UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Documenting my weight cut

8/21/12 10:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/21/12 10:38 PM

https://www.facebook.com/notes/brandon-sequoyah-sandford/documenting-a-weight-cut/433593406684848

I can't post the entire thing here because it's too long but check the link out and let me know if it works.

Tips and suggestions are welcome. :)
8/22/12 4:40 AM
Leigh
735 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
8/22/12 11:42 AM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will try to post it in halves I hope this works. I know it's a long read.

7/9/12 weight: 166.6lbs

8/10/12 Weight: 152.6

I edited this and restarted it at the two week mark because realistically thats when the real cut begins. Today is exactly two weeks from weigh ins.

I have decided to document a weight cut because alot of people ask me what I do as far as diet goes and what types of food I eat. Also I think it will help alot of people who want to know what to do. This is my method, each person's body is different this method has worked very well for me.

My fight is August 25th so I have 2 weeks to make a catch weight of 140. I am gonna diet most of the weight off. I should wake up at weight the day of weigh ins. If it were 135 I would diet down to 142-141 and cut water to 135. I do not want to cut more than 5lbs in water I find that it dehydrates my brain and leaves me feeling like crap. Also it's hard to fully rehydrate when that happens.

Friday-8/10/12 Weight:152.6

I have 12.6lbs to lose in the next two weeks, pretty easy. I ate alot of stuff today: cashews, special k snack bars, fruit, a wrap, protein shakes. I will probably wake up around 153.5ish hopefully. I splurged some what today in anticipation of a MMA Boot camp that I must attend tomorrow. I am gonna graze tomorrow, just shakes and light snacks on veggies. I hope to wake up Sunday at 152 or under.

Saturday-8/11/12 Weight: 154.5

As I anticipated I woke up a little heavy. I didn't really restrict my diet today either, I ate mainly shakes and at the MMA boot camp I had a sandwich and some veggie chips and some dried fruit. At night I ate a large salad with chicken and snacked on cantaloupe. This put a bit of weight on because it was late at night. My calorie intake for today was a bit higher than normal because I wanted to have good energy and help my body recover.

Sunday-8/12/12 Weight 155.5

After today I should start losing roughly a pound a day. That's the goal. Today I am keeping all my meals liquid just protein shakes. I need to up my fiber so I can help keep my digestive tract going. But I should lose some weight today, I am gonna go for a run later given today is supposed to be my day off.

Breakfast: 1-protein smoothie (1/4 banana, handful of blueberries, 1 lrg strawberry, 3 small chunks of cantaloupe, 2 scoops of protein.
I cheated a little bit today I had a subway sub. Some honey roasted nuts and a protein bar. Then at night I had a small ice cream cone.

Monday-8-13-12 Weight 155.5

Breakfast: 1-protein smoothie
Lunch: Salad and 2 boiled eggs.
Dinner: Protein shake, 1 piece of Tilapia and homemade guacamole.

Tuesday 8-14-12 Weight: 153.2

Breakfast: 1-protein smoothie
Lunch: Protein shake, Salad, 2 boiled eggs. (had a few pretzels with peanut butter in them)
Dinner: Protein shake, 1 fish wrap w/ homemade guacamole: all low cal and carb.

I will be gradually cutting back my fruit intake to reduce the amount of carbs and sugars that I am in taking. I have been putting soy milk in my protein shakes along with water for this week. I am gonna see what my weight is like this week end and that will determine if I cut out fruit all together and eat eggs and vegetables instead. I hope to be around 8lbs away Sunday morning.

Wednesday 8-15-12 Weight 152.2

Breakfast: 1- Shake not as much fruit in it.
1 small bowl of cream of wheat, I don't usually eat this stuff but my girl didn't want it and I didn't want to waste it since I made it for her.
Lunch: half of a small English cucumber
3-boiled egg whites
half of a nectarine
Dinner: A cup or two of chicken breast.
1/2 cup of avocado.
1 cup of grapes.
1 carb master yogurt.

Ate just a little more than I anticipated due to my girl buying a rotisserie chicken. After practice I was 9lbs away. I will start water loading this weekend in the event I have to actually cut water for this weigh in. I am thinking I will be able to diet all of this weight off. I will wake up around 10 or 11lbs tomorrow.

Thursday 8-16-12 Weight: 151.0

Didn't do as much cardio as normal today so I didn't lose as much weight throughout the day as I normally do. So I probably won't lose any weight overnight, might even be slightly heavier we will see.

Tomorrow I will start my hard dieting. Protein shakes with no fruit blended in it. I will probably drop off my fruit in take almost completely. I will be eating primarily vegetables, boiled eggs, and some low carb yogurts (until tues).

