UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> is this a good upper body movement??

8/19/12 1:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i pick up a 45 plate and raise it to chest level and then i explode/push it upwards for as many reps as possible..sually i can get in around 25 or so..lately ive been grabbing two 45 plates and doing this movement..i explode as much as possible and it seems to hit my traps and shoulder, chest pretty well..anyone else do this movement??i seen Chuck liddell doing this exact movement back in the day so i figure it has some worth to it..

thoughts??
8/19/12 9:30 PM
gokuryu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds like a push press.
8/20/12 5:53 AM
Leigh
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for what? If you are entering a plate lifting competition, yes it's a great movement. Phone Post
8/20/12 3:05 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I second Leigh's question/statement....Today I saw two skinny (not overly skinny and with SOME muscle tone) kids doing like 50 push ups on the beach (next to this work out area a bunch of my friends and I work out, do rings and muscle ups on etc) 

anywho, one of them goes, "if you can do so many push ups why are you skinny and not SWOLE" 

^^ there's a lesson there hehe
8/20/12 3:07 PM
HERTSWENIP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/20/12 3:08 PM
gokuryu/leigh are correct. Using a barbell would allow you to modify the weight more efficiently without such dramatic jumps in loading.

What are your goals? To look like chuck? to fight like chuck?

Your training goals should dictate your training parameters. If it's either of those two, there are probably better methods.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.