UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ? for those of you who are animated Gif Gurus

8/16/12 12:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I realize this is not specifically about MMA, but there are enough people on the UG that make fantastic GIFs that I thought id ask the question here.

Ive fiddled around with making my own gifs, but am just curious what programs you guys recommend using.

Ive tried a few free downloadable ones, and am not completely satisfied with the capabilities.

Learn me some GIF Making, UG!
8/16/12 12:20 PM
brigsy
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure. Think PS can do it. Phone Post
8/16/12 12:26 PM
DamnSevern
1189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

QuickTime and photoshop

Others use gimp

Get learning because someone should take my place
8/16/12 12:28 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive tried Gimp, and a program called VidGif. Problem i have with the latter is that if it is a large source file, it only lets you pick starting and finishing points in gaps, like every 15 seconds or so. Tough to get the gif right where you want it when it does that.

I have photoshop elements, but from what i understand you cannot make gifs with that. Am I wrong?
8/16/12 12:28 PM
Modal Jazz
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -  QuickTime and photoshop

Others use gimp

where's your red? are you leaving?
8/16/12 12:29 PM
UGCTT_rkilla
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Others use gimp

what the hell does that last line mean?

You're not leaving us are you Damn :(
8/16/12 12:31 PM
sockeye
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Photopshop? How do you load videos to photoshop to cut the video to the specific piece and create the gig? ....with all due respect I do believe you're wrong Phone Post
8/16/12 12:31 PM
Ansari
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the most part I just use QuickTime Pro for trimming videos down quickly to the parts I want to use and Photoshop to manipulate the clips. A few times I've used Flash or After Effects to do some more advanced stuff.
8/16/12 12:33 PM
DamnSevern
1189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes I am..

I apologize to the 30 or so people I can actually have an argument with without being attacked of resorting to name calling.  And the ones who usually post in my threads, like you 3....thank you
8/16/12 12:34 PM
DamnSevern

Modal Jazz - 

Others use gimp

I demodded myself
8/16/12 12:35 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
For DamnSevern
8/16/12 12:35 PM
UGCTT_Suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is why we can't have nice things....  
8/16/12 12:36 PM
DamnSevern

sockeye -  Photopshop? How do you load videos to photoshop to cut the video to the specific piece and create the gig? ....with all due respect I do believe you're wrong Phone Post

You can either trim them down in quicktime....Or just open the video in photoshop.

Yes, I've made. 1000 gifs using that method.  You believe wrong
8/16/12 12:37 PM
UGCTT_Suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/16/12 12:38 PM
DamnSevern

Northfromhere and suess, 2 more good posters.  Appreciated all of our interactions
8/16/12 12:39 PM
Chimonos Revenge

DamnSevern - 
Modal Jazz - 

Others use gimp

I demodded myself

What for?
8/16/12 12:39 PM
UGCTT_ WhoWishesTheyWereSmooth?
704 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's goin on damn ? U one of the good guys round here Phone Post
8/16/12 12:40 PM
Chimonos Revenge

DamnSevern - 
sockeye -  Photopshop? How do you load videos to photoshop to cut the video to the specific piece and create the gig? ....with all due respect I do believe you're wrong Phone Post

You can either trim them down in quicktime....Or just open the video in photoshop.

Does this work with Elements?

Or just the full on version of PS?
8/16/12 12:41 PM
Modal Jazz
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern - 
Modal Jazz - 

Others use gimp

I demodded myself

that's a drag.....I enjoy your presence here..
8/16/12 12:42 PM
DamnSevern

Pm me if you'd like to keep in touch via Facebook or whatever
8/16/12 12:43 PM
Chimonos Revenge

Another loss for the good guys if DS leaves.

Another win for the mongoloid trolls :(
8/16/12 12:44 PM
DamnSevern

Chimonos Revenge - 
DamnSevern - 

Does this work with Elements?

Or just the full on version of PS?

I've never used elements...I used photoshop for gifs mainly because I was comfortable with the program doing graphic design 

You can download the full version free for 30 days....try it out
8/16/12 12:58 PM
Sugarfoot
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnSevern -  Yes I am..

I apologize to the 30 or so people I can actually have an argument with without being attacked of resorting to name calling.  And the ones who usually post in my threads, like you 3....thank you
Sorry to hear that, why not just take a short break? Phone Post
8/16/12 1:24 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You will be missed DS. Always loved your threads Phone Post
8/16/12 1:38 PM
DamnSevern

Sorry susugar foot 

Onlythestrongsurvive..you alwayspostedin my threads and had positive things to say, thank you

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.