UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> I think WoW & Portal have ruined gaming for me...

8/22/12 10:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously, can't seem to get into anything anymore. Bought a bunch of stuff on the last steam sale, a lot of titles highly recommended by friends but so far nothing has "hooked" me. They're all just kinda "meh".

Done with WoW, past it's prime some time ago, Portal doesn't have much replay value imo.

There has to be some awesome game(s) out there I'm missing.
8/22/12 10:48 AM
PrettyCoolGuy
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

try a more linear story driven game, they're great fun. I recently played through Dead Space, very linear but it's nice to enjoy a story and play through a game rather then have an open world sometimes.

Have you tried Walking Dead or Heavy Rain? They're pretty good too. Maybe you should be trying different genres because you're just bored of the same types of game.
8/22/12 11:43 AM
BigWilliam
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What have you played before? What do you like in a game? If you never played Bioshock I would say that is a great choice. Maybe something with more of a sense of humor like Borderlands? Batman Arkham City? There are tons of games, you need to narrow down what kind of game you enjoy to get good suggestions.
8/22/12 11:55 AM
Mako_
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1armedScissor - Seriously, can't seem to get into anything anymore. Bought a bunch of stuff on the last steam sale, a lot of titles highly recommended by friends but so far nothing has "hooked" me. They're all just kinda "meh".

Done with WoW, past it's prime some time ago, Portal doesn't have much replay value imo.

There has to be some awesome game(s) out there I'm missing.

I feel the exact way. I can't even get into fps games anymore. The only thing recently that has held my attention is Rocksmith, but it's not really a game in the traditional sense.
8/22/12 12:40 PM
Jeremy Fisher
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've really been enjoying the xbox live arcade games.  Mainly, Bastion, Dust: An Elysian Tale and Wreckateers.  Geometry Wars 2: Evolved is addicting as hell.  They aren't overly long, have variations of difficulty, beautiful art & music, and can be witty.  Plus, they are simple as hell to play.
8/22/12 12:45 PM
dangerboy12
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sports or racing games can be a nice change up.
8/22/12 1:48 PM
jcblass
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FALLOUT 3 NEW VEGAS

8/22/12 2:08 PM
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Already done with Skyrim, The Fallouts. I picked up GTA 4 but its pretty 'meh'. I'm currently playing Torchlight (meh), and Walking Dead (okay).

I'm waiting for the next revolutionary game, something totally different.
8/22/12 4:14 PM
jonbonesjovi

Minecraft Phone Post
8/23/12 11:19 AM
paluka

DotA
8/23/12 11:33 AM
Brandable
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1armedScissor - Already done with Skyrim, The Fallouts. I picked up GTA 4 but its pretty 'meh'. I'm currently playing Torchlight (meh), and Walking Dead (okay).

I'm waiting for the next revolutionary game, something totally different.

if you like the open world games such as fallout and gta, id highly suggest saints row:the third. total gangster style game, with the best action ive ever seen in a sandbox style. the game is just a nonstop blast.
8/23/12 1:35 PM
1armedScissor

how is DotA revolutionary? I'm not familiar with it, what makes it stand out?

Minecraft I might give a go, that seems pretty unique.
8/23/12 1:37 PM
PrettyCoolGuy

DotA2 is in beta, not revolutionary at all though. But if you've never played a moba game then it'll be new at least.
8/23/12 1:57 PM
1armedScissor

sorry what is a moba game?
8/23/12 4:00 PM
PrettyCoolGuy

1armedScissor - sorry what is a moba game?

Objective based pvp games that derived from RTS mods.

Search for Defence of the Ancients, League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth on google if you wanna see. There's a huge thread on League of Legends in gamerground, but it's more talking about "end game" play.

They're free, easy to try League of Legends out since it has bot games for new players.
8/23/12 5:22 PM
1armedScissor

so its like starcraft? Phone Post
8/23/12 10:12 PM
None So Blind
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just take a break.

I finished Baldur's Gate 2 and thought I was done with games, nothing else seemed as good.

I wound up sitting out for two years, then came back in with the Xbox. Have had a blast ever since.
8/23/12 11:27 PM
PrettyCoolGuy

1armedScissor -  so its like starcraft? Phone Post

no.

You control 1 character whom you chose from a selection before each game starts. they have 4-5 abilities that you learn and rank as you level up. You start every game at lvl 1. You might have played custom games similar, but those games I mentioned are marginally better.
8/25/12 4:44 PM
rookie29

It's summer. My gaming drops 99% over the summer.

Something about sunshine, warm weather, and being outside ruins videogames for me. Every winter it comes back and hooks me. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.