UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ariel: Jon Jones' deal worth 20k/year

8/17/12 10:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jaybrone
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -
Alpha World Peace - 
smac 2.0 - lol @ anyone who believes that.
You would laugh at Ariel? Phone Post

I would. He admits that he has only one source for the figure who doesn't represent Jones' management, Nike or Zuffa and that it's totally unsubstantiated. It's ridiculous that he went on his show and said it. That's some pathetic "journalism."

I used to think that the Helwani hate was over the top, but between the incessant instigation and shit like this, it's totally understandable.
No real journalist would put this put there that's why MMA journalism is a fucking joke. Even in the sports journalism world it's a joke. You don't write or go public with info that is from a non credible or non substantiated source if you want to ever be considered a true journalist. Phone Post
8/17/12 10:56 AM
BROTHER WISDOM
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im shocked anyone really thinks this is true. You dont get a global sponsorship and your own line from Nike for 20k a year. anyone who even thinks its true or tries to reason that its possible is a complete fuckin idiot!

Helwani is an idiot for even reporting it
8/17/12 11:00 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

I think Ariel just didn't really give it much thought, heard the # from a source he maybe got credible info from in the past, and repeated it, no way that # is true, but I'm still a big fan...
8/17/12 11:00 AM
funk samurai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I would love it to be true just for comedy

But there is no way in hell it is.

Still with Mily Cowa involved you never know. The guy should be selling used cars
8/17/12 11:14 AM
DeuceDroppin

My guess is this: John Jones told his buddies all different stupid low #s to troll reporters AND find out which ones are sell outs.

Bro1: 20k
Bro2: 25k
Bro3: 30k
...and so on.

Whatever # is leaked, he gets to laugh at whatever dumb ass reporter got trolled, and kick the leaker out of his entourage. JJ = fucking genius!! Phone Post
8/17/12 11:17 AM
Bearded Collie Herds Orca
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^this guy watches Game of Thrones...
8/17/12 11:23 AM
kostello

I wouldn't be surprised if Ariel has been partying with Mayhem Miller.
8/17/12 11:25 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bearded Collie Herds Orca - ^this guy watches Game of Thrones...

haha
8/17/12 11:39 AM
Flexo
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unpossible Phone Post
8/17/12 12:05 PM
TheMessiah

Chris -  No way that's true. Number seems way to low.
Helwani speaks the truth.. But I agree with you Phone Post
8/17/12 2:17 PM
lookoutawhale
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$10 000 after taxes?

hahah dont think so.
8/17/12 2:29 PM
sirlinxalot

naw, this has to be wrong otherwise it's pretty laughable. Anderson made a reported R$2.5 million (around $1.25 million US) just with sponsors for his fight with Belfort, and that's before Nike and Burger King, who knows how much he's banking today per fight. Jon has to be making at least close to that amount, otherwise it's pathetic.
8/17/12 3:19 PM
Authority Figure

My source, close source mind you, tells me that Ariel Helwani makes about $20,000 a year. Not a month. A year. As a part of his "exclusive global contract" with MMAFighting.com
8/17/12 3:33 PM
DeuceDroppin

KingofBJJ - $20k per year is very much likely. These guys are not Professional Boxers earn $10-$30 million a fight. Now they could earn $20k per MONTH, as can Basketball and NFL professional athelete.
^^^^ Big time sports agent right here! Phone Post
8/17/12 3:44 PM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No way true Phone Post
8/17/12 3:47 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris -  No way that's true. Number seems way to low.

i concur
8/17/12 4:13 PM
un3rgr0und

if its 20k a year then the agent who brokered the deal sucks at his job and should be ashamed

8/17/12 4:27 PM
chaplinshouse
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goal setting is the kryptonite to complacency.... Yep thats an original

haha he thought that was so clever.  can't help but notice he hasn't said a peep about the 20k thing

8/17/12 4:31 PM
GMan99
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe anyone is even arguing this. If Nike signed the guy to a long-term sponsorship deal you can be certain there were two commas in the number.
8/17/12 4:34 PM
Cyril Jeff

chaplinshouse -  

Goal setting is the kryptonite to complacency.... Yep thats an original

haha he thought that was so clever.  can't help but notice he hasn't said a peep about the 20k thing

honestly, he shouldn't even bother, anyone that knows much about sponsorships knows AMMOTOGO  has paid fighters more than that annually...
8/17/12 4:48 PM
Dmoney35
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it is faaaaar more than this. IT IS A WORLD WIDE SPONSORSHIP! lord people Phone Post
8/17/12 4:48 PM
Dmoney35
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GMan99 - I can't believe anyone is even arguing this. If Nike signed the guy to a long-term sponsorship deal you can be certain there were two commas in the number.
yes this Phone Post
8/17/12 5:44 PM
HenryO

Letibleu - You know who else uses this reporting method? Tabloids like the National Enquirer. They say an unconfirmed information, let someone else pick it up, then they quote from the source that picked up their original bullshit. Ariel has been douchy as of late.

All reporters use sources
8/17/12 11:37 PM
Alpha World Peace

Malki is usually foaming at the mouth to be able to respond to things like this.

The fact that he is actually keeping his mouth shit for once makes me think there may be some validity to these claims... Phone Post
8/17/12 11:56 PM
greg155

haha this isnt true, ariel just wants attention like usual

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.