UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Inverted rows anyone else a fan?

8/21/12 2:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Out To Lunch
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love doing inverted rows. Ben Bruno aticles got me interested in focusing on this exercise. I feel my back better doing this exercise more than traditional rows.

Also these are great for shoulder health.
8/21/12 2:29 PM
Jorx
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES!
8/21/12 2:37 PM
Out To Lunch
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, there awesome!! I eventually want to work up to doing them with one arm.
8/21/12 4:37 PM
athsportsnutrition
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell yeah, Ben Bruno is the shit.
8/22/12 9:43 AM
joemasepoos
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRX or Rings are both great . TRX is good for 1 arm rows because you can easily adjust your body angle as a progression .
8/22/12 9:59 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do them on the bar and rings...amazing stuff
8/22/12 10:32 AM
Out To Lunch

joemasepoos - TRX or Rings are both great . TRX is good for 1 arm rows because you can easily adjust your body angle as a progression .

I have rings. Do you mean that you start out with the rings set high and then lower them as you get stronger?
8/22/12 10:33 AM
Out To Lunch

ArthurKnoqOut - I do them on the bar and rings...amazing stuff

Yes sir!! My shoulders are the healthiest they have been in a long time since I started doing these.
8/22/12 12:49 PM
Out To Lunch

Lloyd gave me my bluename 9/11 Clown Top Team -  I will take a smith machine and set the bar to the 3rd to 5th lowest setting and do them starting on the ground.

I like them but I find myself strugging to move up in reps.

If you are advanced, then I can understand the difficulty in upping the reps. If you have only been doing them awhile keep at it. I felt like I was spinning my wheels with these at first.

One thing I think that helped me was that I do exercises to strengthen my core, which helps with inverted row performance.

We are only as strong as our weakest link.
8/22/12 1:15 PM
Out To Lunch

I also forgot to mention that the angle of pull can effect how you progress with reps. The hardest angle is your body directly under the bar and pulling straight up.

You can make it easier by having more of your body in front of the bar, thus changing the angle and making it easier to pull.

This can be applied regardles off the height of the bar.
8/23/12 7:17 PM
5 o clock shadow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always superset inverted rows with the bench press. I feel that this is a good approach for muscle balance, since the inverted row is pretty much a direct opposite movement to the bench. I also do mine on a smith machine with my legs elevated so I can begin the movement as horizontal as possible.

fos
8/29/12 12:42 PM
BazUK

I do mine on rings with my feet on a bar.

Baz
8/29/12 1:31 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've forgotten to mention that I do them parallel to the ground as well, either on the rings or the bar. And indeed, they are a great counter (especially in supersets) to the push press, bench press, push ups, etc!
9/1/12 5:49 AM
CDarwin
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do them in TRX bands with a 25 kg sandbag on my chest. When I can't do any more I just drop it off and continue without it.

9/1/12 11:12 AM
ultimatestreetfighter

if done right, inverted rows are TOUGH.

if you are doign them with 25 kg on your chest, chances are that your form is off.
9/1/12 11:31 AM
CDarwin
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is that? Why would they be any harder than say chin ups and pull ups where you have your entire body weight to pull with your back and arms. People do them weighted too...
9/2/12 11:03 AM
ChrisBeyondStrength

They can be done with external load... Weight vest, sand bag, chains, bands, etc.

^^ absolutely easier than weighted pull-ups...

Try and place a sandbag across your waist and combo a glute bridge with the inverted row... This is a bent leg variation, but definitely an ass kicker. Phone Post
9/2/12 11:51 AM
CDarwin

And one reason to do them weighted is if you prefer doing sets in the 4-6 rep range. Pretty much the same as with pushups. People go one arm or weighted to keep the max rep down.
9/2/12 9:29 PM
PTM2020
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/02/12 9:29 PM

ive added this to my routine and am lovin it
9/2/12 9:48 PM
PTM2020
869 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

btw.

any links to the Ben Bruno articles mentioned?
9/3/12 10:44 PM
Authority Figure

Jorx - YES!

9/4/12 4:29 AM
molsonman
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BazUK - I do mine on rings with my feet on a bar.

Baz

I do mine on rings with my feet in rings that have razor blades and fire.

Mol
9/4/12 6:53 AM
CDarwin

Lol Phone Post
9/6/12 4:23 AM
LiveFromThe7x7

Forgot about these. Good call. Doing them tomorrow. Phone Post
9/6/12 8:59 AM
Authority Figure

Out To Lunch - I also forgot to mention that the angle of pull can effect how you progress with reps. The hardest angle is your body directly under the bar and pulling straight up.

You can make it easier by having more of your body in front of the bar, thus changing the angle and making it easier to pull.

This can be applied regardles off the height of the bar.

This was helpful. I enjoy them, but I was always puzzled as to how such a simple looking exercise was so difficult to execute for several reps. lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.