UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey on ESPN: 'Disgraced' Cyborg MUST make 135

8/25/12 1:56 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Following Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey's first successful title defense, over Sarah Kaufman on Aug. 18, Rousey immediately called out former Strikeforce Women's Featherweight Champion Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos, who is under suspension until December for testing positive to Stanozolol metabolites..

Rousey called for the bout to be at 135, while Santos wants a catchweight at 140, or even her "natural' 145 division.

In December of last year, following her win over Hiroko Yamanaka in San Diego, Cris Cyborg considered dropping weight to the 135 pound Women's division. At the post fight press conference she was asked by a reporter, "would it be physically possible for you to drop down to 135?"

"She says she is going to put a valiant effort into trying to make135," said the translator. "Maybe if she could make a catch weight at 140 first, then slowly make her way down to 135. But she's going to put a good effort to make 135."

However, Santos no longer feels that is possible, recently telling MMAjunkie.com there "really is not a safe way for me to cut to 135 pounds – not without hurting myself physically."

During a Friday appearance on ESPN's "SportsCenter," Rousey wasn't buying the argument.

"She was caught doing steroids, and everyone knew she was doing it for a long time," Rousey said. "And I really don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect that when she's not doing steroids she would lose some weight. I don't really think that's unreasonable to say.

"She really disgraced herself and her sport and her country by cheating all those years, and I really don't think the way to deal with it is to reward her with a title shot with all the considerations she wants."

"I think that it should happen, and I think it's her only option. I have plenty of other options, so if she doesn't want to do it, then I'll do something else." 

However, in an interview yesterday while criticising Jon Jones's refusal to fight Chael Sonnen on eight days notice, Rousey vowed she would fight at whatever weight she was asked to.

"If Dana said he wanted me to fight Chris 'Cyborg' Santos with a 40lbs weight disadvantage or wrap our hands with duct tape and be there in 40 minutes, I'd say 'I'd be there in 10 minutes just so I could stretch first'. It doesn't matter to me, I consider myself the best in the world. I think if you have that title, you have a responsibility to defend it at anytime against anyone."

Thus it appears hopeful that at some point following Cris Cyborg's return to MMA, the biggest fight in WMMA history is likely to happen, at whatever weight, and maybe even in the UFC.

8/25/12 1:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_David_MMAmet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One day removed from saying she'd fight Cyborg with a 40 lbs weight disadvantage IF DANA SAID SO.

I'm so sick of her talking, she clearly can't keep shit straight. It's amazing how many reporters wanna beat this dead horse. Phone Post
8/25/12 2:03 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 08/25/12 2:03 PM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet -  One day removed from saying she'd fight Cyborg with a 40 lbs weight disadvantage IF DANA SAID SO.

I'm so sick of her talking, she clearly can't keep shit straight. It's amazing how many reporters wanna beat this dead horse. Phone Post

Hyperbole. How does it work? Apparently David_MMAmet doesn't know. Regardless, even if Rousey said and meant it, and reneged on her word, how is that worse than cheating?!?  So you would hate on Ronda for using hyperbole, yet support a cheater?!? 

You have issues. It's called Hateritis.

8/25/12 2:13 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

digitdigit - Be very careful what you say about the Rousey. A friend of mine was banned for saying Ronda's mom was riding her daughters coattails. Ronda's mom had posted videos showing everyone the "right" technique for doing the perfect armbar. He posted that on a thread (mod) Cyril Jeff made. At that time alot of people were riding Ronda's nuts hard. Personally I could not believe a mod would ban him for speaking his mind about someone who is not even a fighter. Only a titty baby with a small weewee would ban someone for such a thing. His opinion of course not mine. However it is hard to disagree with.
It's my friends weed, officer. Phone Post
8/25/12 2:15 PM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet

ausgepicht -
UGCTT_David_MMAmet -  One day removed from saying she'd fight Cyborg with a 40 lbs weight disadvantage IF DANA SAID SO.

Hyperbole. How does it work? Apparently David_MMAmet doesn't know. Regardless, even if Rousey said and meant it, and reneged on her word, how is that worse than cheating?!?  So you would hate on Ronda for using hyperbole, yet support a cheater?!? 

Being a presumptive bastard?

Ausgepicht knows.

I'm a fan of Ronda, I just wish she'd shut up. And if she fought Cyborg if be cheering against the cheater.

KTHXBAI DON'T ASSUME THINGS Phone Post
8/25/12 2:17 PM
HenryO

If this was JOn Jones people would be crying
8/25/12 2:23 PM
ausgepicht

UGCTT_David_MMAmet - 
ausgepicht -

Ausgepicht knows.

