UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> PROOF I didn't take a Dive. PLEASE SHARE this vid!

8/18/12 8:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gabemadrid
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SeanReed -
UGCTT_David_MMAmet - 
SeanReed - You took 3 clean hard shots, so the knock down was legit.

However, it does look like you just stood there and let him take the 3 shots.

I would say you were more foolish; taking fights on short notice is the most idiotic thing someone who values his career can do.

I don't care if you registered in '02, coming in here and making backhanded, disrespectful comments is probably one of the lamest things you could do.

I hope you feel better about yourself.

Waitaminute....my saying that one should only take fights that one is properly prepared for is backhanded and disrespectful?

How in the hell is that backhanded and disrespectful? It is a fact.

This kid has some talent and should be carefully taking, and more importantly, preparing for fights. When I was teaching at the Renzo affiliated Acadamy in Albany 10 years ago, I had a ton of guys ask me to corner/help them get ready and I always said no unless I felt it would advance their goals.

I helped Jay White prep for his 2 pan an Gold Medals and his first MMA win. He stopped taking my advice (the day after his first MMA win he wanted to drive 200 miles all night to a grappling match and was submitted) and his career ended up in the shitter (and this was a phenomenally talented kid).

Brian's chin was up because he was tired, he was tired because he took the fight on 3 days notice, am I the only one not stupid enough to recognize this fact? Why would I feel good about this? Hopefully he learns from this because he also has a lot of potential.
Taking a fight on short notice and losing was better for him that passing on that opportunity. I never even heard of him before. Add to the fact he almost won. Phone Post
8/18/12 8:27 PM
Jericco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Hogan has spoken.
8/18/12 8:28 PM
kerazzle
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was pretty convinced it was a dive when I first watched it, but this new angle makes a huge difference. I can really see the impact behind those shots from this perspective. Now I am 100% convinced that those shots put you out. That was a legit fight. Good luck to you in the future Brian, You can beat him next time.
8/18/12 8:29 PM
Hadoukenkieran
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pandrews76 - nah, that's a legit fight.
. Phone Post
8/18/12 8:34 PM
Brian Green
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Again,
Thank you all.

I would love for just one run in the UFC to try and win a bonus or two. I really think my heart and determination would earn me one. I don't think I'd be a World Champion per say, but I really think I have what it takes to beat some of the lower level guys. . . I have alright stand up, and I know a thing or two about Jiu Jitsu.... For MMA that is. I've never been belted, but I've tapped every rank from white to Black, and trained a few months with Robson Moura who is one of the greatest ever in BJJ.

I hope I could earn just one chance. I'm thrilled you guys now support me to have a chance at fighting in the UFC. I've put my heart and soul into this sport.

Go look up my fight with Joe Vedepo on youtube. You can see my shoulder dislocate twice in that fight. I fought for 25 months, ONE HANDED with a destroyed labram that dislocated probably close to 100 times before going 6-2 in 2008 and a doctor saw my potential and offered me a probono surgery.

Then the two years+ of fighting one handed had torn the other labram, then i had surgery on the OTHER shoulder. Now I'm finally healthy (other than the orbital bone Kimbo fractured that was re fractured in my title fight July 14th that is healing as we speak) and since being healthy I've managed to put together 8 Consecutive MMA wins, and an ALMOST in my Boxing debut.

hopefully I can earn a shot against a lower level UFC guy, and the matchup make a FOTN or KOOTN or SOTN bonus. That would make my career finally 'successful' --As all the MMA articles after the Kimbo fight stated "Green, an UNSUCCESSFUL MMA Fighter took the fight on 3 days notice" ::sigh:: it is what it is. I'm still only 26 years old. The only people who beat me have been legit, except 2 losses that weren't to top level competition.

Thanks for considering me worthy of a shot in the prelims of UFC. That is good to hear after everything else I've read from this site.
8/18/12 8:39 PM
kerazzle
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Green - Again,
Thank you all.

I would love for just one run in the UFC to try and win a bonus or two. I really think my heart and determination would earn me one. I don't think I'd be a World Champion per say, but I really think I have what it takes to beat some of the lower level guys. . . I have alright stand up, and I know a thing or two about Jiu Jitsu.... For MMA that is. I've never been belted, but I've tapped every rank from white to Black, and trained a few months with Robson Moura who is one of the greatest ever in BJJ.

