UnderGround Forums

SupportGround >> Fiance decided we need a part part 2

9/7/12 6:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BaconRage
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alright OG here goes nothing, I'll report back after
9/7/12 9:41 PM
BaconRage
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And I was stood up seriously wtf did I do to deserve this.  First fiance leaves me, second get blown off by some girl, and now stood up by another.
9/7/12 11:35 PM
Halifax
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BaconRage -  And I was stood up seriously wtf did I do to deserve this.  First fiance leaves me, second get blown off by some girl, and now stood up by another.

Don't sweat it son, You'll hardly remember this stand up in a few months/years. Will be something to laugh at later on in life. I know it sucks right now, but just take it in perspective.
9/8/12 6:20 PM
BaconRage

Jockey - 
BaconRage -  And I was stood up seriously wtf did I do to deserve this.  First fiance leaves me, second get blown off by some girl, and now stood up by another.

whatever you do don't try to contact the girl who stood you up

don't plan on it, I really didn't care last night.  IDK why I just don't understand the streak I'm in here
9/9/12 4:15 PM
Halifax
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BaconRage - 
Jockey - 

whatever you do don't try to contact the girl who stood you up

don't plan on it, I really didn't care last night.  IDK why I just don't understand the streak I'm in here

Keep your head up bro. Its only human to think about everything that goes wrong around a traumatic event like you went though with your ex.
Do you best to focus on whats important right now around you that might otherwise overlook.

Your health, your family, friends and your future. Again, Keep your head up BR; things will get better regardless of how you feel right now.
9/11/12 9:41 PM
snowman95
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BaconRage - 
Jockey - omg do NOT get her flowers and do NOT ever listen to women's advice about getting women.

Don't wear shorts on a date man, unless you're hiking or some shit.

Thank god I asked, I had the same thought process you did, but I asked for the "female opinion" she said shorts would be fine and flowers, I didn't love either idea that's why I came here for a second opinion

holy shit, dodged a bullet there, as Jockey said
9/11/12 9:45 PM
snowman95
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoops, sorry bro, didnt read the other bit about the standup, I gotta say man, be confident, you come across as lacking alot of faith in yourself, everyone has doubts but fuck it, could be worse, you could be a pygmy tribe member in a some hole that's trying to murder you (love for Justin).

Your life is not that bad, go change your fortunes.
9/12/12 6:27 AM
DMC
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Getting stood up, well that's a pain in the ass because it's a waste if your time. But don't sweat it.

And don't sweat getting blown off too. Shit like this is just par for the course and two in a row is simply a bit of poor luck and nothing else. Don't feel sorry for yourself.

Just make sure you're not coming off as desperate. Girls hate that and will run a mile.
9/12/12 3:24 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/12/12 3:24 PM
You miss all the shots you don't take, Bacon Rage. ;) Getting stood up sucks, but at least you made it. People flake out on dates for a variety of reasons. Most of us have acted irrationally in the past for reasons really completely outside the person that had to deal with our bullshit. You just have to keep that in mind. It stings like fuck, but ultimately it isn't a reflection on you.

You just have to keep plugging away. When you stop being so afraid of rejection and just start being yourself, you have to deal with rejection a lot less. It almost isn't fair in that sense. And when it does happen, you can just shrug your shoulders and continue on. Shit has a way of working out in the end if you let it get there.
9/12/12 4:27 PM
BaconRage

Thanks guys, Monday was pretty tough for some reason, I feel pretty good the last two days 
9/12/12 4:55 PM
BaconRage

Sucks, how long were you togetheer Warrior?
9/13/12 7:44 AM
BaconRage

I feel you bro, with all the stories of how cold women can be with flipping the switch like that and experiancing it first hand.  Makes it hard not to generalize all of them.
9/26/12 8:17 AM
BaconRage

So I'' throw a little update out:

Life has actually been good, but I really feel more depressed.  Two weeks ago I was feeling pretty good, like I was getting over it and was looking forward to last week.  Last week there were a bunch of meetings/dinners with people with work and my dad was unavailable so it fell on my shoulders and was excited about that.  And everything went great but I just felt/feel so lonely.  I just wrote it off that it was because I couldn't get into the gym.

