UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tito Ortiz launches MMA management company

8/20/12 1:55 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Jacob “Tito” Ortiz, who held the Ultimate Fighting Championship light-heavyweight title for three years, has started a sports-management agency in Huntington Beach, Calif.

The launch of Primetime 360 Entertainment & Sports Management Inc. comes about a month after Ortiz was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame. George Prajin, an attorney and longtime friend of Ortiz’, is a partner in the agency, which will seek to represent mixed martial arts fighters as well as other athletes and artists.

Primetime 360 launched with several mixed martial arts fighters as clients, including Brazilian Christiane “Cyborg” Santos, who is about halfway through a one-year suspension handed down by the California State Athletic Commission for using performance-enhancing drugs, and Rob Emerson, who won a bout at the Orange County Fairground last week to improve to 13-10, also is in the cast of The Ultimate Fighter 5.

Read entire article...

In other Tito news, The People's Champion recently appears on FUEL's Roundtable legends, and related a conversation with UFC matchmaker Joe Silva, about how the light heavyweight division was created for him.

Joe Silva: Tito, what is a perfect weight for you?"
Tito: I'm weighing about 215. 205 would be perfect. Cut 10 pounds. Perfect.
Joe Silva: Cool. We're making the weight class 205 then.

Listen to entire podcast...

8/20/12 2:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zed Wayne Zed
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Let me tell you how you're feeling....."

"Uh, okay, but did he take the fight?"
8/20/12 2:10 PM
Sourire
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Tito is the ideal person to have this sort of company. At the end of the day, I think he's a really genuine guy who would look out for a fighter's best interest.

I think that goes a long way, even if he isn't the most eloquent spokesman, etc.

Good for you, Tito.
8/20/12 2:11 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Tito just said he didn't know about managing fighters cuz he hadnt had one since Dana. On the legends round table thing Phone Post
8/20/12 2:13 PM
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know, the UFC might put pressure on fighters to avoid Tito, it wouldn't be the first time they dissed fighters because of their management.

Golden Glory anyone?
8/20/12 2:16 PM
hellride
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tito going the goldenboy route.
8/20/12 2:20 PM
Andy the man

Hope it goes well for him.

I've always liked Tito.

If there was ever a hard worker or a man that deserves success in MMA, then it's him.
8/20/12 2:22 PM
Humphrey

I think this is a great idea for Tito!
8/20/12 2:22 PM
jjj2121

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I thought Tito just said he didn't know about managing fighters cuz he hadnt had one since Dana. On the legends round table thing Phone Post

I'd imagine he's hired people that do know about managing fighters...just like Oscar de la Hoya did.
8/20/12 2:23 PM
jar of flies
802 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you think he'll make this into a reality show and become MMA's Ari Gold?
8/20/12 2:31 PM
12SixElbow
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting choice for Tito.

8/20/12 2:43 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am disappoint he didn't call it Cracked Skull Management Phone Post
8/20/12 2:48 PM
Hikikomori

Lol at mentioning golden glory when the biggest black ball has been Sherri Spencer. Sherri lost gsp and Frankie at the same Damn time. Phone Post
8/20/12 2:54 PM
spliff
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guess ken pavia isn't going to be dana's most hated manger anymore
8/20/12 2:57 PM
Porkchop

spliff -  guess ken pavia isn't going to be dana's most hated manger anymore

8/20/12 3:04 PM
Coolface_Awesomeson

Sounds like Entertainment 720 from 'Parks & Recreations'.
8/20/12 3:06 PM
Farewell Brock
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito really needs to stop making the name for things he is involved in. Peoples champion...prinetine 360....

Awful Phone Post
8/20/12 3:07 PM
BigWilliam
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Given his brilliant history of business and personal decisions who wouldn't trust Tito to run there career...
8/20/12 3:10 PM
ABE FROMAN

Hikikomori -  Lol at mentioning golden glory when the biggest black ball has been Sherri Spencer. Sherri lost gsp and Frankie at the same Damn time. Phone Post

LOL @ turning a valid example into a big dick contest.

UG'ers....
8/20/12 4:19 PM
MichaelMeyers

So....Tito complains about Forrest using TRT, and now wants to manage Cyborg who is just coming off of getting busted for steroids?

Sounds about right for Tito "the ridiculous" Ortiz.
8/20/12 4:45 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about the 2 guys from MTV Caged?

Are they signed? Phone Post
8/20/12 4:54 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My fighter is one of the best light heavyweights of the night. At 131 years old, he comes with a dominating fashion!
Let me tell you how you feelin right now!!

Do we have a deal buddy? Phone Post
8/20/12 5:00 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kewl
8/20/12 5:35 PM
ranier wolfcastle
943 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

does he also manage seraldo babalu?
8/20/12 5:46 PM
BaraoKix

Primetime 360 launched with several mixed martial arts fighters as clients, including Brazilian Christiane “Cyborg” Santos, who is about halfway through a one-year suspension handed down by the California State Athletic Commission for using performance-enhancing drugs, and Rob Emerson, who won a bout at the Orange County Fairground last week to improve to 13-10...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.