UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> What should my weight-lifting/cardio schedule be?

8/20/12 12:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MushroomHead
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How should I divide my weight-lifting and cardio schedule on a weekly basis?

Lately I've been doing weights 3 times a week, and cardio twice a week. Usually something like weights on M-W-Sat, cardio on Tuesday and Thursday, Friday and Sunday being rest days.

I started the year off at nearly 300lbs, and I've lost a lot of weight, but my main goal is primarily to continue losing body fat.

So I was wondering if I should switch it up and be doing cardio 3 times a week and weights 2 times a week.

Thoughts or ideas?
8/20/12 2:51 AM
Flying knee
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diet is the primary concern in fat loss Phone Post
8/20/12 5:50 AM
Leigh
737 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your schedule will be easy to work out - its not like age, genetics, job, family, other sports etc etc etc will make any difference

But as stated, diet for weight loss Phone Post
8/20/12 8:09 AM
MushroomHead
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got my diet down pretty solid already. Phone Post
8/20/12 8:33 AM
Flying knee
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would stick with your current routine. If your numbers are right ie calories in v calories out then you will lose fat. Simple Phone Post
8/20/12 9:05 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The best plan is the one you'll actually follow.
8/20/12 10:28 PM
MushroomHead

RobinHood -
MushroomHead - Got my diet down pretty solid already. Phone Post
Have you reached plateau?

Or are you simply looking to accelerate your efforts? Phone Post
Accelerate efforts.

Just fine-tuning my routine; trying to do all the right things.

"the best plan is one you'll actually follow"

Just to be clear, I'm not just starting out down the right path, I've been focused on diet and exercise this year and have lost 90 pounds.

It's not so much as formulating a plan I'll stick with, that's basically an after-thought at thus point.

Like I mentioned above, its more about fine-tuning and making sure I'm doing the right things. Phone Post
8/22/12 9:30 PM
subjitsu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
8/22/12 10:31 PM
athsportsnutrition
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are you training for? Is it just to lose weight? I'd probably be doing more cardio and less weights but if you already lost 90 pounds why change it? Just for sake of argument I'd do maybe 3-4days of slow steady state cardio (like bike ride,swim,walk/jog at HR 130) for 30-90 mins and get in an all body lift 1 day to keep your strength.
8/23/12 11:31 AM
MushroomHead

I want to keep losing weight but I guess I'd say my goal is to just generally be in better health.

I'm probably only carrying another 20-30 lbs of fat I'd like to get rid of but after shedding so much I'm not really in a huge hurry to do that anymore. Phone Post
8/25/12 5:17 AM
HULC
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vague goals generate vague answers.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.