UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cormier: If I beat Mir, I should get a title shot

8/13/12 3:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“I would like it to be for the Strikeforce Championship because I’d like to actually put that  belt on my mantle too – if I’m lucky enough to beat Frank and retire as the last Strikeforce Champion. I think it should be for the Strikeforce Heavyweight Title. If they find it within themselves to make it for the belt, I’d be very pleased.”

Daniel added that when he does enter the UFC, his name should be near the top of the list for title contenders.”I want to throw my name into the hat, if I’m able to get past Frank Mir,” he said. Then he made sure to remind the UFC brass that he’s on his way to come make some noise in the organization. “Hey guys don’t forget about me over here. I’ve been chuggin along and if I get through this fight, that’s three top ten guys in a row. I should be in line for a belt. I should get a shot at either of those divisions.”

If Cain does beat JDS and ends up holding the heavyweight title, Daniel said he’d like to fight Jon Jones at light heavyweight, or in a super fight, depending on the circumstances. “A lot of it depends on the Cain situation,” Cormier said of the possibility he drops to fight at 205 and gets a title fight against Jon Jones. “Standing across the cage from that guy would be great for me. I’d love to do at some point in my career. Even if I am maybe the heavyweight champion and there’s a chance to make a super fight, we could figure something out him and I, because I would not back down from that opportunity.”

read entire article...

8/13/12 3:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Faels Hypogonad
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC would whip JBJ IMO
Seems DC is very keen on scraping Bones Phone Post
8/13/12 3:29 PM
ThinkMMA
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to see this guy fight top dudes at either weight. Dudes a wrecking ball. Phone Post
8/13/12 3:32 PM
Neil Funk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite up-and-comer. No doubt about it. Dude does not fuck around, he just fights, and exciting at that.

8/13/12 3:34 PM
Newaza freak
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Brock got His after only 3 fights....I Dont see Why not. Phone Post
8/13/12 3:37 PM
UGCTT_BBQ at Andy's
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup 100% should get a title shot at either weight class. Phone Post
8/13/12 3:40 PM
fob bob
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed. Jon jones vs DC would be a top flight main event. Phone Post
8/13/12 3:52 PM
inf0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS will starch him... so would bones

8/13/12 3:54 PM
KingNeptune
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won't fight Cain, so does he mean JBJ? Phone Post
8/13/12 3:54 PM
RandyDarsh
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Faels Hypogonad - DC would whip JBJ IMO
Seems DC is very keen on scraping Bones Phone Post
He would beat jds or bones IMO Phone Post
8/13/12 3:57 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

On the Cormier war wagon! Go Black Fedor! Phone Post
8/13/12 4:01 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

somehow ive forgotten who the current sf hw champ is
8/13/12 4:14 PM
cambeezee

dudes a beast, would love to see what he could do at 205.
8/13/12 4:21 PM
Faels Hypogonad
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - JDS will starch him... so would bones

Dc has major ko power and
Much better wrestling the bones JBJ is a more dynamic striker but Dc takes a ouch just as well as he gives one ask Bigfoot Phone Post
8/13/12 4:23 PM
Faels Hypogonad

Faels Hypogonad -
inf0 - JDS will starch him... so would bones

Much better wrestling the bones JBJ is a more dynamic striker but Dc takes a ouch just as well as he gives one ask Bigfoot Phone Post
Sorry clicked wrong post ment to quote a diff post my bad Phone Post
8/13/12 4:23 PM
wiggum
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he beats Mir, he's a rightful number 1 contender at either weight class.
8/13/12 4:24 PM
Faels Hypogonad

Dong Johnson -  Jones beats him 100%.

8/13/12 8:05 PM
SeanyBooy

Edited: 08/13/12 8:16 PM
you guys are fucking nuts. cormier has done nothing to show he is capable of beating jds or jones. i wouldn't put him in the top five until he fights mir. not a hater, just saying that mma hype trains are the dumbest of them all. this upcoming fight just might surprise everyone. knocking out bigfoot was impressive, but mir's kickboxing is on another level and cormier has already shown an unwillingness to take down submission artists (see monson fight).
8/13/12 8:10 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/13/12 8:10 PM
TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
DC is an awesome fighter, I can't wait to see him in the UFC.
8/13/12 8:12 PM
CDarwin
874 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/13/12 8:15 PM
Alpha Midget

DC will be p4p #1 soon Phone Post
8/13/12 8:34 PM
stonepony

Alpha Midget -  DC will be p4p #1 soon Phone Post

You smoke rocks right?...
DC is impressive, but, SF is not the UFC. If he beats Francis, he will have done a lot more to earn the title-shot than Overoids though.
8/13/12 8:38 PM
Alpha Midget

stonepony -

DC is impressive, but, SF is not the UFC. If he beats Francis, he will have done a lot more to earn the title-shot than Overoids though.
Nah just the best weed in the world. Watch Phone Post
8/13/12 8:53 PM
stonepony

Alpha Midget - 
stonepony -

Nah just the best weed in the world. Watch Phone Post

Well, I can't fault you for the weed... But, P4P #1? Getting way ahead of yourself buddy. Seems like the Pride obsessors just want to be contrarian and they have shifted to claiming that SF has the best fighters. That's why Gilbert is #1 (*derp*)... When SF finally goes away, it will be Bellator where all the real talent is. etc.

I'm a DC fan. Big fan. But realistically, he has got to get in to shape and fight at LHW. Or, he's going to Fedor himself. The competition is too strong and the contests are too tight at this point, that a fighter can no longer get away with being pudgy and fighting in the next division up.

Fedor, Randy, DC, these guys would not be able to compete at HW today. Not with true HW's up there.
8/13/12 9:13 PM
Bad Monkey
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -  somehow ive forgotten who the current sf hw champ is

I think Reem took it with him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.