I'm a fan of Ronda, I just wish she'd shut up. And if she fought Cyborg if be cheering against the cheater.

Not assuming anything. You are a liar. My statement stands. Fans don't BITCH about what their favorite fighters say.

Does it get more pathetic than lying on the internet? 
8/25/12 2:33 PM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet

ausgepicht -
UGCTT_David_MMAmet - 
ausgepicht -

Ausgepicht knows.

Not assuming anything. You are a liar. My statement stands. Fans don't BITCH about what their favorite fighters say.

Does it get more pathetic than lying on the internet? 
You can go back through my post history and see that I've supported Ronda before. Caring about what someone thinks about their favourite fighter and labeling them "haters": so grown up of you.

It's amazing when someone nut-hugs so hard, they can't see the forest from the trees. This will blow you away: not a huge fan of Chael's in-cage fighting, huge fan of his persona. Jon Jones seems like a dick but I'm a huge fan of his in-cage ability. Ronda is awesome on fight day but man does she get annoying in interviews. Truly not her fault because people keep asking the same damn questions, but you'd think you'd get tired of answering them.

COMPLEXITY OF OPINION HOW DOES IT WORK? Phone Post
8/25/12 2:52 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 08/25/12 2:54 PM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet - You can go back through my post history and see that I've supported Ronda before. Caring about what someone thinks about their favourite fighter and labeling them "haters": so grown up of you.

It's amazing when someone nut-hugs so hard, they can't see the forest from the trees. This will blow you away: not a huge fan of Chael's in-cage fighting, huge fan of his persona. Jon Jones seems like a dick but I'm a huge fan of his in-cage ability. Ronda is awesome on fight day but man does she get annoying in interviews. Truly not her fault because people keep asking the same damn questions, but you'd think you'd get tired of answering them.

So, in conclusion you in a roundabout way have admitted you do not know how hyperbole works? Interesting. Yet, you proudly trumpet your complexity?!?! Hyperbole confuses you, yet we're to believe you have complex opinions? 

I enjoyed your symphony of red herrings. Delightful. Wish I had a Chianti.   
8/25/12 3:16 PM
sixdog

digitdigit - Wasn't Cyborg busted for using Winstrol? That specific steroid does not put mass on you. Not to say she wasn't at one time using testosterone. If she was only using Winstrol, she probably wouldn't lose much by coming off of it since it's typically a steroid you use while cutting. I think someone may just be doing a bit of nick tucking.
Wrong ... Winstrol does indeed put lean mass on ... Do some research before u look like an ass in public Phone Post
8/25/12 3:19 PM
Tolstolobic

She reminds me of dog barking behind the fence Phone Post
8/25/12 3:21 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

digitdigit - Be very careful what you say about the Rousey. A friend of mine was banned for saying Ronda's mom was riding her daughters coattails. Ronda's mom had posted videos showing everyone the "right" technique for doing the perfect armbar. He posted that on a thread (mod) Cyril Jeff made. At that time alot of people were riding Ronda's nuts hard. Personally I could not believe a mod would ban him for speaking his mind about someone who is not even a fighter. Only a titty baby with a small weewee would ban someone for such a thing. His opinion of course not mine. However it is hard to disagree with.

Oddly enough, Ronda's mom did better in judo than Ronda ever did. The mom won a world championship, the best Ronda did was 2nd.

So there's a decent chance that the mom knows more about arm bars than Ronda does ...
8/25/12 3:23 PM
Tad Ghostal
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sixdog - 
digitdigit - Wasn't Cyborg busted for using Winstrol? That specific steroid does not put mass on you. Not to say she wasn't at one time using testosterone. If she was only using Winstrol, she probably wouldn't lose much by coming off of it since it's typically a steroid you use while cutting. I think someone may just be doing a bit of nick tucking.
Wrong ... Winstrol does indeed put lean mass on ... Do some research before u look like an ass in public Phone Post

"Winstrol - Stanozolol is a very commonly used anabolic steroid for cutting cycles. While many people will attempt to use Dianabol or even Anadrol for cutting cycles, Ive really never heard of anyone using Stanozolol for anything except a cutting cycle. Its a bit of a one-trick-pony in this respect. Let me repeat that: Stanozolol is a cutting drug."

http://www.steroid.com/Winstrol.php
8/25/12 3:46 PM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet

ausgepicht - 
UGCTT_David_MMAmet - You can go back through my post history and see that I've supported Ronda before. Caring about what someone thinks about their favourite fighter and labeling them "haters": so grown up of you.

