UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cris Cyborg removed from SF show by CSAC

8/22/12 7:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RLL
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate -
JediJitsu - 
man meets fate -
Nick Fury - Cyborg annoys the fuck out of me.

and ronda doesnt? That girl talks shit in her sleep, that mouth goes on 24/7, her legs are probably open 24/7 also
Surely this bullshit is a ban. Any mods on duty? Phone Post

i shouldnt be banned for saying whay honda stated.

Everyonr knows her mouth never closes and she couldnt stop if her and her familys life depended on it.

Also she admitted herself when olumpics comes around she has random sex with every guy she lays her eyes on, she said it not me.
Provide the quote? ... That's what I thought. Ban. Phone Post
8/22/12 7:50 PM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate - 
JediJitsu - 
man meets fate -

and ronda doesnt? That girl talks shit in her sleep, that mouth goes on 24/7, her legs are probably open 24/7 also

Everyonr knows her mouth never closes and she couldnt stop if her and her familys life depended on it.

Also she admitted herself when olumpics comes around she has random sex with every guy she lays her eyes on, she said it not me.

Ya bro. Calling her sex life out has no relevancy here. Who the fuck cares about that shit. This is an mma board.
8/22/12 8:13 PM
man meets fate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/22/12 8:14 PM
cheesesteak - 
man meets fate - 
JediJitsu - 
man meets fate -

Ya bro. Calling her sex life out has no relevancy here. Who the fuck cares about that shit. This is an mma board.

Im sure there was a thread about it, hell there is a thread everytime says a word.
8/22/12 9:55 PM
SleepItOff
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tbi0904 - 
CageSide - 
SleepItOff - CageSide:

If you knew who tbi0904 is, you would not be so glib.

(Hint: Next time you are in Oregon, feel free to say hello to him.)

if he is who you are leading me to believe, then what was said makes even less sense. i doubt very much that any agent of the NSAC limited his access to beyond six rows, and not allowed him in a locker room. that cant be true. mike tyson has had ringside access, and he didnt need the permission of the NSAC to do it, he had the credential that the promotion provided him.

my point is that there is no commission rule or "law", NV or CA, that prohibits fighters under suspension from sitting closer than six rows from ringside, or access to the locker room. if there is, i would like to see the statute and will eat crow gladly.

Here is where I'm getting this from:
http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nac/NAC-467.html#NAC467Sec895

I'll reiterate I don't know if California has the same set of rules that Nevada does but it might be the reason why.

I don't live in Oregon so I'm not sure who some of you think I am. I'm not sure I know who I am...

Thank you, Steven
8/22/12 9:58 PM
JimmersonzGlove
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CSAC is a total fucking joke right now. They have way better fish to fry than this.
8/22/12 10:08 PM
JimmersonzGlove
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Humphrey - this is interesting seeing how nick diaz CORNERED nate while he was suspended.

My guess is different state?
8/22/12 11:24 PM
RangerDanger
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

subwrassler - I wish she'd stop saying she's the Champion
Agreed Phone Post
8/22/12 11:27 PM
Humphrey

JimmersonzGlove - 
Humphrey - this is interesting seeing how nick diaz CORNERED nate while he was suspended.

come to think of it, i think it was nevada that it happened

ridiculous to remove her regardless
8/22/12 11:47 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JimmersonzGlove -

That's what I think too. I brought up the sherk thing, but maybe that wasn't California either. Phone Post
8/23/12 3:38 AM
time traveling 12er
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey people, here's the breakdown since people still seem to be getting all butthurt at various organizations.

Did the CSAC remove Cyborg?
Answer: No Zuffa did.

Why did they do that?
Answer: Because apparently they were afraid that the CSAC would freak out about her being too close to the ring.

Is there actually a rule?
Answer: No one has been able to find one specifically for the CSAC, but there are similar rules for the NSAC so it stands to reason there might be one for California.

Shouldn't they have known before the fight and not removed her during the event?
Answer: She was given tickets by SF further back in the safe area. Someone else gave her tickets closer for publicity purposes so she moved up, positioning her by the aisle so she could take pics with fans. There's a decent chance that had she not been drawing so much attention to herself they would have never noticed her seat change.

But X fighter was suspended and he was allowed ringside, what gives?
Answer: It's up to the promoters and the athletic commissions to enact the rules. One fighter getting away with it doesn't make it ok for everyone else. I'm guessing X fighter didn't have a beef with someone fighting that night, and had not challenged one of the other fighters to a fight outside in the parking lot. Also given SF's history with fighters showing up and causing problems on fight nights they're not fighting in, you could understand their apprehension.

I hope that helps heal some butts around here.
8/23/12 6:33 PM
shoman
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shomanart.com, Artist. TapouT Radio
time traveling 12er - Hey people, here's the breakdown since people still seem to be getting all butthurt at various organizations.

Did the CSAC remove Cyborg?
Answer: No Zuffa did.

Why did they do that?
Answer: Because apparently they were afraid that the CSAC would freak out about her being too close to the ring.

Is there actually a rule?
Answer: No one has been able to find one specifically for the CSAC, but there are similar rules for the NSAC so it stands to reason there might be one for California.