I hope I could earn just one chance. I'm thrilled you guys now support me to have a chance at fighting in the UFC. I've put my heart and soul into this sport.

Go look up my fight with Joe Vedepo on youtube. You can see my shoulder dislocate twice in that fight. I fought for 25 months, ONE HANDED with a destroyed labram that dislocated probably close to 100 times before going 6-2 in 2008 and a doctor saw my potential and offered me a probono surgery.

Then the two years+ of fighting one handed had torn the other labram, then i had surgery on the OTHER shoulder. Now I'm finally healthy (other than the orbital bone Kimbo fractured that was re fractured in my title fight July 14th that is healing as we speak) and since being healthy I've managed to put together 8 Consecutive MMA wins, and an ALMOST in my Boxing debut.

hopefully I can earn a shot against a lower level UFC guy, and the matchup make a FOTN or KOOTN or SOTN bonus. That would make my career finally 'successful' --As all the MMA articles after the Kimbo fight stated "Green, an UNSUCCESSFUL MMA Fighter took the fight on 3 days notice" ::sigh:: it is what it is. I'm still only 26 years old. The only people who beat me have been legit, except 2 losses that weren't to top level competition.

Thanks for considering me worthy of a shot in the prelims of UFC. That is good to hear after everything else I've read from this site.

There's a difference between not having made it to a big venue yet and being unsuccessful. You're still a young guy, so its too early to stick that label of "unsuccessful" on you. That being said, you can't expect much in the way of fairness from a lot of sports writers. You're dedicating yourself to something you're passionate about which is what's important. Success is a nice bonus to it.
8/18/12 8:53 PM
MGSPrim3

Shots def looked stiff, no dive there Phone Post
8/18/12 9:01 PM
JacT
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im in late...

I know nothing of this fight and I have no idea of who Green is. That DID NOT LOOK LIKE A FIXED FIGHT TO ME. And that did not look like a dive AT ALL.

JacT
8/18/12 9:08 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
932 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not  a fix
8/18/12 9:28 PM
elbigsam
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks legit to me, took a couple on the chin before hand, then a nice left got through..... Phone Post
8/18/12 9:30 PM
mixedmartialmike

Best of luck Brian you def. are a warrior with balls. Phone Post
8/18/12 9:30 PM
japetto

ttt
8/18/12 9:44 PM
BoondockJOSH
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight man, your tough Phone Post
8/18/12 9:50 PM
Brian Green
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JacT - Im in late...

I know nothing of this fight and I have no idea of who Green is. That DID NOT LOOK LIKE A FIXED FIGHT TO ME. And that did not look like a dive AT ALL.

JacT

From the beginning:

March 24th was the fight.

4 days before the fight Kimbo's camp was 'requiring video footage' of his scheduled opponent, when the opponent didn't provide it, the fight was called off. .

I saw a heavily promoted event bringing Kimbo Slice to fight, NOT having an opponent for the Main Event. I had fought for this promoter before, and I texted the promoter 4 days out "Let me get the fight with Kimbo" He responded and laughed, I said no i'm serious, let me get it. He asked what I weighed which was 195 but I told him 210. Also I had lived there and have fought there twice before in Springfield and Branson and had a gym there too, so I had a fan base, and explained I would generate more ticket sales So it just made more sense to put someone in there people know in that town, who can sell tickets and can FIGHT, as opposed to some chump to get ko'd in the first exchange like all of Kimbo's other opponents.

At first the promoter did not want to give me the fight, I pleaded with him to let me have it as I was at the time on a 7-fight win streak in MMA trying to make it to the UFC. I figured having a decent showing against Kimbo Slice in a boxing match (even if i lost didn't hurt my win streak in MMA) would really help me get my name out there. The next day I got a text from the promoter in the morning saying Kimbo's camp had accepted me, a 180-185'er with a 80% win ratio by submission, as an opponent. Then we started negotiating fight purse. (why would they need to pay a 185'er who wins all his fights by SUBMISSION?)They thought I would be easy money and an easy KO.

I'll lay it ALL out there for everyone to see. I told him I wanted 10,000 to fight Kimbo. I can sell a lot of tickets, everyone who knew me would show up to the event, and I will fight my butt off to win and help advance me to the UFC. He said they can't do it, he had a guy willing to come fight him for 1500/1500. But I countered saying he won't sell any tickets. . . We negotiated back and forth, and I (thinking it was more than likely going to be a loss fighting him at HIS strength) negotiated my purse to get the highest 'show purse' instead of a say 5k/5k. We agreed on 4,000 in check, and he give me 3,000 in comp'd tickets which I sold all but like 700.00 of on such short notice.

