UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> Gonna start wrestling in HS any tips

11/25/12 10:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OG1 Kenobi_BFTT
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go to flowrestling and watch as many videos as you can. They are the best resource for wrestling on the net. Phone Post
1/6/13 10:33 AM
cruedi
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More matches are a won and lost by conditioning than talent. Get in great shape, run, jump rope, spar and much as you can.
1/6/13 6:47 PM
FlyingKnee_bar
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of corny answers here but alot of truth spoken haha... My biggest thing is work hard unless u like losing, my school was serious about wrestling and I don't know yours but just like mma training is everything...

As I tell all my wrestlers, by the end of season you should hate it and love it, I like to say I hate this sport I just do it to get my hand raised
1/9/13 8:55 PM
SesameTako
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've always felt consistency far exceeds intensity. If you're hungry, the intensity will work it's way into your program naturally. Way too many people burn out fast and quit. You'll get better by making a commitment and getting your ass to training when you're supposed to. Phone Post
3/19/13 11:19 PM
JohnJamesUrgayle
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best advice i can give is work hard nothing is easy especially wrestling. When it comes time for your matches just flat out refuse to lose just dont let it happen no matter what. Of course it will happen but then u can tell yourself u did everything in your power Phone Post
3/19/13 11:56 PM
joemama1034
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did your season go? Phone Post
4/1/13 10:29 PM
VortexMMA
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finished undefeated my division Phone Post
4/12/13 12:11 PM
muaythai1622
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish i wrestled in high school, I never realized how much I love grappling until I started judo! Phone Post 3.0
4/13/13 4:25 AM
BiggRiggWreckedGQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VortexMMA - Finished undefeated my division Phone Post
What weight? Phone Post 3.0
4/13/13 8:51 AM
joemama1034
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did u win state Phone Post
4/16/13 1:58 PM
finzach
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Find a takedown which works for you, and train it until it's instinct. Work different finishes for your preferred takedown (ex. Single: run the pipe, elevating to trips, finishes from the mat, etc...) & don't beat yourself up over losses-instead learn from them. Also wrestle every chance you get, that means summer camps. Phone Post
4/16/13 6:03 PM
VortexMMA
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joemama1034 - Did u win state Phone Post
Lost in state Phone Post
4/18/13 5:27 AM
Robobear
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VortexMMA - 
joemama1034 - Did u win state Phone Post
Lost in state Phone Post

First year wrestler? Awesome man! Gonna do it again?

I coach High school wrestling and BJJ in Hawaii.  Both character builders and will get you far in life long after you hang up the singlets and gi's.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.