UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Aldo: Edgar welcome at FW, so I can send him back

8/20/12 3:22 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In an interview with Tatame, UFC Featherweight champion Jose Aldo discussed the controversial Henderson vs. Edgar decision, and the possibility of Edgar dropping to 145.

“Like he (Edgar) always does, it was a pretty hard fight. I guess they could’ve granted him the win, but who am I to judge? There’re judges there to do that," said Aldo.

“He said he wants to drop to the featherweight so I’m hoping he does that to end this story. He’s welcome here so that we shut him off and he goes to the lightweight or bantamweight classes."

First, Aldo has to defend his title for the fourth time, against Erick Koch at UFC Rio 3, on October 13th.

Read entire article...

8/20/12 3:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pancake Syrup
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would rather see Aldo move up to 155
8/20/12 3:54 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup - I would rather see Aldo move up to 155

Aldo's body seems to fit the 145 division perfectly

He tried getting all beefed up but didn't look as good (Kenny and Hominick fights).

He looks perfect at ~160 pound fighting at 145. (imho of course)
8/20/12 3:57 PM
Farewell Brock
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_LnPninja -

He tried getting all beefed up but didn't look as good (Kenny and Hominick fights).

I heard around the homminick fight that Aldo was starting to have a tough time cutting to 45. It would be interesting if frankie moved down. Lost. Then Aldo moved up and vacated the belt Phone Post
8/20/12 3:59 PM
epwar
582 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmmm, wondering why folks haven't called Aldo cocky like they do Jon Jones for saying less...
8/20/12 3:59 PM
Lobo8

Aldo would win against frankie. He has good takedown defense and hes explosve. Would probably run circles around him all while wipping that leg
8/20/12 4:01 PM
Lobo8

epwar - Hmmmm, wondering why folks haven't called Aldo cocky like they do Jon Jones for saying less...

Honestly their is nothing wrong with being cocky. This is the fight game. The reason people hate jones is because of his personality. Hes a clear cut example of a two face.
8/20/12 4:03 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

Farewell Brock - 
UGCTT_LnPninja -

I heard around the homminick fight that Aldo was starting to have a tough time cutting to 45. It would be interesting if frankie moved down. Lost. Then Aldo moved up and vacated the belt Phone Post

Yep he was bulking up and went too far for the cut.

They got him back to the ~160 he used to fight at and it fits him much better.

You can see it in his pecs and arms from the Mendes fight vs Hominick.
8/20/12 4:23 PM
slugshot331
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - Hmmmm, wondering why folks haven't called Aldo cocky like they do Jon Jones for saying less...

Aldo has never given off that 'fake humbleness' vibe that Jones has. 
8/20/12 4:33 PM
MMALOGIC

Edgar has faced and beaten better fighters than aldo...  while Jose has been fighting 155lb rejects (manny gamburyan, mike brown, hominick, etc..  Frankie has been beating BJ penn, Gray maynard and arguably won that last bendo fight..

jobbers like siver and charles oliviera are running shop at 145... what do you think a guy like frankie would do at that weight class. 
8/20/12 4:36 PM
SickEyeDiaz
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cue the "shit just got real" gif
8/20/12 4:38 PM
UGCTT_LnPninja

MMALOGIC -  Edgar has faced and beaten better fighters than aldo...  while Jose has been fighting 155lb rejects (manny gamburyan, mike brown, hominick, etc..  Frankie has been beating BJ penn, Gray maynard and arguably won that last bendo fight..

jobbers like siver and charles oliviera are running shop at 145... what do you think a guy like frankie would do at that weight class. 

LMAO@ Hominick/Brown and Manny being "rejects"...

They didn't have a prominant 145 weight class back when they fought at 155. They had no other choice to get paid decent money.

Edgar is great, and has a good chance of winning rounds against Aldo, but I would never bet on him to win.
8/20/12 5:08 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo via brutal leg kicks to set up GNP.
8/20/12 5:30 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo would devastate Edgar with leg kicks and then put him away with strikes or a knee. Still would love to watch. Phone Post
8/20/12 6:03 PM
dahosse
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So little respect for Edgar. It's a sad thing. Phone Post
8/20/12 8:01 PM
crumbs

Aldo is from the favelas brah, he don't snitch on anyone.

That simple.
8/20/12 9:15 PM
show no mercy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crumbs - 

Aldo is from the favelas brah, he don't snitch on anyone.

That simple.

this,

and aldo has never faked being a humble guy like jones has. jones basically built up this whole completely false personality, fooling people like you, and then people see through it completely.

people need to get off jones nuts or he wont make weight to get KTFO by hendo
8/20/12 9:45 PM
epic hero

I don't think he's being cocky, probably feels disrespected. Everybody acts like if Edgar goes down he will automatically be champion, like when he's bored with 155 he'll just drop down and be champ at 145.
8/21/12 1:04 AM
Ironclad

dahosse -  So little respect for Edgar. It's a sad thing. Phone Post

8/21/12 1:16 AM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero - Everybody acts like if Edgar goes down he will automatically be champion, like when he's bored with 155 he'll just drop down and be champ at 145.

People act like Frankie will automatically be champ at 145...? Say what?

It's the complete opposite, almost everybody thinks Aldo would destroy Frankie.

I myself think it would be competitive but favor Aldo. Most people think Aldo smashes Edgar though. Nobody thinks Edgar being 145 champ is any sort of given. I'm pretty sure Aldo would be the betting favorite too.
8/21/12 10:25 AM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero - 

I don't think he's being cocky, probably feels disrespected. Everybody acts like if Edgar goes down he will automatically be champion, like when he's bored with 155 he'll just drop down and be champ at 145.

I don't know anybody who's assuming that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.