UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Ben Henderson opens as 3 to 1 favorite over Diaz

8/16/12 9:18 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson fights top contender Nate Diaz in the main event at UFC on FOX 5 on Sat., Dec. 8, 2012. Henderson is coming off a Roli Delgado thin win over Frankie Edgar at UFC 150. Diaz is on a three-fight win streak, over Takanori Gomi, Donald Cerrone, and Jim Miller.

MMA oddsmaker Joey Oddessa has set an opening "Odessa line" with Henderson at -340 and Diaz at +260, which makes the champ an approximate 3-to-1 favorite.

"If Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone didn't have a gentleman's agreement to stand and bang, Diaz wouldn't be fighting Henderson at UFC on FOX 5," Oddessa told MMAjunkie.com. "I think Cerrone hurt him in the first round and decided not to pursue finishing him on the ground. That was his downfall."

Diaz, though, has the conditioning for deeper rounds, and his constant barrage of punches should present a unique challenge to Henderson.

Oddessa has also opened lines for UFC on FOX 5's other two big matchups.

Alexander Gustafsson (-145)
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (+115).

Rory MacDonald (-285)
B.J. Penn (+225).

Read entire article...

8/16/12 9:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DiscoNfrno
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You got guts Joey.  Wish betting was still legal here.  I'd take that one.
forrestfan
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, BJ, Shogun and Nate as underdogs on one card. Kind of cool.
FUTA WON (c)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lloyd gave me my bluename 9/11 Clown Top Team -

I think Cerrone hurt him in the first round and decided not to pursue finishing him on the ground. That was his downfall."

Wat?

Nate teed off on him in the first. Cerrone ate a lot of big shots.

Proof of gentleman's agreement?

Huh?????

It was well known they had an agreement to stand and bang that fight. Phone Post
8/16/12 9:26 AM
Card
1905 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Break Left
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Nate and Shogun are both going to win decisively. Either I've lost touch with reality, or this odds maker is sucks.
Renegadej
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easy money. Phone Post
8/16/12 9:28 AM
FUTA WON (c)
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Break Left - I think Nate and Shogun are both going to win decisively. Either I've lost touch with reality, or this odds maker is sucks.
Sorry to tell you but Odessa is the go to guy for MMA odds. Phone Post
8/16/12 9:31 AM
HenryO

"I think Cerrone hurt him in the first round and decided not to pursue finishing him on the ground."

I think this is some terrible analysis
8/16/12 9:31 AM
savage043
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bet it all! Phone Post
8/16/12 9:33 AM
Johnny D
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only way I see Bendo winning this fight is by holding Diaz down and blanketing him for five rounds. On the feet Bendo gets picked apart, Diaz off his back is better than Bendo taking chances on top. Maybe I'm not giving Bendo enough credit, I know he's a very good fighter but from what I have seen up to now I say this is a Diaz victory, I say that because I believe there are more ways for Diaz to win this fight than Bendo. Phone Post
8/16/12 9:33 AM
MrMichaelz

uhmm.. this might be the first time I gamble on a sporting event.
8/16/12 9:34 AM
blupitt
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Might actuall make my first online bet for Nate he's on a new level lately. Phone Post
8/16/12 9:37 AM
fna
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Break Left - I think Nate and Shogun are both going to win decisively. Either I've lost touch with reality, or this odds maker is sucks.

its not just him...out of the few online sites that already have odds posted for bendo vs nate the best price ive seen on benson was -270, nate was +210 in that case
8/16/12 9:38 AM
TheRealMrBeefy

The Diaz/Bendo fight has upset written all over it.....

Diaz is taking that belt and a lot of people are going to make good money w/ those odds.... Phone Post
8/16/12 9:44 AM
BBQ@bendos
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd def put some money on a Nate/BJ/Shogun parlay Phone Post
8/16/12 9:45 AM
Willin_But_Not_Chaeble
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card -  

I really hope he messes up Benson's perm.

8/16/12 9:50 AM
DaddyRich
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So where would one go to place an online bet?
8/16/12 11:03 AM
chaplinshouse
704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh shit i may have to come out of betting retirement on this one
8/16/12 11:17 AM
Bearded Collie Herds Orca

MrMichaelz - uhmm.. this might be the first time I gamble on a sporting event.

same
8/16/12 11:26 AM
Keith Kizers Boots

"If Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone didn't have a gentleman's agreement to stand and bang, Diaz wouldn't be fighting Henderson at UFC on FOX 5," Oddessa, who can be found on Twitter at@mmaodds, told MMAjunkie.com. "I think Cerrone hurt him in the first round and decided not to pursue finishing him on the ground. That was his downfall."

Just when I though "MMA Journalism" could not get worse.....

Now, Diaz strongest point is his standup and Cerrone's is the ground. 

Paint me blue and call me Sally.... or something along those lines.
8/16/12 12:40 PM
chaplinshouse
704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^lol.  Nate would dominate Cerrone on the ground too
8/16/12 8:02 PM
Lex_o

Edited: 08/16/12 8:05 PM
Everybody stfu act like Nate doesn't have a chance in Hell get these odds even more f'd up hen maybe we can all rake it in in December. Kind of interesting I would figure Nate would be more popular mainstream pick with his on fox performance the night of mayweather fight. Cook out I was at people seemed pretty interested in the guy flipping people off and kickin ass.
8/16/12 8:40 PM
Bad Monkey
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

odds are already

-140 henderson      
even for Nate

The wagering community strongly disagrees with the opening line. 
8/16/12 8:52 PM
Bad Monkey
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is this in What if?

Nate's line
Benson's line

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.