UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Next UFC div either 115 or Women's

8/21/12 11:25 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1075 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Once, there were no rules, and no weight divisions. Now, MMA is the world's fastest growing sport, and the next weight division may be female.

UFC President Dana White believes the organization will soon add one more division to its ranks, and he's comfortable stating that it won't be super heavyweight.

And while White has previously stated he believes that new division will most likely be at 115 pounds, the UFC boss now says the continued success of Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey has him second-guessing his stance on women's MMA.

"I am warming up to women's MMA," White said on Tuesday during a Metro PCS-hosted fan chat.

Just as he did on Saturday night, White made it a point to note that not only is Rousey currently carrying the torch for women's MMA, but fighters like Miesha Tate, who engaged in a thrilling three-round fight with Julie Kedzie on the evening's preliminary card, are also helping to reshape his opinion of women's MMA

White stated on Tuesday that the UFC would likely add one more division to its ranks before shutting down the growth of its weightclasses. And while the UFC boss has previously claimed that would likely be at 115 pounds, he gave pause when asked if 115-pounders or women were most likely to get the final nod.

"Either," White said.

Read entire article...

8/21/12 11:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Florian vs. Faber for the 115 lb belt! Phone Post
8/21/12 11:31 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

115 are you shitting me?
UGCTT_JediMMA
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here we go with the alpha males on UG questioning their manhood.

Ready. Set. GO! Phone Post
Clarence Parents
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori -  Florian vs. Faber for the 115 lb belt! Phone Post

lol
8/21/12 11:32 PM
UGCTT_JediMMA
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PR - 115 are you shitting me?
That's it! Good start!

Tell everyone how men can't possibly weigh 115!!!

Get em son! Phone Post
8/21/12 11:33 PM
REALLYBIGRHINO

The weight class should be called "Jockyweight".
8/21/12 11:33 PM
Ornoku
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They need to focus on signing as many top prospects they can get in they're current weight classes instead of worrying about adding more.
8/21/12 11:34 PM
UGCTT_JediMMA

Ornoku - They need to focus on signing as many top prospects they can get in they're current weight classes instead of worrying about adding more.
I guess doing both at the same time is too much for Zuffa to handle. Phone Post
8/21/12 11:39 PM
Tap In
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not stoked about the future of the ucf
8/21/12 11:42 PM
UGCTT_JediMMA

MMAfanWA - 115? Is that even possible? Phone Post
No it's not. They arent men if they don't weigh ATLEAST 190.

All the little guys in Asia aren't real. They don't exist cause they aren't MEN

-your alpha dog companion Phone Post
8/21/12 11:43 PM
SinCityHustler

What a shame.  The 125 class is so thin, yet they want to add another weight class?  

This really comes down to having another belt to headline PPV events with.  

The simple answer is DO NOT buy PPVs if they are going to continue to cram poor line ups down our throats and pass them off as compelling given that a belt is at stake.  From a previous big UFc supporter, the direction the UFC has headed in is very disappointing.  I can see it now, the 115 pound title up for grabs as the main event, with the co main beinga couple of TUFers battling for nothing more than a meaningless bout.  Perhaps throw in a women's match in there as well and your line up is about set.  Great...
8/21/12 11:44 PM
UGCTT_JediMMA

Tap In -  Not stoked about the future of the ucf
Yeah. Fuck women or all the talented little guys in Asia who probably have more talent in their pinky finger than you have in your entire body.

Real men don't weigh 115! Phone Post
8/21/12 11:45 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_JediMMA - 
That's it! Good start!

Get em son! Phone Post

It's not that, it's the watering down of the different weight classes, and the UFCs. Already the sub-155's are thin as fuck.

Anyway, I have nothing against the 115'ers. Hell, I used to be 115 myself, in grade 8.
8/21/12 11:45 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Fuxk Dana. Let's Just get it over with and add women. What te fuck are u waiting for. Ronda would outdraw almost every fighter in the UFC at this point. Phone Post
8/21/12 11:50 PM
UGCTT_JediMMA

PR -
UGCTT_JediMMA - 
That's it! Good start!

Get em son! Phone Post

It's not that, it's the watering down of the different weight classes, and the UFCs. Already the sub-155's are thin as fuck.

Anyway, I have nothing against the 115'ers. Hell, I used to be 115 myself, in grade 8.
Yeah. Macho American! 115 at grade 8.

Fuck the Asian market that's probably loaded with super talented fighters not being able to make the money or get recognition they deserve for the hard work they put in at the gym because of close minded people.

Can we bring MMA prominence back to Japan please? Where people appreciate all fighters no matter what size or nationality? Phone Post
8/21/12 11:51 PM
Canario
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrestling World Championships used to have 103 and 115 pound weight classes and they were outstanding.
8/21/12 11:52 PM
PR

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -  Fuxk Dana. Let's Just get it over with and add women. What te fuck are u waiting for. Ronda would outdraw almost every fighter in the UFC at this point. Phone Post

I think Dana is right in that the women's div isnt deep enough yet.

I still think he should do a female TUF leading into the two finalists fighting on a UFC PPV card for the first ever women's UFC fight.
8/22/12 12:06 AM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris

do a female tuf ,to ntroduce the weght class
8/22/12 12:30 AM
Mihow
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

womens division sounds good
8/22/12 12:32 AM
PowdercoatKing

I hate it when people say Women's MMA isn't "deep enough". The bantamweight and Featherweight divisions are? Phone Post
8/22/12 12:35 AM
FingerorMoon
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely should go with the womens division.

Maybe even make it 140 to ensure some of the bigger chicks like Cyborg can make the division and ensure there is enough total talent in it overall.

And then White can have his Rousey vs Cyborg UFC main event like he mentioned.
8/22/12 12:36 AM
REALLYBIGRHINO

PowdercoatKing -  I hate it when people say Women's MMA isn't "deep enough". The bantamweight and Featherweight divisions are? Phone Post

Are you stupid or retarded? Are you really trying to compare the talent deepness of featherweight males versus females?

hahahahaha
8/22/12 12:41 AM
REALLYBIGRHINO

Look at all the grappling tournaments and check out the women division, they are always super small. The biggest divisions (with the most competitors) are around 145 through 180 for Males.
8/22/12 12:43 AM
libertines24
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

115 seems to be next. Strikeforce wont go under with Rousey, and UFC won't make a woman's division without her.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.