Saturday comes around I go train and I'm happy when I'm there, but I did not get a good workout in.  The rest of Saturday sucked, couldn't wait for Sunday.

Sunday we play touch football all morning, it goes all winter and then 8 o clock hockey, so Sunday was pretty good.

Monday depressed, was supposed to go hang out with a buddy, but he was too tired said we would catch up Wednesday.

Yesterday, depressed finally reached out to some friends about how I'm feeling they picked me up emotionally.  Went to train last night and felt really good when class started.  Then idk I did something that in 6 years (4 years of training) I was proud to say I've never done.  Was rolling with this guy and we're evenly matched.  We were in the middle of a roll and I just quit.  I mentally broke.  I was almost in tears.  But at the end of class I was feeling good again getting someone ready for an up coming fight.
9/26/12 11:48 AM
snowman95

Could be worse Phone Post
9/26/12 11:53 AM
paw
1429 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hang in there!

10/1/12 7:15 PM
Adventure Runner
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey, man. It'll take work to get over this, but it sounds like you're on your way. Eventually those "depressed days" will get fewer and further between, and then life will just carry on. You'll be better off too. Stronger emotionally and without this chick in your life. It sucks any time at all, but it's better finding out sooner rather than later.
11/7/12 2:04 PM
BaconRage

Edited: 11/07/12 2:04 PM

My ex just texted me.  Nothing great she just said please talk to me.  I told her to talk to my lawyer.  I'm shaking like a leaf, can't calm down.

11/7/12 2:17 PM
cthlcschlgrl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BaconRage - 

My ex just texted me.  Nothing great she just said please talk to me.  I told her to talk to my lawyer.  I'm shaking like a leaf, can't calm down.

Don't back down. You did the right thing.  DO NOT talk to her.

Hang in there buddy.

11/7/12 2:25 PM
MarsMan
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BaconRage - 

Change your number.

She's going to call you from a number you don't know and try to drag you into drama.

11/7/12 2:51 PM
BaconRage

MarsMan - 
BaconRage - 

Change your number.

She's going to call you from a number you don't know and try to drag you into drama.

Solid advice, I don't answer the phone if I don't know the number

11/7/12 6:28 PM
Dark Knight
384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When it happened to me I got a call about 6 months later that she missed me and wanted to see me. I said no.

I had joined the Army and was home for Christmas about a year later. She called my mom after I was gone. I didnt call her back.

Imagine facing your friends and family after going back to her since they know what she did to you.

Change your phone number.

And you will now be able to give advice to younger guys that have this happen to them.
11/8/12 3:42 AM
Leigh
827 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stay strong, you did good Phone Post
11/8/12 11:06 AM
DMC
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Impressive.

I'll be honest - I didn't think you were strong enough.
11/8/12 2:24 PM
BaconRage

DMC - Impressive.

I'll be honest - I didn't think you were strong enough.

I appreciate that, and honestley when this whole thing went started I wasn't

11/9/12 7:17 AM
DMC

I was really glad to read the part about you having a bigger circle of friends now.

It's only been what, 3 months? You probably still have bad days when you feel down and I'm sure you still miss her (or more specifically, miss who she WAS) but when you do wake up one day and realise you're over it it's the most liberating feeling in the world. The freedom of being a single guy in your 20s and 30s, especially if you have a good job, is just immense. You can do it all.

I wasn't lied to and f**ked around like you were but I was dumped by my GF of 9 years out of the blue one day. We were together from 15 to 24 years of age. I was in pieces. I cut off contact completely for over two years. Not even a text.

I woke up and that was it. I was over her. I never looked back. My life is awesome even if I do say so myself lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.