UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> failed shot, sprawled on, now what...?

8/23/12 6:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey

hola;

so, i'm based in the UK with very limited sporadic access to wrestling tuition. ive got a ton of instructionals and some solid youtube channels like kolat, iowa state etc, but i notice a lot of them dont really deal with that position where you've hit a shot, been sprawled on and now you're underneath either up on your toes or (god forbid) in full turtle

my go-to's here are -
(i) trying to grab the single, pull myself in and run round the corner to either regain feet and hit the single or switch to the double
(ii) create motion, fake one way, peak out the other or
(iii) up on my toes and kind of tripod up and walk out backwards to regain standing position

even though i say these are my 'go to's ' i would hardly say im shit-hot at them or anything so if you know any good vids or instructionals that deal with it, or you've any advice for this position, i'd really appreciate it

cheers
jj
8/23/12 6:32 AM
john joe
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
ive never seen this before, peeking out by going across the body. Thoughts on this?
8/23/12 11:55 PM
luwahoo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Peek out son. All day. Or bait him in to spinning around and blocking him half way with your bicep/shoulder and sneaking out the back. I used to take bad shots on purpose so I could do those. Phone Post
9/3/12 4:41 AM
EdgeHoboken
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Peak out is good, but for submission grappling purposes you can leave yourself exposed to the guillotine choke. And against someone with a higher level sprawl, it can be difficult to get under his hips without finding yourself stuck with a lot of hip pressure on your shoulders. Wrist and elbow control and return to your feet, or knee under (slid knee to gets hips underneath your shoulders) and return to solid position.
9/7/12 10:53 AM
shiznit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqeXZZKP93c great technique from being sprawled on works everytime for me
9/8/12 10:41 PM
Triple_B
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shiznit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqeXZZKP93c great technique from being sprawled on works everytime for me

That's a basic front headlock and arm drag counter.

The OP is talking about getting sprawled on which mostly means the guys arms are locked around your body with his hips down smashing you.
10/16/12 12:03 PM
beastrosoup
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch Europeans wrestle freestyle. They've developed a technique where they switch their knees on a fail shot to either get behind or get there head up and drive to their feet Phone Post
10/19/12 9:37 AM
shiznit

Triple_B - 
shiznit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqeXZZKP93c great technique from being sprawled on works everytime for me

The OP is talking about getting sprawled on which mostly means the guys arms are locked around your body with his hips down smashing you.

If there If there arms are wrapped around my body??Most sprawls are coming off a down block front headlock position. If someones gona bodylock me off a sprawl its not the smartest thing to do i.m.o
10/19/12 9:37 AM
shiznit

Edited: 10/19/12 9:52 AM
Triple_B - 

If there If there arms are wrapped around my body??Most sprawls are coming off a down block front headlock position. If someones gona bodylock me off a sprawl its not the smartest thing to do i.m.o...depending on head position,or even switch head position,tripod up drive your knees to elbows and elevate. If that makes sense
10/20/12 6:51 PM
Soul Gravy

sub

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.