UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> lower back pain

8/13/12 10:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
savage043
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ive been suffering from lower back pain for quite some time to where it gets so bad some times i cant even bend over im 19 so age isnt a concern what could i do to help with this it really hinders my mma training
8/26/12 2:20 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stop training MMA for now. Write down your sypmtoms and go to a doctor. Start with a Family Physician, then go through the necessary channels. Mine started at 25 and I waited for years before going. Maybe I could be in better shape now? I'll never know.
9/10/12 11:06 AM
LowerYourExpectations
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had lower back pain starting from lifting too much weight for my body style when I was in my early 20's. Of course, see a doctor first but the two things that help me many years later are core exercises and flexibility. If you have a job where you sit a lot and are inactive, stretching will definitely help. After you recover, try a beginner yoga class. Good luck!
9/12/12 11:20 AM
savage043
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thankyou for your inputs i have started strechting regularly and seeing a chiropractor once a week as well and have took a brake from mma for now more because of my bank account more then pain. Phone Post
9/24/12 5:33 PM
renatolaranjabjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds like your back is tight as hell. forget the chiro, go to the physio and ask them to use there belt strap looking thing to stretch your back out. you will feel a lot better.
12/8/12 11:27 AM
Truemanc3
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get a good physio.... stretch everyday... hamstrings, glutes, hips... attempt the side and front splits... hold each stretch from 30 sec to 2 min....

I bet this does the trick.

Whatever you do dont stop training... even if it hurts.

If you keep at it, it will go.

I know I had a bad back for 18 mts.... and doing this basically cured me.

I was to tight and did not stretch enough.
2/6/13 4:21 PM
Soul Gravy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/4/13 1:04 PM
Anthony
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know this thread is pretty old, but I wanted to share what has helped me. After decades working behind a desk, my psoas, it bands, hamstrings, calves and pinaformis muscles have tightened up so badly that my lower back would go out with a simple sneeze. I've literally had to stop for a year or more training BJJ due to it. The cost is around 30 bucks for the equipment, and an hour or less of your time during the day. It actually gets less as your body loosens up.

What I've been doing religiously for the past month have been hi density foam rolling, lacrosse or tennis ball self myofascial release massages. There are ton of Youtube videos to show you the proper technique. I can say that in the past month, I am back up to 80% of my usual self, where I can know now kick/kip myself up from bed in the morning. Where it used to be I would roll out with back pain. Good luck and I hope this has helped.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.