UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> clubbing the head

8/23/12 6:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey

forgive me another noob question but, clubbing the head is basically smacking the guys head down to make him think you're looking to snap him down or something, correct?
8/23/12 5:05 PM
ChipW
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

think of it as an aggressive collar tie. 
9/3/12 4:43 AM
EdgeHoboken
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clubbing the head is moving your opponent to set him up for a takedown attempt, or to get to another hold such as an underhook. Try to use your forearm and you will find a lot of success vs using your hand. Whale away amigo, have some fun
9/5/12 6:58 AM
shiznit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/12 7:00 AM
I prefer clubbing the head with my back hand and prefer using my lead hand to attack legs with if that makes sense,it makes much more sense to leave your front hand free to attack legs and defend etc rather than have it occupied snapping down,going for a collor tie etc. I also wouldnt really collor tie with my front hand thats a very big no no imo as it leavers the front leg open to attacks. Just my opinion tho
9/9/12 2:37 AM
EdgeHoboken
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shiznit - I prefer clubbing the head with my back hand and prefer using my lead hand to attack legs with if that makes sense,it makes much more sense to leave your front hand free to attack legs and defend etc rather than have it occupied snapping down,going for a collor tie etc. I also wouldnt really collor tie with my front hand thats a very big no no imo as it leavers the front leg open to attacks. Just my opinion tho

Absolutely, maintain your high low!
9/11/12 1:45 AM
EdgeHoboken

Edited: 09/11/12 1:45 AM
http://kolat.com/free-videos/feet-offense-collegiate/benefit-pulling-head-down

Video of NCAA Champion Kolat demonstrating some of the goals of snapping/clubbing the head
9/11/12 11:36 AM
shiznit

The club the head or collor tie can used to just make your opponent get out of position by either setting up a shot when they fight out of collor tie and stand tall, or the tie sets them up for a front headlock.

I like to use my collor tie aswell similar to what Kolat does,to try and pull-push opponents head toward the arm wether im in inside ties{bicep tie} or im in elbow tie{controlling the elbows}. I always try and get there head to touch there own arm and at the same time pushing-pulling them right out of position, so the collor tie can be used to make your opponent go left or right way out of position and also takes away 2 lines of defence i.e head and hands-arms, when there head is touching there own arm. Once those are out of the way it leaves the legs open to attack.
9/11/12 11:37 AM
shiznit

Edited: 09/11/12 12:05 PM
The club the head or collor tie can used to just make your opponent get out of position by either setting up a shot when they fight out of collor tie and stand tall, or the tie sets them up for a front headlock go behind.

I like to use my collor tie aswell similar to what Kolat does,to try and pull-push opponents head toward the arm wether im in inside ties{bicep tie} or im in elbow tie{controlling the elbows}. I always try and get there head to touch there own arm and at the same time pushing-pulling them right out of position, so the collor tie can be used to make your opponent go left or right way out of position and also takes away 2 lines of defence i.e head and hands-arms, when there head is touching there own arm. Once those are out of the way it leaves the legs open to attack.

Club the head is a really good set up, it gets your partner out of position. I try not to think about a shot or leg attack first. I try to think about the set up first and foremost as the set up is what is going to open your opponents stance up, make there legs open to attack.

Think of your of your opponents stance as a door with 3 rottweilers gaurding it{there head,hands and hips}. You have to get past the rottweilers to get to the door and open it{finish a leg attack or shot}...

You simply use handfighting as a tool to open up and break down your partners stance as its very hard to score on someone in a perfect stance. You have to set every shot up otherwise youl get stuffed and even scored on yourself.

All you have to do is get them out of the perfect stance and wrestle you in a poor one, thatl make it much easier to score on them. Not only that at the same time your trying to breakedown your opponents stance you have to keep your own stance as correct and perfect as possible, as its no good getting your partner out of position if you yourself are coming out of position, as they will score on you. Wrestling i.m.o isnt about just takedowns, its about stance-position and breaking and wearing down your opponents stance while keeping yours strong.
12/22/12 12:40 AM
Root12
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like to drag my hand from the neck twards the top of the head as I change levels. Phone Post
12/22/12 9:55 AM
Seul
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt for my threads, awesome discussion. Phone Post
12/25/12 1:40 AM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good shit

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.