UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Any game recommendations?

8/21/12 3:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mencken
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm kind of itching for a new game.  I like RPG style games.  I've recently played Dark Souls, Witcher 2 and Skyrim.  I also hamered through GoW3, Mass Effect, etc.  All Assassin's Creeds are done too, and same with Arkham City

Any suggestions for great games that I'm missing?
8/21/12 3:26 PM
odennis
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fall out 3?
8/21/12 3:40 PM
TruthAboveAll
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel ya. After playing dark souls I haven't found a game that really drew me in. Witcher 2 and skyrim were good but felt flawed a bit. Companies need to start making better games. Phone Post
8/21/12 3:53 PM
Mencken
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess it's what you play first.  Of Dark Souls, Witcher and Skyrim, I thought DS was the worst....but also the one I played third.  I'm big into story though, and though the minimalist style was neat, the story was only ok.
8/21/12 3:54 PM
Mencken

Yah, I've considered Fallout 3...I've actually never played the Fallout series.  The impression I have is it's an FPS/RPG style game like Mass Effect.  Is that correct?
8/21/12 3:58 PM
odennis
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mencken -  Yah, I've considered Fallout 3...I've actually never played the Fallout series.  The impression I have is it's an FPS/RPG style game like Mass Effect.  Is that correct?

I dont know that I'd say like Mass Effect but consider a FPS(sort of) post apocalyptic skyrim.

The reason I say sort of with the FPS is because the combat can be done in a combat system called VATS where they turn the gun play into sort of a turn based RPG. Its hard to describe and I'm not really doing it justice but its an amazing RPG.
8/21/12 4:04 PM
Mencken

Interesting, sounds good
8/21/12 4:19 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
513 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fallout games for sure. Either NV or 3 will do. I prefer them to elder scrolls personally. Phone Post
8/21/12 4:22 PM
Mencken

What genre do you normally prefer?  I tend to prefer medieval/magic to sci fi/space.  
8/21/12 4:36 PM
513 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm usually more into futuristic kinda stuff. As far as medieval/magic stuff goes I cant really think of any newer games that you havent already listed in the op tbh. But Fallout and Deus Ex are both great sci fi type RPG's.
8/21/12 10:09 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New Vegas would be ideal. Phone Post
8/23/12 12:05 PM

Just this second remembered Dragons Dogma Phone Post
8/24/12 8:56 AM
beanouno
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about Borderlands if you like fallout?
8/24/12 8:59 AM
FLMikeATT

Dragon Age Origins (get Ultimate edition with all the DLC included) might be the best RPG of this generation.

It's made by Bioware and features the same pause scroll wheel that Mass Effect uses.

Great game. I'm on my 3rd playthrough right now, and I know some people who have played through it 5+ times.
8/24/12 9:14 AM
gord96
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

New Vegas is excellent. Really enjoyed that game. Phone Post
8/24/12 11:40 AM
Mencken

Did I fuck up by getting Fallout 3 GOTY Edition and not NV?  It's good so far, though Skyrim hooked me much more readily.  The fighting in Fallout is pretty boring
8/24/12 11:47 AM
Mencken

Also, should I play Dragon Age Origins before playing Dragon Age 2?  I'm not obsessed with graphics, but games that look really dated aren't quite as appealing
8/24/12 12:19 PM
FLMikeATT

Yes, play DAO before DA2.

DAO is much better than DA2.
8/24/12 12:20 PM

Mencken - Did I fuck up by getting Fallout 3 GOTY Edition and not NV?  It's good so far, though Skyrim hooked me much more readily.  The fighting in Fallout is pretty boring
Theyre both equally good imo Phone Post
8/24/12 3:28 PM
PrettyCoolGuy
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had completed Origins and Awakening before 2 was released. One of my favourite games ever too.

My brother got DA2, and loved it... I got him to play DAO and he said DA2 was shit in comparison.

In total - both good games, but the first stomps the 2nd.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.