UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Outfitting Gym

8/25/12 10:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dc1000
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have an opportunity to outfit a gym at a high school. While I'm interested in getting good things for high school kids, I'm also interested in myself!

There already are some donated dumbbells, pairs in most weights. but there is also just some shitty donated cardio equipment (will throw away, it is in a brand new gymnasium with a running track) and some crappy benches and misc shit.

I'm all about power/oly lifting and would like to set things up with that in mind. Squat racks, oly bars and weights and a couple of benches.

The question is - any ideas on where/how to get things that aren't fifty million bucks?

Rogue fitness' 500lb bumper set is nearly $1000. and thats not even the bar, the rack, the bench all of that multiplied by however many stations we would have (maybe 3-5).

Any suggestions on quality brands that aren't as expensive?

The fucking bars alone were like $400, plus the rack $400, plus 500lbs of weights at $1000 and we're at $2k per station with shipping??

I suppose won't need 500lbs at every station, but if we do just one, then we definitely do (DL is getting almost there).

Any help is appreciated, thanks
8/26/12 1:58 AM
Leigh
622 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eBay Phone Post
8/26/12 5:33 AM
Ham and Egger
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make a post on craigslist stating what you are looking for. I got an amazing deal this way. Phone Post
8/26/12 4:26 PM
dc1000
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any brands in particular?
9/3/12 1:43 AM
LiveFromThe7x7
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Find a gym that's going out of business and/of upgrading and this selling its used equipment. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.