At the press conference when I first saw Kimbo in the back I said good luck and stuck my hand out to shake his hand. He said 'Yup' and kinda slapped my hand disrespectfully. I felt he needed to be a little more appreciative that he now had a fight instead of not having one at all. I felt disrespected, which is why I got in his face at the press conference stare down, and then even more so at the weigh ins. I was scared to death, but turning that fear into aggression and using him being disrespectful as the way to do that.

Also: I had a fight scheduled on April 13th to avenge my last MMA loss which is a fight that I should have won 9/10 times in front of my entire family. Grandparents and all. I had him in a triangle and he picked me up and slammed me for a KO victory. Needless to say this was the biggest fight I had ever wanted (the rematch) but then the Kimbo fight became an opportunity that I simply COULD NOT PASS UP. I was training for the rematch, so not completely out of shape, but definitely not in shape for a BOXING match.

I dominated the fight, won officially on all 3 judges scorecards 3 rounds to 1, and with 3.3 seconds left, and me completely gassed [which you can see in round 3 I start to show fatigue] Kimbo landed the 3 consecutive punches that ko'd me. Someone with a garbage ringside camera angle put the video on youtube, it reached over a million views in like 2 days, and EVERYONE accused me of taking a dive because it looked like (and i'll agree) that I didn't get hit that hard.

In the fight I received a broken orbital bone, and since I got KO'd I was suspended for 60 days and lost out on the rematch I wanted so badly- to redeem myself in my Hometown where I was from. Also, that I had sold sponsorships to already and tickets to it as well. I HAD to make it to a decision, even if I had lost, I would have only got a 7 day suspension and could still have my rematch.

After people saying I should be banned, I should kill myself, and all kinds of other garbage of how i'm a disgrace to combat sports. I put together this video (the first video i've ever made) to try and prove my innocence to everyone who was talking such GARBAGE to and about me.

Someone can put up the other angle of the youtube video where you can't tell how hard I get hit.

That's what happened, in detail. For those of you interested.
8/18/12 9:51 PM
KZTT_MMAfan55
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't look like a dive to me Phone Post
8/18/12 9:57 PM
mpthief
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has string theory made any recent progress? Phone Post
8/18/12 10:06 PM
Brian Green

Lol... I have nothing to say to the way my head popped back. I was KO'd. I couldn't control the way my head recieved his punches.

In the words of Joe Rogan,
"If you think it's fake, then you are a silly bish"

Someone please tell me, for Kimbo and his camp-- What does it benefit him to pay off a 185'er who wins almost all his fights by submission? When now he's only fighting for a paycheck! Everyone from his camp, and everyone in that arena thought he was going to walk right through me.

His career is over since the UFC. And to LOSE the whole fight, to win a last second KO? What does that do to advance his boxing career? It just doesn't make sense for him to pay me off. NOR did they think they needed to.

One other thing to take note of:
I was WINNING that fight. hands down. IF I had beaten Kimbo in a BOXING MATCH, (his strong suit) it would have flooded the internet. Along with my 7 fight win streak I personally think that would have been enough to get a UFC shot. My chance at winning a $65k bonus. You think that I would have thrown that away, AFTER I HAD THE FIGHT WON?

Let me see any of you take 3 punches after you've fought for 11:57 taking over 100 body shots, along with other bombs on the chin from a 50lb heavier dude KNOWN for KO'ing people.

I COULD HAVE went down off the other shots. The first 3 he puts on my chin in the first round, and nobody would have suspected a dive. You see my body language change from the fatigue compare the first round to the last, or even the 3rd. I stayed in that fight because I have HEART, and I WANTED to WIN.
8/18/12 10:10 PM
mixedmartialmike

Brian Green - Lol... I have nothing to say to the way my head popped back. I was KO'd. I couldn't control the way my head recieved his punches.

In the words of Joe Rogan,
"If you think it's fake, then you are a silly bish"

Someone please tell me, for Kimbo and his camp-- What does it benefit him to pay off a 185'er who wins almost all his fights by submission? When now he's only fighting for a paycheck! Everyone from his camp, and everyone in that arena thought he was going to walk right through me.

