identify with someone based on race, that's pretty much the definition of racism.
8/13/12 12:16 AM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread is hacist. Phone Post
8/13/12 12:18 AM
lenz0799

We need some numbers...

Why don't you think its as popular? Because you dont like it as much?

Have to remember that YOUR opinion is exactly that, an opinion. Get some numbers that back it up and maybe we can talk.
8/13/12 12:20 AM
Chuck Kongo

Dong Johnson - 
MdGeist - So people are losing interest in the NBA because 80% of the players are black?

90% of NFL quarterbacks are white.  They specifically scout white quarterbacks. This is a fact from high school onward to college.  Every team will have a designated white quarterback before they draft the other players.

NFL is basically the concept of a plantation.

The man in charge is white and the rest are just physical bodies.  

Maybe 90% of the teams actually want to win.

Blackthletic college style quarterbacks don't win Super Bowls.

They never even make it to Super Bowls most of the time let alone winning one.

Maybe if they played more like whitey and actually won the big game they'd be recruited more like whitey.

But there's always a new flavor of the month to jockride.

Michael Vick probably won't even make it out of the preseason without getting hurt again.

So you still have Cam Newton and now Bob Griffin to pour all of those frustrated hopes and aspirations into....
8/13/12 12:22 PM
Huningtonbbb

lenz0799 - We need some numbers...

Why don't you think its as popular? Because you dont like it as much?

Have to remember that YOUR opinion is exactly that, an opinion. Get some numbers that back it up and maybe we can talk.
I love it and I always will I've only missed 3-4 ppvs in The past 5 years. One of those being the Faber/barao card (thank god). My observation comes from my friends who are all pretty much casual fans but 2006-09 they never missed a ppv bc they always had one of the guys I listed above on the card and of course they would always watch silva and gsp fights as well but now the only cards any of them have any Interest in seeing are The silva/gsp fights period. I could promise u that none of them could name 3/4 of the champions today when 5 years ago they knew them all Phone Post
8/13/12 2:25 PM
crazychris
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm as American as it gets, I want Anderson Silva to stay the Champ forever. Along with JDS!!! Though I would like to see the H-bomb land on Jones.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.