UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen opens as 2-1 favorite over Griffin

8/16/12 9:19 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Chael Sonnen finally made up his mind earlier this week and will be moving up into the light heavyweight division. He announced on UFC Tonight that his first opponent will be former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin, and according to the oddsmakers, he'll be the favorite going into that bout with the much larger man. Here's how BestFightOdds has it right now:

Chael Sonnen - 220

Forrest Griffin + 232

read entire article...

8/16/12 9:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jsteven
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thought it would be closer to even money Phone Post
8/16/12 9:23 PM
Tap In
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest the author? They are giving him too much credit, should be a bigger dog than that. Chael will own him
8/16/12 9:39 PM
jjj2121
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That line will only rise.

Forrest is shot.
8/16/12 9:40 PM
Radio Raheem
1317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only 2-1? 
8/16/12 9:42 PM
MasterofMartialArts
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am i the only that doesn't care about this fight?
8/16/12 9:43 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm surprised it isnt at least 3-1. Figured it would be 4 or 5 to 1 Phone Post
8/16/12 9:43 PM
BBQ@bendos
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems about right. Phone Post
8/16/12 9:50 PM
StretchPlum

Ya never know. Sonnen's moving up and Forrest will still outweight him by a substantial margin. Forrest's sub game is competent also.
8/16/12 9:57 PM
landers96
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it would be bigger odds than that. Dana wants Griffin to retire, this is how he's gonna make him
8/16/12 10:02 PM
Ep32nv
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StretchPlum - Ya never know. Sonnen's moving up and Forrest will still outweight him by a substantial margin. Forrest's sub game is competent also.
Forrest by Triangle Phone Post
8/16/12 10:07 PM
BosniaST

Ok i think forrest will win first of all he's much bigger the guy gets as big as 250. Second he's beaten chael before in the past so why would he be able to do it now.
8/16/12 10:10 PM
MostLegit
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen does not belong at 205. He's a good 185er but isn't going to do well in a deeper shark tank. I'd rather see him fight Rashad at 85 Phone Post
8/16/12 10:36 PM
Ep32nv
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MostLegit - Sonnen does not belong at 205. He's a good 185er but isn't going to do well in a deeper shark tank. I'd rather see him fight Rashad at 85 Phone Post
For sure.

The lose and move up in weight idea doesn't seem quite right to me. Now if it was Sonnen vs Koschek at 170 I'd be more excited. (than Forrest) Phone Post
8/16/12 10:39 PM
inf0
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy shit.. I'm putting money on Forrest...
8/16/12 10:40 PM
inf0
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they're printin free money up in this motherfucker!

8/16/12 10:42 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BosniaST - Ok i think forrest will win first of all he's much bigger the guy gets as big as 250. Second he's beaten chael before in the past so why would he be able to do it now.
I know right! Fighters dont change at all in 8 years. Phone Post
8/16/12 10:42 PM
inf0

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
BosniaST - Ok i think forrest will win first of all he's much bigger the guy gets as big as 250. Second he's beaten chael before in the past so why would he be able to do it now.

exactly.. Chael is still tapping to triangles

8/16/12 10:43 PM
Willin_But_Not_Chaeble
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - they're printin free money up in this motherfucker!

8/16/12 10:47 PM
studiocamp
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I figured he'd be a bigger favorite since he'll be going into his fight with Jones as at least a 3-1 favorite.
8/16/12 10:49 PM
HandsomeTopTeam
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy. You would think Sonnen has already beat Griffin by triangle choke or something..
8/16/12 10:51 PM
MMALOGIC

what's with all these pointless rematches?  who wants to see this fight? 

Chael should be fighting Rashad or Wanderlei.

8/16/12 11:28 PM
BosniaST

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

A lot of fighters do change but i feel like chael hasn't if anything he tries to employ a takedown grind out the win strategy more now than before. I remember watching his wec fights and there was a couple of fights where he stood and traded with the other guy for a while.
8/16/12 11:43 PM
ophusker
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think chael takes it pretty easily. He's a huge middle weight hell be close to the same sie in the cage that Forrest is. Also he's a better striker then Forrest so even if he can't take him down he still wins. Third Forrest will probably gas like he did vs tito and chael will be in Great shape like he always is. The only way I see Forrest winning is submitting him from his back.
8/16/12 11:46 PM
BosniaST

ophusker - I think chael takes it pretty easily. He's a huge middle weight hell be close to the same sie in the cage that Forrest is. Also he's a better striker then Forrest so even if he can't take him down he still wins. Third Forrest will probably gas like he did vs tito and chael will be in Great shape like he always is. The only way I see Forrest winning is submitting him from his back.

No disrespect but i don't really agree with any of that Forrest is much bigger, i believe he's a better striker, and chael doesn't always come in great shape does anyone remember the bisping fight. BTW i thought bisping won that and i also thing forrest usually has pretty good conditioning.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.