Shouldn't they have known before the fight and not removed her during the event?
Answer: She was given tickets by SF further back in the safe area. Someone else gave her tickets closer for publicity purposes so she moved up, positioning her by the aisle so she could take pics with fans. There's a decent chance that had she not been drawing so much attention to herself they would have never noticed her seat change.

But X fighter was suspended and he was allowed ringside, what gives?
Answer: It's up to the promoters and the athletic commissions to enact the rules. One fighter getting away with it doesn't make it ok for everyone else. I'm guessing X fighter didn't have a beef with someone fighting that night, and had not challenged one of the other fighters to a fight outside in the parking lot. Also given SF's history with fighters showing up and causing problems on fight nights they're not fighting in, you could understand their apprehension.

I hope that helps heal some butts around here.

my 1st hand account of this that i posted on page 2 went completely unnoticed as will your post. no one reads here. they just vomit garbage.

THREAD TITLE IS WRONG! ZUFFA REMOVED CYBORG FROM RINGSIDE. NICELY THEY TOLD HER TO GO BACK TO THE SEATS SHE WAS ORIGINALLY GIVEN BY THEM.
8/24/12 7:38 PM
SBogar
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was there when this happened and Cyborg was treated very nicely by the Zuffa staff member. My friend gave Cyborg and Kim the floor tickets and she hung out with our group. She was asked very nicely to move by a Zuffa employee away from fans or anyone that would know what was going on. My friend was very nice during this whole process.
8/24/12 7:47 PM
Says Who

How many of you see Chael as a cheater, etc., etc.?? Phone Post
8/25/12 10:20 AM
Dirty_Boxer
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Says Who -  How many of you see Chael as a cheater, etc., etc.?? Phone Post

Hopefully no one. He has a medical condition ffs.

This thread really jumps around a lot :)
8/25/12 11:07 AM
BigEyedFish

lol @ the white knights

There are dozens of MMA fighters that have been popped for steroids.  Ive never seen 1/10th the outcry about them as there has been for Cyborg.  Not even close.  The reason?  These internet fags thing RR will see the posts and be their girlfriend.  Gay 
8/25/12 1:00 PM
time traveling 12er
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Othello - 
shoman - my 1st hand account of this that i posted on page 2 went completely unnoticed as will your post. no one reads here. they just vomit garbage.

THREAD TITLE IS WRONG! ZUFFA REMOVED CYBORG FROM RINGSIDE. NICELY THEY TOLD HER TO GO BACK TO THE SEATS SHE WAS ORIGINALLY GIVEN BY THEM.

Why should we let the facts get in the way of our witch hunts?

Yeah unfortunately that's the reality of modern discourse. Everyone basically walks into a story like this, see's what aspects support their pre-existing opinions, and disregard the rest. The truth isn't very important.
8/25/12 1:31 PM
RLL
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigEyedFish - lol @ the white knights

There are dozens of MMA fighters that have been popped for steroids.  Ive never seen 1/10th the outcry about them as there has been for Cyborg.  Not even close.  The reason?  These internet fags thing RR will see the posts and be their girlfriend.  Gay 
Dozens of women mma fighters? If you cant tell the differences between a woman and man, especially on steriods... then you have no right calling others fags. Phone Post
8/25/12 2:15 PM
Steve4192
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/25/12 2:15 PM
RLL - 
BigEyedFish - lol @ the white knights

Dozens of women mma fighters? If you cant tell the differences between a woman and man, especially on steriods... then you have no right calling others fags. Phone Post

Carina Damm is one I can think of off the top of my head.

No one gives a shit about her using steroids though since she is attractive.

Pretty girls can get away with using steroids. 

Ugly chicks will be drawn-and-quartered in the court of public opinion.

8/25/12 2:24 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Underground Blog - 

Cris Cyborg removed from SF show by CSAC

[tatame.com]

Cris Cyborg was asked to leave Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman, by the CSAC, because she is suspended for testing positive for PEDs until December.

“I watched all fights but on the last one, Ronda’s, a woman working on the event came to tell me I had to leave because the commission doesn’t accept suspended athletes on the shows. My manager talked to the guys at the commission and there’s really a law that says that. I was upset for the way they treated me. They could’ve pulled me on a corner and told me, not in front of the fans. I was taking pictures and they interrupted me, saying I had to go. It was very disrespectful. I believe a champion deserves to be treated with respect. Everyone knows an athlete’s life isn’t easy, so all fighters deserve respect. When I was in Brazil I watched UFC and there was no problem."

“I watched it from upstairs, standing up. I thought she did a great job fighting, had a good performance. She’s a great athlete on her division. This is my last interview on which I’m talking about her. I’m making clear to the fans who want to see this fight that if it’s up to me and her it will never happen because I’m not dropping to her weight class and she can’t gain few pounds to fight me. So I’m only talking about her again if I sign a contract because then it will be a fight that will actually happen. It doesn’t depend on me, it’s up to Strikeforce to decide. If they want this fight they will have to come to an agreement so that both of us are happy."

Read entire article...

I read that in Wanderlei Silvas voice for some reason

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.