UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ariel: Jon Jones' deal worth 20k/year

8/17/12 1:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Alpha World Peace
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -
Alpha World Peace - 
smac 2.0 - lol @ anyone who believes that.
You would laugh at Ariel? Phone Post

I would. He admits that he has only one source for the figure who doesn't represent Jones' management, Nike or Zuffa and that it's totally unsubstantiated. It's ridiculous that he went on his show and said it. That's some pathetic "journalism."

I used to think that the Helwani hate was over the top, but between the incessant instigation and shit like this, it's totally understandable.
True...but he didn't say that his source who he mentioned is VERY close to Jon wasn't his agent or manager. We have no idea. We can probably infer that it isn't based on Milky Malki's tweet of anger to Ariel after the Ali-Kawa bout was commented on by Helwani.

I wonder who the source is... Phone Post
8/17/12 1:30 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dong Johnson -  LMAO

DANA TOOK 90% OF THAT

Pacquiao signed with Nike for 20 MILLION.   That was in 08 when he wasn't even popular.

Apparently Nike recognized he had a future and grabbed him. And he's from the Philippines in case you didn't know that.
8/17/12 1:35 AM
ABE FROMAN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
8/17/12 1:40 AM
Leghound
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If true (doubtful) whoever was leading that negotiating needs to be fired. IT'S FUCKING NIKE! I don't think their corp/biz dev crew does any negotiations for less than 6 figures, that kind of deal they'd have a summer intern fuck with.
8/17/12 1:42 AM
Farewell Brock

Not a chance that number is accurate Phone Post
8/17/12 1:43 AM
DanChow
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Farewell Brock -  Not a chance that number is accurate Phone Post

On August 8th, Jones became the first mixed martial artist to be sponsored by Nike on a international scale. Anderson Silva and Yoshihiro Akiyama have signed regional deals with Nike in the past, but Jones will be the first to represent Nike globally.
8/17/12 1:51 AM
Boofhead3
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris -  No way that's true. Number seems way to low.
This i find it hard to beleive Phone Post
8/17/12 1:52 AM
japetto

Wow.
8/17/12 1:56 AM
DanChow
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://mmapayout.com/2012/08/jon-jones-signs-nike-deal/

The deal includes placement in Nike advertising and his own signature line. It is expected Jones will don the Swoosh on September 1st in his next title defense against Dan Henderson
8/17/12 1:56 AM
orcus

No chance this is true. 
8/17/12 2:09 AM
chaplinshouse
713 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in before jones' tweet denying it while not saying the real amount.

someone's trolling ariel.  "psss, hey toucan sam, over here... you knows i hear jon jones deal was only for 20k a year."  - "wow, REALLY? gee thanks mister! no way that could be false I'm gonna run with it!" 

8/17/12 2:13 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
892 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think there's a spy in Nike's Headquarters 
8/17/12 2:15 AM
MMALOGIC

he's making around a million bucks a year...  anyone who believes 20k a year is a rube.  Jones can make 20k on one fight with one placement on his shorts.

if he's getting 20k a year then he doesnt have a sponsorship with nike... nike wouldnt even do a sit down for a 20k a year deal....  they wouldnt even make a phone call for a 20k a year deal... they wouldnt even blow their nose on a 20k a year contract...  they wouldnt even wipe their ass with a 20k a year contract... 

Ariel Helwani is a maroon.
8/17/12 2:27 AM
swany

If 20 k a year is real .... I can only imagine how hard lebron is laughing
8/17/12 2:27 AM
skinnywussy

He would have worn the swoosh for free. It's the ultimate status symbol. Phone Post
8/17/12 2:36 AM
Dmoney35

Chris -  No way that's true. Number seems way to low.
there is zero chance it is true Phone Post
8/17/12 2:41 AM
DEZBOT

Feel sorry for anyone who actually believes this shit Phone Post
8/17/12 2:43 AM
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -  he's making around a million bucks a year...  anyone who believes 20k a year is a rube.  Jones can make 20k on one fight with one placement on his shorts.

if he's getting 20k a year then he doesnt have a sponsorship with nike... nike wouldnt even do a sit down for a 20k a year deal....  they wouldnt even make a phone call for a 20k a year deal... they wouldnt even blow their nose on a 20k a year contract...  they wouldnt even wipe their ass with a 20k a year contract... 

Ariel Helwani is a maroon.

why? maybe they give a locker room bonus if he sales a 100,000 units ,but the contract is only worth $20,00 until then

do you work for nike? all of your post have been on par with your screen name,except this 1. until you tell me you work for nike and know for sure i'll take the maroons word,only because he has the mic.
8/17/12 2:51 AM
Kostakio
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kinkle - The deal isn't that bad, I also heard that Jon Jones gets a 50% discount on all Nike products.
lol Phone Post
8/17/12 3:00 AM
huggy bear

That's bullshit Nike is represented by some of the worlds best athletes and Nike is extremely picky as to who they let represent them, if Nike wants to work with jones I'm sure it's a very lucrative deal Phone Post
8/17/12 3:00 AM
dannyapodaca
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way its true and for someone to repeat that has to be a real dipshit. Phone Post
8/17/12 3:06 AM
Ironclad

20k is ridiculous and obviously incorrect. Frankly, I'm surprised Helwani would even publicly discuss this without further verification.

The scope of this deal seems to be far greater than just slapping a Nike logo on Jones' shorts and 20k from one of the largest sports sponsors in the world would be a slap in the face and an insult. As a matter of fact, that kind of money would serve as the perfect anti-advertisement for me. I'd stop buying Nike apparel if that's what they thought a MMA sponsorship with one of the premier fighters in MMA was worth.

This is Nike we're talking about, not Condom Depot.
8/17/12 3:30 AM
Dominicf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nike choosing to sign up Jones never made sense to me until now.
8/17/12 3:40 AM
ShaqNoob
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - 
nobones -  After manager cut, UFC cut, agent cut i bet he's left with something close to that number for himself. Phone Post

The UFC takes a cut of sponsorship money? Since when?

If this 20k number is true then that is really a huge embarrassment for all of MMA and show us where it really fits on the sports landscape

Since a few years ago. Some weird $100,000 sponsorship fee...
8/17/12 4:01 AM
Humphrey

it's hilarious that people are actually trying to compare jon jones with lebron james, manny pacquiao and people like that when considering how much nike might pay.

you guys are some delusional fans

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.