UnderGround Forums

MMA Memorabilia UnderGround >> What are these Pride gloves?

8/15/12 2:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grkblood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/15/12 2:52 PM
Joe Show Radio, Owner

Hey guys, today I recieved a pair of Pride gloves that have 2 small differences from another pair that I have and I'm not sure what version these are or the story behind them. The 2 differences are for one, the logo is smaller on the gloves i got today, and two, the pad that the logo is on has a slight angle to it on the right side where on the other glove the wrist pad is straight (90 degrees).  I have gone over these gloves very closely and these are the only differences from what I can tell, everything down to the material stitching is the same. These tags on these gloves are pictured below as well and state that they are official DREAM STAGE ENTERTAINMENT gloves.

8/15/12 2:46 PM
hunto21

Hope you didn't pay much for them....
8/15/12 3:08 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
hunto21 - Hope you didn't pay much for them....

Hope you move out of your mom's basement one day....
8/15/12 3:19 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
Does anyone read Japanese? Someone on facebook mentioned that they think these say prototype in Japanese but unfortunately I can't read Japanese.
8/15/12 3:57 PM
Dawggy
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The auction said they were prototypes from what I remember. The Velcro and stitching looks legit. Phone Post
8/15/12 4:02 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
 As I also mentioned on FB. The padding isn't as "thick" as the common white bolts.
8/15/12 4:37 PM
Dawggy
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kind of looks like the dream stage tag is shorter than usual as well. Could be the angle of your pic though Phone Post
8/15/12 4:50 PM
ricksongjj

They're fakes.
8/15/12 5:03 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
ricksongjj - They're fakes.

Please elaborate Hix. If these gloves were never produced for DSE and they have that tag then who was actually behind these and where did they come from?
8/15/12 5:22 PM
ricksongjj

I have no idea who makes them,there are several different fakes out there but all you have to do is look at the pics of them side by side with your authentic glove.
8/15/12 5:27 PM
ricksongjj

They do have the tag though maybe some how Dreamstage made them but they arent fighter issued gloves.Not worth $750
8/15/12 5:40 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
This forum seems to be slowly becoming a troll lounge. Lloyd, hunto, flanders... Who's next?
8/15/12 5:56 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
Lloyd gave me my bluename 9/11 Clown Top Team - 
grkblood - This forum seems to be slowly becoming a troll lounge. Lloyd, hunto, flanders... Who's next?

I'm not trolling, you're setting your money on fire.

I'm on the facebook group, I've sold a couple of my items from my photo album that's for sale. You said you were having a big mail day but you failed to mention that they were expensive phony items.

1) You probably don't actually know anything about these gloves.

2) You have no clue what you're talking about by calling everything that I bought as phony so you should really just shut up unless you can prove it.

3) This thread has nothing to do with my posters and passes that I posted in the mailman thread.

Save your babbling for somewhere else. If you know something then point it out. Don't be vague and act like a complete douchebag.

8/15/12 6:36 PM
kimuralock

I have a fake white bolt that was signed, and it looks simular to that but the padding looks different. 
8/15/12 6:38 PM
grkblood

Edited: 08/15/12 6:40 PM
Joe Show Radio, Owner
apparently the tag written in japanese says "public relations" which can mean promotional, according to the freenode japanese chat atleast. 

?? [????] /(n) PR/public relations/publicity/information/(P)/

8/15/12 6:57 PM
hunto21

Edited: 08/15/12 7:00 PM
Normally I don't like seeing people get ripped off. But you are such an arrogant dude that this somehow gives me pleasure.
8/15/12 7:42 PM
flyingtoehold
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bought a pair of pride gloves from kakuto and that's what he sent me. I told him to fuk and send me my money back and he did. Exact same gloves with the smaller pride logo. I also compared them to my legit ones when I received them and you can tell they're fake by the leather itself. Phone Post
8/15/12 7:43 PM
flyingtoehold
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Told him to fuk off.....sorry from cell. Phone Post
8/15/12 7:55 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
@Hunto, did I ask for an appraisal? No, I asked for information. It's about time I hit the ignore button on you. I think I'm going to do that about right now.

@flyingtoehold, who is kakuto and were they sold to you as being the fighter issued white bolts or something different?

Obviously I know these are NOT the official white bolts. If they were I would have no reason to make this thread. If anyone actually knows something about these gloves other than the fact they're not fhe fighter issued white bolts I'd love to hear it.
8/15/12 8:38 PM
Break Left
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone on this board that has more than a metal Urijah has been burned before. It happens. If I'm ever lucky enough to meet Roland I'm going to introduce his jaw to the hardest sucker punch I can throw. Guys like hunto and Lloyd are pretty broke so anytime they see someone throwing a little money around they immediately pounce out of jealousy - this is not a new act so don't take it personally.
8/15/12 9:21 PM
Fighter Memorabilia

Hey bro, those gloves were being sold by the kakuto store some time ago, maybe 2007 to 2008. The guy that ran the store, try to push them as legit fighter issued gloves, once everyone disproved what he was saying, he tried to push the gloves as "promos."

I can tell you from what I know those are fakes, I have seen all the proto types of all the pride and ufc gloves. And I have also seen all the fakes.

Another thing to note here is anyone can produce a label with DSE on the glove, and right promo in Japanese, you can get that tag done anywhere for .50 cents. So that tag is not kings x. Its the totality of the glove overall on how you determine what is real and what is not.

If I were you I would get my money back.....

8/15/12 9:34 PM
Malcolmdogg
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighter Memorabilia - Hey bro, those gloves were being sold by the kakuto store some time ago, maybe 2007 to 2008. The guy that ran the store, try to push them as legit fighter issued gloves, once everyone disproved what he was saying, he tried to push the gloves as "promos."

I can tell you from what I know those are fakes, I have seen all the proto types of all the pride and ufc gloves. And I have also seen all the fakes.

Another thing to note here is anyone can produce a label with DSE on the glove, and right promo in Japanese, you can get that tag done anywhere for .50 cents. So that tag is not kings x. Its the totality of the glove overall on how you determine what is real and what is not.

If I were you I would get my money back.....

Phone Post
8/15/12 9:38 PM
hunto21

FM, shouldn't you be stalking Fedor in a hotel somewhere? Jealous of fake gloves? Wtf u talking about?
8/15/12 9:41 PM
grkblood

Joe Show Radio, Owner
Thanks for the info. I messaged you but I'll post here as well so people can read. One thing I just noticed about the tag on these gloves is that its stitched under the leather of the glove whereas on the fighter issued they're stitched above the leather.

Also, what is the story behind kakuto-store.com? They're no longer in business and that was way before I started collecting. What ended up happening with those guys?
8/15/12 9:42 PM
Fighter Memorabilia

@Hunto, hey fucken queer, you have my contact info we are both in Cali, if you have a problem contact me and I would be happy to solve it any time. With that said, your too much of a pussy to do it, so just be quiet and go back to your room, let your mom use her computer now.

Its great how you talk to shit on an open forum in then ask if you can purchase the big nog gloves in private....FAG!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.