UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> Wise to box with lower back pain?

8/14/12 9:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Acidic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I lifted a box up the wrong way yesterday and messed my back up. So now my lower left side hurts really bad but only when i sit down. Not when im staning.

Would it be ok for me to go to boxing if the pain isnt present when standing and moving?
8/16/12 3:25 PM
Joe Ray

Chances are it feels OK when you walking about during the day but once you get some gloves on start pounding the bags and putting stress on your back you will feel it eventually.

Take a few weeks off. Always listen to your body.

8/17/12 2:18 PM
buddie
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Better question: Is it wise to box?

Answer: no

Boxing is not healthy for anyone - understand that and measure the risks for yourself.
10/25/12 8:51 PM
Diesel67
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not unless you like hard shots to your kidneys.
10/28/12 6:36 PM
New2MMA
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One thing for you to consider is that when throwing hard hooks, you are adding a torque to your spine. I would do a lot of yoga, stretching and crunches to strengthen the area, and go back when you've been symptom free for at least a few days. Hooks are not your friend if you've got lower back pain.
11/2/12 4:40 AM
VitorSuckedBonesToes

Also, you may have injured your hip(happened to me). Any mobility difference between your right and left glutes ?

Ie tighter than usual. Seems like a torn ass muscle for me and an mri revealed labral and muscle tears. Phone Post
11/2/12 4:41 AM
VitorSuckedBonesToes

So my lower back's been killing for four years Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.