Breakfast: 1 protein smoothie (w/ a carb master yogurt in it)
Lunch: 2 carb masters, 3 boiled eggs, cup or so of grapes
Dinner: Full salad with chicken, and veggies. Ate a little more chicken than I intended, damn rotisserie, some grapes,1 serving of pastrami
Had a couple of handfuls of roasted peanuts too. :/ lol
8/22/12 11:42 AM
Sequoyah Sandford

Friday 8-17-12 Weight: 152.6

Woke up a little heavy as expected. I will wake up around 151 tomorrow morning going to bed around 152.8 so weight is good. I have a hard session ahead of me tomorrow so I will probably be around 10lbs out Sunday morning. I think I will end up having around 4lbs to cut, maybe less.

Breakfast: 1 shake w/ just water. 1 carb master yogurt.
Lunch: 1 salad (w/ cucumbers, green pepper, 1 tbs of avocado, tomato, broccoli, 2 oz of rinsed canned chicken, lemon juice, and 2 tbs of light ranch) Just so you know what my salad consists of.

Dinner: 1 shake, 1 carb master, 1oz of chicken.

Saturday 8-18-12 Weight 151.0

Woke up at a good weight. Had a hard training session that put me down to 9.5 lbs out. I have to really watch my diet this weekend so I don't gain too much weight since I am not working out as much on these days. I am hoping to be around 9 or so on Monday morning.

Breakfast: 1 protein shake, 1 carb master
Lunch: 1- small cucumber, 6 slices of squash, 3/4 of a white peach.
Dinner: Full salad, 1 Tilapia wrap. Ate a small amount of cheese with this. 1 carb master. 2 worthers candies for morale. :)

Sunday 8-19-12 Weight 151.0

Weight is gonna start coming off this week due to hard dieting and cardio. It's the final phase of the cut.

Breakfast: 1 shake, 6 grapes.
Lunch: 2 slimjims
Dinner: 6 slices of squash, 1 small cucumber, 1 carbmaster

Monday 8-20-12 Weight: 150.2

10lbs out not too bad. I have to lose at least 5 by Friday morning. I will be eating vary little this week. I did kinda cheat today because my energy was exceptionally low. I sodium loaded Saturday and Sunday. I start distilled tomorrow so this is when I start messing with my water. I will be drinking a gallon of distilled Tues, weds, and a half gal or so Thurs. This will push all of the regular water out of me and allow me to lose a good amount of water weight. I hope to wake up under ten but I have a feeling I will still be 10 because of the amount of sodium I ate today.

Breakfast: 1 cucumber, 1 cup of grapes.
Lunch: 2 small tomatoes, 1 small cucumber, 1/2 C of grapes, 1 yogurt protein bar, 2 .oz of chicken, a few apple slices, 1 small pack of roasted pecans, 3 slices of peaches.

Dinner: 2 pieces of beef jerky.

Tuesday 8-21-12 Weight 148.8

Went to bed at 152.8, lost 4lbs over night. Today was pretty good energy levels weren't too bad. I started distilled water today and I will be starting dandelion root and senna tonight before I go to bed as usual. Goal weight for tomorrow morning is to be around 147, 147.5

Breakfast: 1 carb master, 1/2 of cucumber, 1 rip it. (I don't usually drink these due to sodium content but I wanted a little extra boost today)

Lunch: 2 boiled egg whites, 1 small tomato, 1/2 of small cucumber.
Dinner: 1 boiled egg white, 1 small tomato.
8/22/12 12:44 PM
Leigh
735 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your numbers are almost identical to mine but you strayed from your plan. The second to last week is a killer cos its your hardest week of training but you start to make weight.

I have done 10lbs in the last 5 days by diet alone but it wrecks my stomach. You'll need to cut water, as you have realised Phone Post
8/22/12 5:09 PM
Sequoyah Sandford

Leigh - Your numbers are almost identical to mine but you strayed from your plan. The second to last week is a killer cos its your hardest week of training but you start to make weight.

I have done 10lbs in the last 5 days by diet alone but it wrecks my stomach. You'll need to cut water, as you have realised Phone Post
I know I am looking like a 3-4lb cut. Just gonna do it by hot bath and sauna. Ill wake up around 6.5 tomorrow. Phone Post
8/23/12 8:32 PM
Sequoyah Sandford

I have 2.5 to go weigh ins are tomorrow evening. Phone Post
8/24/12 2:28 AM
Leigh

That was simple - have you cut any water yet? Phone Post
8/24/12 6:13 PM
Sequoyah Sandford

I woke up at 140.4 and floated the rest. Easy. Phone Post
8/24/12 6:37 PM
Leigh

Perfect :)

Good luck Phone Post
8/25/12 5:56 AM
Sequoyah Sandford

Leigh - Perfect :)

Good luck Phone Post
Thanks man. I have another fight in 3 weeks scheduled as well. But i am ready for this one i put in one hell of a camp. Phone Post
8/27/12 1:38 AM
Sequoyah Sandford

Won in 16 seconds. Koed him with a hard right he woke back up when he hit the ground. I took his back and bar choked him. Phone Post
8/27/12 2:03 AM
Leigh

Congrats :D Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.