UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Best strategy for reaching my goal

8/19/12 6:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
daddyfatsacks
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right now I'm 5'10 and 167lbs. I want to lose some fat and put on some muscle (for vanity really).

Should I focus on losing the fat first, then bulking? Or would it be more efficient to bulk up then lose fat?
8/19/12 8:51 PM
shootfighterbull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bulk up then lose fat. Phone Post
8/19/12 9:40 PM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is your current workout, and how long have you been working out?
8/20/12 12:00 AM
daddyfatsacks
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

419 - What is your current workout, and how long have you been working out?

Just the basic compound lifts, Squat, Chest Press, Shoulder Press, Row, and Pull downs. 2 sets of 5, then max out on the last set. I've been doing that for strength maintenance, but have seen an increase in my reps on all my lifts.

I was going to start the 531 Boring but Big routine for bulking.

8/20/12 8:40 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As you know, it's easier for a new lifter to concurrently build muscle and lose fat. You don't sound like a new lifter, so the standard advice is to bulk then cut. Of course, nutrition is important and bulking doesn't require obesity.
8/20/12 7:57 PM
daddyfatsacks

419 - As you know, it's easier for a new lifter to concurrently build muscle and lose fat. You don't sound like a new lifter, so the standard advice is to bulk then cut. Of course, nutrition is important and bulking doesn't require obesity.

Yeah, I'm not trying to do a dirty bulk. Mainly getting my "extra calories" from peanut butter, avocado, and other healthy fats. Plus eating a ton of meat and veggies. Thanks for the advice!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.