UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Maynard: Diaz will win the title

8/16/12 9:46 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

“It opens up things for me. It opens up things for (Anthony) Pettis because he beat Benson. If Nate beats him, that opens it up for me more because there’s a trilogy. He beat me once and I beat him, so we could do the third fight. There’s a lot of options,” Maynard stated

Maynard makes no bones about wanting the winner in the fight between Benson Henderson and Nate Diaz, but he believes that a trilogy could be in his future after UFC on Fox 5 finishes on Dec. 8

“Nate’s on a roll; I think he’ll pull it out,” Maynard said about the fight between Henderson and Diaz. “If he does, I know he was begging for me for a long time, but for me I was looking at the title and that’s a fight that would be a great fight for the title. I’d like to do the TV show against him if that’s the case.”

read entire article...

8/16/12 10:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shootfightermike
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
8/16/12 11:25 AM
semtex0809
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's in the back of the line,good try tho Phone Post
8/16/12 11:38 AM
Saltyballs
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A split decision over Diaz 2 1/2 years ago doesn't automatically "open things up". 2 of his last 3 fights have been for the title. Now he wants a 3rd title shot after a controversial split decision over Guida?

155 is too stacked to be giving one guy shot after shot after shot. Back of the line man, geez.
8/16/12 12:05 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

for some reason, his actual statement seems softer than the headline...but oh well
8/16/12 12:12 PM
ranier wolfcastle
664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knockoutimus -  Maynard a too dumb to do tuf Phone Post

irony
8/16/12 12:14 PM
32Hunter

I like. Phone Post
8/16/12 2:22 PM
Jsteven
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Diego. Phone Post
8/16/12 2:32 PM
newjack900
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ Penn needs to be in this division man.. Now that Frankie isn't at the top, I think BJ could still wreck most of these guys.
8/16/12 3:30 PM
UGCTT_UncleCameron

ranier wolfcastle -
Knockoutimus -  Maynard a too dumb to do tuf Phone Post

irony
Lol! Phone Post
8/16/12 3:35 PM
B0NESAW
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who does Maynard think he is? Faber
8/16/12 3:40 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol like anyone wants to see that "trilogy" fight Phone Post
8/16/12 3:40 PM
GSP24

I think Maynard really wants Diaz to win but he must recognize that Bendo is a 3 to 1 favorite right now.

#rubbermatch Phone Post
8/16/12 4:25 PM
RandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Lol like anyone wants to see that "trilogy" fight Phone Post
I'd actually love to see that, two actual scrapers trying to fight. Phone Post
8/16/12 4:34 PM
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz will beat him a 3rd time.. Last fight was bs Phone Post
8/16/12 4:48 PM
RandyDarsh
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tranny Yarbrough G(ayest)OAT -
RandyDarsh - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - Lol like anyone wants to see that "trilogy" fight Phone Post

lol, Maynard is a scrapper now? not too long ago people were calling him Lay Praynard, just because his last couple of opponents haven't been the kind of guys you can snuggle fuck, doesn't mean Maynard is a scrapper. Put Maynard in against some good strikers and you can bet your ass he's gonna revert back to Lay Praynard.
Well if you look at the last time Nate fought gray, it wasn't a snuggle fest.
But OK BRO Phone Post
8/16/12 4:50 PM
murfamurph

GSP24 -  I think Maynard really wants Diaz to win but he must recognize that Bendo is a 3 to 1 favorite right now.

#rubbermatch Phone Post

3 to 1 my ass
8/16/12 4:52 PM
AmmoMan
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saltyballs - A split decision over Diaz 2 1/2 years ago doesn't automatically "open things up". 2 of his last 3 fights have been for the title. Now he wants a 3rd title shot after a controversial split decision over Guida?

155 is too stacked to be giving one guy shot after shot after shot. Back of the line man, geez.

Agree with everything you said but the controversial split decision bit......Guida did nothing during that fight. Terrible fight all around, but even if Maynard had just stood in the center of the Octagon sayign come at me bro for the whole fight, he would have deserved the nod.
8/16/12 5:19 PM
Saltyballs
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AmmoMan - 
Saltyballs - A split decision over Diaz 2 1/2 years ago doesn't automatically "open things up". 2 of his last 3 fights have been for the title. Now he wants a 3rd title shot after a controversial split decision over Guida?

Agree with everything you said but the controversial split decision bit......Guida did nothing during that fight. Terrible fight all around, but even if Maynard had just stood in the center of the Octagon sayign come at me bro for the whole fight, he would have deserved the nod.

Totally agree, Maynard won that fight.

I mainly meant controversial as in lackluster. Not Maynard's fault for sure, but certainly not enough to turn around and ask for Diaz and another title shot so soon.
8/16/12 5:20 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RandyDarsh -
RandyDarsh - 

lol, Maynard is a scrapper now? not too long ago people were calling him Lay Praynard, just because his last couple of opponents haven't been the kind of guys you can snuggle fuck, doesn't mean Maynard is a scrapper. Put Maynard in against some good strikers and you can bet your ass he's gonna revert back to Lay Praynard.
But OK BRO Phone Post
I get what you're saying but Maynard is no scrapper. He's boring for the most part, don't let those Edgar fights fool you....those were exciting mainly due to Frankie. His fight with Florian, Guida, etc. Phone Post
8/16/12 6:31 PM
Jaybrone
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
RandyDarsh -
RandyDarsh - 

But OK BRO Phone Post
I get what you're saying but Maynard is no scrapper. He's boring for the most part, don't let those Edgar fights fool you....those were exciting mainly due to Frankie. His fight with Florian, Guida, etc. Phone Post
So Frankie is known to make fights exciting? Those fights were exciting because Maynard put Frankie on queer street and looked to finish it. And Edgar managed to survive. If Gray hadn't put it on frank early the. We would have seen the same dancing Frankie. Phone Post
8/16/12 10:48 PM
Seraldo Babalu
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B0NESAW - Who does Maynard think he is? Faber

HAHA!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.