UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ronda talks Cyborg: Stop doping and meet me at 135

8/16/12 12:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/16/12 12:46 PM

TSN Radio's "The MMA Report with John Pollock (transcribed via MMAFighting) - http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/8/16/3247102/ronda-rousey-blasts-cris-cyborg-stop-doping-and-meet-me-at-135 

"If she wants to fight me than she is going to have to find a way to come down to 135," she said. "We'll see how she does in a fair fight for once in her life. She has a history of coming in overweight to fights and I wouldn't doubt that if we agreed to some sort of catchweight at 140, she’d show up at 145 anyway and be like 'ah whatever, fight or not.' She’s done this many times before. I don't owe her anything. She's completely defamed, and anything she’s ever done is nothing because she is a big old cheater and she's been doping her whole life. And I think part of the reason why people like Dana [White] think there is a lack of depth in all these divisions is because this girl is doping and making everybody look like they aren't in her league. And I think the reason why people look at women's MMA like that was because of her. She is nothing but a detriment to the sport and the only positive she could play is an Ivan Drago bad guy that gets beat to hell by a Rocky. So no, she can come down and fight me at 135 because I have a whole line of other people that want to fight me already and I don’t owe her anything. 

"I don't need to come up and it’s just like, why would I even want to come up to her weight?" she continued. "Stop doping, lose the weight. She can either do the drugs and fight me at 135 and have the drugs be just as much a detriment as a help to her during the weight cut, or she can cut out all the doping and make the weight easily. It's just whatever. As long as she makes 135, I don't care if she's injecting horse semen into her eyeballs but that’s the only way I feel it would be a fair fight. She’s never had a fair fight in her life and I see how the prospect of that would scare the hell out of her and why she would insist at fighting heavier."

8/16/12 12:48 PM
disbeliever
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
lol @ horse semen in your eye ball
8/16/12 12:49 PM
Tad Ghostal
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In before Honda haters.
8/16/12 12:50 PM
Wovito
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Harsh, but true. That's a man, baby.
8/16/12 12:52 PM
kinson

Honda speaks the truth. Cyborg Doesn't deserve a shot at the belt. Phone Post
8/16/12 12:53 PM
Lurkdaddy316
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, rough around the edges but a valid point.
8/16/12 12:53 PM
Card
1915 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/16/12 12:55 PM
BBQ@bendos
785 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol'd @ injecting horse semen. That was a good one. Phone Post
8/16/12 12:56 PM
UGCTT_KaBrooney
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of her better rants. Phone Post
8/16/12 12:56 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this super in disguise?
8/16/12 12:58 PM
Seamus619

disbeliever - lol @ horse semen in your eye ball

This :-)
8/16/12 12:59 PM
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Othello - Harsh words but definitely feel like there i some truth to them.

the harsh truth
8/16/12 12:59 PM
ufc98newb
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spot on. ronda annoys the shit out of me with a lot of what she says, but this is the perfect respose to cyborg. every word in that response was completely logical and fair
8/16/12 1:05 PM
jasonhightower
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's one perspective to avoiding a fight. I'm not a fan of either but I get the feeling Honda is a little afraid of this fight at this point in her career.

Can't say I blame her, as she has a lot to lose right now. You wouldn't see guys like Hendo or Chael letting 5 lbs keep you from taking a challenging fight. Phone Post
8/16/12 1:10 PM
RandyDarsh
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't wanna fuck with cyborg if I was her either Phone Post
8/16/12 1:11 PM
T Bag

Holy crap she just totally eviscerated Cyborg
8/16/12 1:15 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

luilz
8/16/12 1:16 PM
RLL
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jasonhightower -  That's one perspective to avoiding a fight. I'm not a fan of either but I get the feeling Honda is a little afraid of this fight at this point in her career.

Can't say I blame her, as she has a lot to lose right now. You wouldn't see guys like Hendo or Chael letting 5 lbs keep you from taking a challenging fight. Phone Post

I think many male fighters would have an issue fighting in a higher weight class against an opponent who has a history of missing weight as well as coming straight off a suspension for PEDs...
8/16/12 1:17 PM
dbeedy
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb - spot on. ronda annoys the shit out of me with a lot of what she says, but this is the perfect respose to cyborg. every word in that response was completely logical and fair

8/16/12 1:19 PM
pickula
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's right - why should she make any concessions whatsoever to a known cheat?
8/16/12 1:20 PM
fryabusa
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was the drug test Cyborg failed the only test she's taken?  Has she failed other tests?  Ronda always says Cyborg has cheated her whole life so I'm wondering about Cyborg failing other tests.
8/16/12 1:24 PM
SamboMMA

LOL @ Rousey's sudden backpedaling. For months she talked about wanting to win the 135 belt then go back up and fight Cyborg. Cyborg gets suspended and Rousey runs her mouth trashing her for months. Cyborg is set to come back and now Rousey wants to still run her mouth while playing the "Come get me." card.

As a couple of her training partners would say "Don't be scared homie."
8/16/12 1:26 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pickula - She's right - why should she make any concessions whatsoever to a known cheat?
Hmmm.

Didnt the CHAMP Anderson Silva make concessions to face a CHEATER?

I mean, had to take the rematch.

Couldn't do it in Brazil.

If you want the limelight and the big fight, you concede to make it happen.

Ronda needs a big fight.

As long as Cyborg exists it'll always hang about her.

They need to fight and she does no favors by making it appear she lacks the willingness to eat a sandwich and go fight her. Phone Post
8/16/12 1:26 PM
ufc98newb
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jasonhightower -  That's one perspective to avoiding a fight. I'm not a fan of either but I get the feeling Honda is a little afraid of this fight at this point in her career.

It's a lot more than 5 lbs. ronda would basically going into that fight without cutting, whereas cyborg is probably cutting 15-20 lbs to get there.
8/16/12 1:30 PM
Billyz
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryabusa -  Was the drug test Cyborg failed the only test she's taken?  Has she failed other tests?  Ronda always says Cyborg has cheated her whole life so I'm wondering about Cyborg failing other tests.

Seriously? Yes she technically has never been "caught" cheating except for the one time...but the general consensus from the uneducated to the educated on the topic all agree the chick has been juiced to the gills for quite some time evidenced by her man like physique and muscularity.
Proven no... but ... well I mean come on who didn't know she was juiced to the gills all these years.

Not fighter bashing

As for Ronda's response.
Its freaking great and spot on. Cyborg doesn't deserve to chastise Ronda when shes just coming off a freaking suspension for cheating that puts in question all of her old wins. Its BS.

As for the Hendos and Chaels who move up in weight.
How many Hendo's are their?
BJ penns etc
not many and that isn't a detriment to Ronda, I wouldn't want to move up in weight to fight a cheater, so its an easier cut for them. Isn't the steroids enough of an advantage?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.