So, in conclusion you in a roundabout way have admitted you do not know how hyperbole works? Interesting. Yet, you proudly trumpet your complexity?!?! Hyperbole confuses you, yet we're to believe you have complex opinions? 

I enjoy the fact that you can't have a reasonable discussion because you're blinded by your desperate love of Ronda. You have to hide behind bullshit about hyperboles and WHINE (that's a play on words, mister connoisseur)

Fact is: I don't like most of what Ronda has to say.

Another fact: I cheer for her because she's awesome in the cage.

Barry Bonds is a dick but theres no one I'd rather see hit the long ball.

I'm sick of hearing Ronda call out Cyborg, then say she wouldn't fight her @ 145, then say she'd fight her at 175 if she "had to" (no one fucking has to, just ask Jon Jones). If you can't see the sense in that, it is because you lack the reading comprehension level. I would like to direct you to www.hop.com

I also didn't like what she had to say about Michael Phelps. Does that get your ass chafed, too?

Either way, I'm done arguing with someone so far in the red that it's obvious people don't respect your opinion here.
8/25/12 3:48 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 08/25/12 3:48 PM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet - 
ausgepicht - 

I enjoy the fact that you can't have a reasonable discussion because you're blinded by your desperate love of Ronda. You have to hide behind bullshit about hyperboles and WHINE (that's a play on words, mister connoisseur)

Fact is: I don't like most of what Ronda has to say.

Another fact: I cheer for her because she's awesome in the cage.

Barry Bonds is a dick but theres no one I'd rather see hit the long ball.

I'm sick of hearing Ronda call out Cyborg, then say she wouldn't fight her @ 145, then say she'd fight her at 175 if she "had to" (no one fucking has to, just ask Jon Jones). If you can't see the sense in that, it is because you lack the reading comprehension level. I would like to direct you to www.hop.com

I also didn't like what she had to say about Michael Phelps. Does that get your ass chafed, too?

Either way, I'm done arguing with someone so far in the red that it's obvious people don't respect your opinion here.

hy·per·bo·le/h??p?rb?l?/

Noun:
Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Synonyms: exaggeration - hyperbola - overstatement

You're welcome. Have a nice day!
8/25/12 3:54 PM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet

Must be nice, being able to say shit you don't mean and have tards online defend it to the death.
8/25/12 3:59 PM
RandyDarsh
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha man ronda really doesnt wanna fight hera couple pounds heavier hey? looks like she needs every little advantage she can get.

cyborg by TKO
8/25/12 4:01 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 08/25/12 4:02 PM
UGCTT_David_MMAmet - Must be nice, being able to say shit you don't mean and have tards online defend it to the death.
 Amazing. I posted the definition of Hyperbole and you comprehended it as "Saying shit you don't mean." LOL@being a grown adult and having never heard of hyperbole. Let me guess...are you American?

WOW.     
8/25/12 4:36 PM
stonepony

UGCTT_David_MMAmet - 
ausgepicht -

Ausgepicht knows.

Why should she shut up? You listened to the whole interview right? She is the only thing keeping WMMA alive, and she's doing a lot to popularize MMA in general.
8/25/12 4:56 PM
Shogun of Harlem
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the hell is on Ronda's face?
8/25/12 5:00 PM
JSMHP
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay....the talk about winstrol as a cutting agent has to be taken in context...shit you are reading online is about bodybuilding not mma. Some of you are talking about it like its a water pill. Winstrol still helps you gain lean mass as long as you are lifting/workout. Cyborg can make 35 for sure but she would have to get off the gear and completely change her eating and lifting. She clearly has a lot of unnatural mass that requires a ton of protein to maintain off cycle. Winstrol shreds you out but you are crazy if you think it doesn't increase lean mass
8/25/12 5:02 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Okay Ms rocket scientist
8/25/12 5:09 PM
GeoDim
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun of Harlem - What the hell is on Ronda's face?

This. Surprised it took so long for someone to say something. Looks like she tried to cover it with the glasses, but that only brought more attention to it. 
8/25/12 5:35 PM
rickson_basics
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just looks like some writing on the lens. Crap choice of glasses though...that writing plus her mole, apparently creates a huge herpie. Who knew?
8/25/12 5:35 PM
rickson_basics
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just looks like some writing on the lens. Crap choice of glasses though...that writing plus her mole, apparently creates a huge herpie. Who knew?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.