UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> A question for Fraser.

8/14/12 5:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sweet Daddy Bear
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you explain to me how a thread reporting a the rape and torture of an infant is perfectly acceptable OG material, but a thread detailing my interaction and victory in a battle of wills with a black woman at a movie theater is removed with the threat of banning?

I'm not being facetious. I want to know your thought process on how you decide what stays and what goes.
8/14/12 5:18 PM
samichlaus
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/14/12 5:22 PM
PatK
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Duh, white people
8/14/12 5:26 PM
Rouge Mod
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
If you have a problem with a thread that you think is against the terms of service, you can ask a mod to delete it.

If you have a problem with a mod's actions, contact a site administrator.
8/14/12 5:29 PM
samichlaus
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rouge Mod - If you have a problem with a thread that you think is against the terms of service, you can ask a mod to delete it.

No burrito love?
8/14/12 5:30 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jason@mixedmartialarts.com is an admin fyi.
8/14/12 5:30 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
1700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That burrito looks AMAZING, actually.
8/14/12 5:33 PM
Sweet Daddy Bear
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rouge Mod - If you have a problem with a thread that you think is against the terms of service, you can ask a mod to delete it.

Customer service at it's finest.

You're not going to answer an honest question? You are incapable of saying "Maybe I messed up on that one."

Seriously?
8/14/12 5:39 PM
Rouge Mod
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know what thread you are talking about or when whatever this is happened, but it's certainly possible I made a mistake.
8/14/12 5:45 PM
Sweet Daddy Bear

"Defeated a black lady at the movie theater" or something to that effect.

It would have been right around the time you were deleting pretty much everything I was posting because I called you a name you didn't like. It was when the Avengers came out, that was the movie I was seeing, I'm pretty sure.

But that's all beside the point. I'm just curious how stuff like baby rape is okay, but a thread like that isn't. I didn't insinuate I thought it was against the terms of service, and I really try hard not to talk to the boss about the employees actions when the employee is right there and capable of speaking.
8/14/12 5:53 PM
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

hmmm.. burrrrritos....
8/14/12 6:00 PM
Rouge Mod

I remember that I have deleted a couple posts where you insulted me, because that's against the terms of service. I don't know what movie thread you are talking about. If you think I did the wrong thing, I'm sorry. 

The baby rape thread is a posting of a news article. If you don't think that's against the terms, then that means you think it's "okay".

If you have a problem with my actions, the best thing to do is talk to a site admin.
8/14/12 6:02 PM
Rouge Mod

samichlaus - 

No burrito love?

Looks pretty awesome, I must say
8/14/12 6:25 PM
Sweet Daddy Bear

Rouge Mod - I remember that I have deleted a couple posts where you insulted me, because that's against the terms of service. I don't know what movie thread you are talking about. If you think I did the wrong thing, I'm sorry. 

The baby rape thread is a posting of a news article. If you don't think that's against the terms, then that means you think it's "okay".

If you have a problem with my actions, the best thing to do is talk to a site admin.

Yeah, I think it's "okay". That's the point. What I'm arguing is it's definitely way worse than talking about an actual interaction I had, but was deemed not okay and, as I recall, potentially bannable. Hence, the question: Why is baby rape okay, but talking about not letting a black woman be obnoxious in a movie theater? I'm trying to figure where one thread crossed the line and the other doesn't? I mean, one is a news article, sure. But the other is a first hand account of a real life experience.

And you deleted more than just posts where I insulted you. You deleted all the conversation surrounding it and the IM conversation we had regarding it.

I don't need to talk to a site admin. I'm talking to you. Like an adult. I'm trying to get you to answer some pretty simple questions you continue to dodge. All I'm asking is for clarity, so I can be the best OGer I can possible be.
8/14/12 7:31 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From reading your posts, sweet daddy bear, I can see this.  The 'child rape' story is a verified news article. The theater story is just that, a story. Not a verified news article. See the difference ? Further it uses 'stereotypes' by saying 'black lady in a movie theater'.  Why not just 'lady in a movie theater'. ?

But I'm neither speaking for Fraz, nor for the site. Just giving you my observations.

Also, I'm embarressed to be addressing someone as 'sweet daddy bear'. I shall never do that again. I feel dirty.
8/14/12 8:11 PM
Sweet Daddy Bear

UGCTT_mrzipplokk -  From reading your posts, sweet daddy bear, I can see this.  The 'child rape' story is a verified news article. The theater story is just that, a story. Not a verified news article. See the difference ? Further it uses 'stereotypes' by saying 'black lady in a movie theater'.  Why not just 'lady in a movie theater'. ?

But I'm neither speaking for Fraz, nor for the site. Just giving you my observations.

Also, I'm embarressed to be addressing someone as 'sweet daddy bear'. I shall never do that again. I feel dirty.

"Why not just lady in a movie theater"? Are you kidding me? Why stop there. Why not just say "person"? Why talk about the theater? Why not just make a thread title that said "Had an incident with a person in a place" and then in the original post say "I believe I got the better of the situation."

Details make the story. That's why I described the black lady as a black lady. Is that wrong? Does that offend you that I accurately described a person? And it's only a stereotype if you assume something about a person based on what other people have done. It's not a stereotype when you're talking about the actual person who did the thing you're talking about.
8/14/12 8:37 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Oh well, I tried :-)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.