UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Screw it!

8/19/12 12:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
torquemada
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too much complicated info. I'm going to live off of protein shakes, spinach and lean meats. And a couple of cheat meals as needed for my sanity.

In the past week, I've read more contradicting info than I know what to do with.
8/19/12 1:47 PM
shortyjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know the feeling. Everything contradicts everything else.
8/19/12 5:06 PM
Leigh
728 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah but some is very wrong. you need to understand the science behind the info and make up your own mind, not just give up because the spoon feeding isn't simple enough
8/19/12 5:38 PM
TzTinkle
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It doesn't need to be complicated...all that bullshit might make a 5% difference. Eat well, sleep well, train hard. Eating well is not complicated, eat mostly whole unprocessed foods with lots of vegetables and meats.
8/19/12 7:43 PM
torquemada
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know what's generally worked for me, but there's info overload now. Fasting, for example, goes against everything I've ever done. Phone Post
8/19/12 8:50 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your plan sounds about right. There is almost too much information out there, but lifting consistently and eating a lot of protein is all one need do to see gains. Phone Post
8/20/12 9:16 AM
Leigh
728 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a reasonable response, rather than just cutting back on the obsession Phone Post
8/20/12 10:24 AM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you look around you'll find guys that have been successful with low carb, high carb, low fat, high fat, 6 meals a day, intermittent fasting, GOMAD, no dairy, high meat paleo or veganism.

What does that tell you? It all works as long as your body is getting what it needs to meet your goals. Choose something you can sustain as a base way of eating. Add stuff here and there as you read, keep it if it works, chuck it if it doesn't.

Now it's a lot simpler.... ;)
8/20/12 5:41 PM
torquemada

Good responses. Thank you for imput.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.