His career is over since the UFC. And to LOSE the whole fight, to win a last second KO? What does that do to advance his boxing career? It just doesn't make sense for him to pay me off. NOR did they think they needed to.

One other thing to take note of:
I was WINNING that fight. hands down. IF I had beaten Kimbo in a BOXING MATCH, (his strong suit) it would have flooded the internet. Along with my 7 fight win streak I personally think that would have been enough to get a UFC shot. My chance at winning a $65k bonus. You think that I would have thrown that away, AFTER I HAD THE FIGHT WON?

Let me see any of you take 3 punches after you've fought for 11:57 taking over 100 body shots, along with other bombs on the chin from a 50lb heavier dude KNOWN for KO'ing people.

I COULD HAVE went down off the other shots. The first 3 he puts on my chin in the first round, and nobody would have suspected a dive. You see my body language change from the fatigue compare the first round to the last, or even the 3rd. I stayed in that fight because I have HEART, and I WANTED to WIN.
You don't need to defend yourself dude ignore the morons and trolls. Phone Post
8/18/12 10:15 PM
Brian Green

Winston Wolf - last thing i will say on this is right before the KO you had a big smile on your face and with 3 seconds left and ur exhausted why not clinch or circle away ?

I smiled many different times throughout the fight. As I have in many other fights. . . Look at the huge stiff jab he landed in the 3rd (i think it was) and I smiled then. Dude I can't explain every single body language that I gave him. Why didn't I circle away? That's the million dollar question that would have advanced my career, got me the win, and all you people who hate on me, to MAYBE support me. Who knows. I wish I would have. More than anyone will ever know. When i've watched that fight with friends after I got this copy of the legit angle, I've even said gooooo RUNNNN Circle out, grab him, ANYTHINGGG. I wish I would have. I was exhausted. I guess I had 11:57 in me, and not 12 minutes. If I could take back that 3 seconds TRUST me I would.

I wish my corner would have yelled RUN FROM HIM! Stay AWAY!!! I don't remember it, but seeing it after the fact, that's all I can come up with. I was tired guys. Be a MMA fan all you want, watch 100,000 fights. THAT doesn't mean you've went through a WAR, and drained every last ounce of energy from your body. THEN to take 3 punches from a 250lb'er That will shut out the lights. . .

Why didn't I get ko'd from the hard shots in the first??? Or the 2nd? or the last 2 he lands on me BEFORE the KO? If I were looking for a way out, he gave me plenty before that. But I wasn't. Bottom line. I was in it until I had my consciousness taken away from me from 3 consecutive punches.
8/18/12 10:16 PM
Tyson86
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow you definitely got clipped, nothing shady about that. Sucks you had to take all that shit. It sucks enough to lose the fight, but then to have to deal with that after must make it much worse.

Anyway, goodluck with whatever is next for you!
8/18/12 10:26 PM
Brian Green

and one more thing. . . . If you hadn't done something that you were accused of, and 90% of the internet said that you did, would you not defend yourself?

had I taken a dive, fine. I would shut up and let the hate come. Because it would be deserved. However I did not, and it really sucks that people make these false accusations.

Had I got paid off to lose (which i'm still waiting for an explanation of why Kimbo would even think he would NEED to pay a 185'er SUBMISSION guy) I wouldn't have continued driving around my 1994 Honda Civic I had that I just sold for $1200 right before I moved to Nicaragua 1 month ago.

I didn't take a dive. I never would. ESPECIALLY when I was this close to MAKING IT! And yes I will defend myself when people make false accusations about my integrity. I'm a proud person, and it sucks that there are still people who question it. Oh well, I guess I can't change everyone's mind on it. Those who are half intelligent can see that it is not a fixed fight. I clearly get tired in the 3rd round, and fight for 5 more minutes. Then get knocked with 3 consecutive. Sucks it's with only 3 seconds left. Just call me 'Almost'
8/18/12 10:27 PM
mixedmartialmike

Winston Wolf -
Brian Green - 
Winston Wolf - last thing i will say on this is right before the KO you had a big smile on your face and with 3 seconds left and ur exhausted why not clinch or circle away ?

