UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Guild Wars 2 starts tomorrow!

8/30/12 8:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jman
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GW 1 was one of my top 3 games ever.

How does GW 2 compare?

I didn't like WOW really and absolutely loved GW 1. I'll get the game regardless next week.

Just curious to those of you that played the shit out of GW 1, what do you think of GW 2?
8/30/12 10:53 AM
jman
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a Ranger all the way.

Hey can you "import" anything from GW 1?

I'd love to get my Drago's Flatbow...that fucker is huge and badass.
8/30/12 11:29 AM
gord96
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jockey - ^^ I'm talking about lvl 80 sPvP btw, I haven't even bothered leveling my char out of sPvP lol

In regards to the sPvP/BG's, your level doesn't matter at all right? You could have a level 5 ranger and never have to level him beyond that and still be fully competitive in sPvP?
8/30/12 11:33 AM
jman

I hate PvP for the most part and love PvE.

How is this going to work for me?
8/30/12 11:44 AM
gord96
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You will be fine. You don't have to do any PvP if you don't want to. :) And there is plenty of PvE.
8/30/12 1:00 PM
Ninjaworm7555
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Granpa -
Jockey - ^^ what is this bird skill lol never heard of it, sounds insane

It's one of the skills you buy with skill points. You summon a bird to attack your foe, and the bird applies a bleed that does pretty good damage combined with your other attacks.

The more I play this game the more I'm loving it. The only beef I have with it so far is that everyone is going ranged for PVP sieges because it works so much better. They need to find a way to make melee more useful in those situations. Also, on the same theme, the boss fights need to be more melee friendly as well. I understand they implemented a dodge mechanic but in the heat of battle when there are a gazillion spell effects and dust and all that going on, sometimes it's impossible to see something coming at you if you're in melee range and then it's insta-death.

Other than that, the game is just fantastic. Up to level 22 so far and I don't have that MMO fatigue. I'm never having to gather shit, or return shit to anyone, or serve as someone's errand boy. I kill, and then I kill some more, and then I kill some more and I'm having a blast doing it.

IMO, this game just destroyed the MMO genre. I can't imagine anyone playing this and then going back to the tedium of WoW or SWTOR or Rift or any other MMO.
Long time WoW player here, and I have a lvl 19 warrior. I must say this is the best start I've ever experienced in an mmo, and I've tried them all. I'm giving serious thought to cancelling my 2 WoW subs. Phone Post
8/30/12 1:46 PM
Granpa
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jockey - grandpa there is no psycho bird skill with the warrior you trolling bastard lol

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_warrior_skills

Yes there is, it's called "Call Owl" and it's a Tier 1 slot skill.  Quite visiting outdated websites.

8/30/12 1:50 PM
Ninjaworm7555

Jockey -
jman - I hate PvP for the most part and love PvE.

How is this going to work for me?

To be honest I got bored with PvE after a while, the single player story is great but there are gaps where say you're level 10 and do your level 10 single player story quest, and the next quest will be level 12, then after that level 14, you need to level up between story quests in order to be able to catch up with the difficulty.

Thankfully you can level up in WvW PvP, I found the PvE a bit boring after a while, but I think at higher levels you get raids and stuff which is a lot more exciting.
And you can always explore and level in one of the other races' lands...the world is huge! Phone Post
8/30/12 2:00 PM
gord96

Edited: 08/30/12 2:00 PM
but I think at higher levels you get raids and stuff which is a lot more exciting.

no raids in the game as far as i know, but there is 5 mans later on. i have actually been enjoying the PvE more then the PvP, but as you said, the gap between story quests can get annoying. Sometimes you just want to keep on the story, but then find out you need to get 3 more levels.
8/30/12 4:14 PM
Greenup
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's Pve? I did the WvW and that seemed cool although I died a lot Phone Post
8/30/12 5:59 PM
theseanster
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is it so far, I'm thinking of buying it tonight when I get home
8/30/12 6:32 PM
kyle47129
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Friend talked me into getting it today, its been pretty cool so far, still getting used to the interface and stuff. Phone Post
8/31/12 4:10 PM
Jamie_B
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I play mainly FPS and never took to WOW. There was so much talk over GW2 so I thought I would give it a go. So far I'm really enjoying it.

There is a lot of content which keeps me
from getting bored.I recommend it.

I did the jumping quest at Lions reach yesterday. Got very annoying lol. Did it in the end though. Phone Post
8/31/12 5:18 PM
JLK

Dumbass question. There is an option in the inventory to store salvageable items somewhere else. Now I can't find them. Any one know where they went?
8/31/12 5:20 PM
Greenup
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You talkin about the bank where u can deposit crafting materials? Phone Post
8/31/12 7:21 PM
Ninjaworm7555

JLK - Dumbass question. There is an option in the inventory to store salvageable items somewhere else. Now I can't find them. Any one know where they went?
Yeah, I think you mean the bank. If you scroll down the bank you'll see the materials storage. Phone Post
9/1/12 1:54 AM
theseanster
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/01/12 1:56 AM
 Well I went to buy it today but the web site says they are SOLD OUT.

Nice. They limited sales because of their lack of capactiy.

FAIL 

Sorry! Guild Wars 2 is currently soldout.

To ensure the highest quality service we have temporarily limited the number of copies of Guild Wars 2.

As more capacity becomes available, we will make Guild Wars 2 available for sale again.

9/1/12 12:15 PM
JLK

Ninjaworm7555 - 
JLK - Dumbass question. There is an option in the inventory to store salvageable items somewhere else. Now I can't find them. Any one know where they went?
Yeah, I think you mean the bank. If you scroll down the bank you'll see the materials storage. Phone Post

Ok thanks... I haven't made it to the bank yet. I'm still in the first area and suck at this game. That portion wasn't well explained. They should have just said "send to bank".
9/1/12 3:34 PM
Whambo
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what's the pvp like in this game? I'm looking for something a little more meaningful than how ToR and WoW handled it...
9/1/12 9:46 PM
theseanster

Bought it at the store. Only 3 left. Patching right now
9/1/12 10:19 PM
theseanster

So what server are you guys on??
9/2/12 1:25 AM
theseanster

Made a ranger on Gates of Madness. No clue what I'm doing, but the graphics are amazing.
9/2/12 1:34 AM
Granpa
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm on Anvil Rock and my warrior is bad-ass.  This is when he was 29, currently 34 and crushing level 38 mobs with ease.

9/2/12 2:10 AM
NYHC
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im on anvil rock also. i have a norn warrior named "Gunther weezul".

i am a little dissapointed with the servers filling so fast. i couldnt buy the game until i got paid on thursday, and by then the server my guild that ive played pc games with since 2005 filled up.... getting to play with some old friends was the main reason i bought the game i was really suprised a server filled up in less than a week.
9/2/12 9:43 AM
gord96

i'm on anvil rock too.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.