UnderGround Forums

Florida Underground >> MMA, Judo, Jiu Jitsu near Fort Meyers Beach

8/22/12 6:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AgedCaviar
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just moved to the area from Kauai, HI (originally from Detroit). Looking for a place to train and/or coach/teach. Any suggestions? Phone Post
8/23/12 6:04 AM
Iambigd2
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's ATT cape coral. Really good group of guys there Phone Post
8/23/12 10:57 AM
AgedCaviar
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks I will check it out. Who teaches there? Phone Post
8/23/12 12:32 PM
shark tank
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Relson Gracie cape coral is a bit closer. Phil Cardella is our main instructor who is down from st. augustine a few days a week (sometimes for a week at a time). We just had Relson down last weekend. 3 brown belts, a couple of purples and a good amount of blue belts regularly on the mats. we're there M-F 5:30 till 8.
8/23/12 1:55 PM
AgedCaviar

That sounds awesome. Thanks ST. Is it strictly GJJ or MMA as well? any specific no gi classes?
8/23/12 2:07 PM
shark tank
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Our school just re-opened under Phil a couple of months ago. Right now, we are all gi GJJ. Our Muay Thai will start up September 1st (not sure on times or days). Our old school held MT tuesday and thursday 8:15-9:30 and saturday morning 10-12. As for no gi classes, right now we don't have any (Phil is pretty traditional) but you can train no gi whenever you want. I usually train judo at the Kodokan in Cape Coral (on 47th terrace) on saturdays, so i'm not sure if saturday is a no gi open mat (used to be under other instructor).
8/23/12 4:16 PM
AgedCaviar

What's the schedule at the Kodokan On the Cape? Phone Post
8/23/12 7:48 PM
shark tank

Edited: 08/23/12 7:49 PM
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 7:30-9 or 9:30 and saturday 12-1:30. a good amount of newaza and some pretty tough guys. the instructor is very traditional and a new yorker...loud, tough but turns out really talented judoka. kayla harrison has done a seminar at his dojo and guys come from all over the country to teach/train. i'll be at both places tomorrow night. a lot of our jiu jitsu guys are going to compete in the copa this weekend, so i'm not sure how many guys will be at jiu jitsu.
8/23/12 7:53 PM
shark tank

i think a few of our jiu jitsu guys are going to kauai in march to relson's red belt ceremony. i know phil is going for sure. he lived with relson for a few years when he was training in hawaii and knows his way around the island well. if i can afford it, i'm going.
8/23/12 10:48 PM
AgedCaviar

Kauai is amazing. I hope you get to go. Thanks for the info. I'm gonna try to make it to some of these schools to check them out soon. 
8/29/12 10:15 AM
Phil Cardella
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AgedCaviar, have a free week at the New Relson Gracie Association in Cape Coral.. If you don't like it I owe you lunch for wasting your time. It's the best group of talent accumulated together in that area. Bring your MMA gloves and a good attitude. We have guys that have fought (I have fought lots). We have several people that have very good stand-up as well. One guy out kickboxed Chuck Liddel twice in competition. I will be there this Sat. Sun. Mon. for sure. Come check it out. add us on facebook & @ MMA4Florida.com
1/14/13 9:34 AM
Phil Cardella
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you train in Kauai? I am pretty good friends with Bruno, Pono, & Jared...
1/17/13 4:34 PM
AgedCaviar

Yes I trained with Jared a couple times, but I mostly trained at New Breeed with Kaeo, Kaleo, and their crew. Great bunch of guys. I'll be heading back to kauai in march. I didn't see your posts until today. I'll try to come by sometime before I leave the mainland. Thanks for the offer. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.