I smiled many different times throughout the fight. As I have in many other fights. . . Look at the huge stiff jab he landed in the 3rd (i think it was) and I smiled then. Dude I can't explain every single body language that I gave him. Why didn't I circle away? That's the million dollar question that would have advanced my career, got me the win, and all you people who hate on me, to MAYBE support me. Who knows. I wish I would have. More than anyone will ever know. When i've watched that fight with friends after I got this copy of the legit angle, I've even said gooooo RUNNNN Circle out, grab him, ANYTHINGGG. I wish I would have. I was exhausted. I guess I had 11:57 in me, and not 12 minutes. If I could take back that 3 seconds TRUST me I would.

I wish my corner would have yelled RUN FROM HIM! Stay AWAY!!! I don't remember it, but seeing it after the fact, that's all I can come up with. I was tired guys. Be a MMA fan all you want, watch 100,000 fights. THAT doesn't mean you've went through a WAR, and drained every last ounce of energy from your body. THEN to take 3 punches from a 250lb'er That will shut out the lights. . .

Why didn't I get ko'd from the hard shots in the first??? Or the 2nd? or the last 2 he lands on me BEFORE the KO? If I were looking for a way out, he gave me plenty before that. But I wasn't. Bottom line. I was in it until I had my consciousness taken away from me from 3 consecutive punches.

ok ill tell u why and this is playing Devils advocate But like somneone said they wanted to give the fans a show as long as Kimbo was the winner to pad his record .My honst opinion is this video didnt show me anything i didnt see in the first video and didnt change my mind.This is my opinion.Ive been wrong before and will be wrong again Bu my honest opinion is yes I think it was fake .If that makes me hated here so be it.But I cant lie on what I see .But like i said my opinion means nothing but I will always give my honest opnion and let chips fall where they may.If it was a fake fight they wouldnt want it to end quick the fans would be even more pissed off it it was fake and short.
How would winning that way help Kimbos stock? Squeaking by a smaller guy on short notice to win a decision.. Why would they pay for that when it would hurt Kimbo?

You're wrong bud. Phone Post
8/18/12 10:33 PM
Brian Green

Tyson86 - Wow you definitely got clipped, nothing shady about that. Sucks you had to take all that shit. It sucks enough to lose the fight, but then to have to deal with that after must make it much worse.

Anyway, goodluck with whatever is next for you!

You have NO idea.

'Olympic Diver'
Brian 'submarine' Green
'you should be banned for life from anything in MMA/boxing'
'you should kill yourself'
'disgrace to the sport'
'my 3 year old could take harder shots than that'

that's just off the top of my head.

Hands down, by far, the WORST thing that has EVER happened to me. And it's all false accusations. Let me tell ya about how high my self esteem was for the first month. Now I'm somewhat used to it. Still sucks, but it didn't kill me when they were saying that before, I guess it won't now either.
8/18/12 10:34 PM
mixedmartialmike

Winston Wolf -
mixedmartialmike - 
Winston Wolf -
Brian Green - 

ok ill tell u why and this is playing Devils advocate But like somneone said they wanted to give the fans a show as long as Kimbo was the winner to pad his record .My honst opinion is this video didnt show me anything i didnt see in the first video and didnt change my mind.This is my opinion.Ive been wrong before and will be wrong again Bu my honest opinion is yes I think it was fake .If that makes me hated here so be it.But I cant lie on what I see .But like i said my opinion means nothing but I will always give my honest opnion and let chips fall where they may.If it was a fake fight they wouldnt want it to end quick the fans would be even more pissed off it it was fake and short.
How would winning that way help Kimbos stock? Squeaking by a smaller guy on short notice to win a decision.. Why would they pay for that when it would hurt Kimbo?

You're wrong bud. Phone Post

if it was a fix its possible Kimbo took it easy until the KO.It helps Kimbo because it pads his record with a win and its also possible they said go heard which he did to make it an exciting fight but lose which he did
Winning like that wouldn't help him at all.. It didn't help him lol it's not like he's a big boxing success right now cause of this. Phone Post
8/18/12 10:43 PM
Brian Green

LOL @ it's possible Kimbo took it easy until the KO. You've proved your ignorance to me for sure. I tried to address your concern/opinion, but now it's just plain ignorant. Did you watch the video? Do you really think Kimbo is 'taking it easy'in the first round? He was pissed I got in his face at the weigh ins, and called him 'Boy' and he even told the promoter after weigh ins "I'm killin your boy Wes" He came out to try to kill me in the first round, UNTIL i landed the right hand that busted his nose, and changed his whole demeanor for the rest of the fight. Give me a break

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.