UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Thoughts on single rep work sets

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/25/12 4:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LordSeano
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2nd attempt to post this.

I was wondering what people on here thought about using single rep work sets for strength AND size gains.

I know there are a lot of low vol/high intensity advocates on here like Jeremy, Vermonter and Leigh and wanted to know their thoughts

For example today I did Deadlifts and did 5 reps at about 75% (of 1rm), 3 reps at 81% and then 4 single rep sets at 88/91/93/97.

Did the same for bench and then 3 sets of pullups.

It felt pretty good and to be honest some of that was psychological about lifting near my max I think but I wondered if you guys had some experience of it/does it work/not enough etc
8/25/12 4:57 PM
Leigh
1186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think vermonter advocates high intensity, high volume and I agree with him. Do a load of sets

Except for deadlifts. Phone Post
8/25/12 7:25 PM
HERTSWENIP
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/25/12 7:27 PM
8/25/12 11:24 PM
TheKidAintMine
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
8/26/12 5:00 AM
banco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would probably depend on the rest periods but I still think it's not the best solution for strength and mass gains (time under tension is important).

Why not just use a proven method like heavy lifts followed by a backoff set?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.