UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Thoughts on eating liver

8/27/12 9:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HayemakeredByHaye
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do any of you eat liver? Lamb , chicken or pig?

Seems to be a good souce if protein and iron, but high in cholesterol.

Yay or nay?
8/27/12 12:15 PM
Leigh
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Supposed to very good for you. Read some articles that mentioned studies with rats where it massively increases stamina and dedicated liver or vit B12 can replicate it.

I'm not a fan of the taste though Phone Post
8/27/12 12:43 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grilled liver and onions
8/27/12 1:05 PM
Nalaan
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

User to eat it a lot back in france. Veal Liver, grilled with lemon squeezed on top of it, delicious!
8/27/12 2:43 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you're non-veggie/vegan you should definitely be consuming grass-fed organ meat. it is very healthy in a lot of bodily processes, contains calcium, magnesium (very important nowadays), iron, chromium, several varied antioxidants, etc

8/27/12 3:39 PM
dizz
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gokudamus stole my name - grilled liver and onions

Strong Belwas approves
8/27/12 4:31 PM
HayemakeredByHaye
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dizz - 
Gokudamus stole my name - grilled liver and onions

Strong Belwas approves

lol!!!

"Supposed to very good for you. Read some articles that mentioned studies with rats where it massively increases stamina and dedicated liver or vit B12 can replicate it.

I'm not a fan of the taste though "

Not a fan of the tastemyself , if I remember correctly. Been a long time since I tried it. Thats interesting. I will definitely get some now.

8/27/12 5:54 PM
Leigh
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, *dessicated Phone Post
8/27/12 8:05 PM
Sequoyah Sandford
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no good for me....
8/27/12 11:47 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I make my own pate from time to time. Chicken liver has the least strongest taste.
8/28/12 8:02 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't eat animal products for the most part but when I did I remember geese pate was a big thing in my European household and always taste amazing. 
8/28/12 8:39 AM
LordSeano
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I make peri peri chicken livers a lot - its good cheap protein but ultra high in cholesterol as others have said
8/29/12 11:41 PM
12toSix
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fried liver is the best Phone Post
8/30/12 2:44 AM
HUMBLED1
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmmmmmm chicken liver or turkey hmmmmm. boil for a few minutes with spices and its delicious.
8/30/12 2:48 AM
BALLSDEEP
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't have to, all the alcohol I ingest is eating mine already.
8/30/12 4:56 AM
Chocolate Shatner
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great for you.

FUCKING HATE the texture and flavor.
8/30/12 7:59 AM
Leck Brosnar

Can't get any better than that nutrient wise, I would only eat it once a week or so because of the high vitamin A content.
8/30/12 4:05 PM
Taku
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Many people I respect seem to recommend liver. I just don't like it.

TAKU
8/30/12 4:57 PM
BshMstr
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i read an article a while back that said we need to be careful of the organ meat we ingest now, due to environmental toxins and the chemicals given to livestock. an obvious issue is that all toxins go through the liver, which means you may or may not be eating something that's either really good for you, or really bad. i belive the grass-fed type is safer, though, as it's supposed to exposed to less crap...
9/3/12 7:05 PM
owchimata

Took liver pill supplements for a while. Stopped them when I got my cholesterol done and it was off the charts in a bad way. Maybe it was related, maybe not as I was eating a ton of everything to put on mass. I adjusted my diet and next time I got bloodwork, things were ok.

I was lifting like a beast during that time - many PRs. Again though, maybe unrelated to the liver supplements.

9/4/12 10:35 AM
None So Blind
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All these posts, and no mention yet of adding fava beans and Chianti?
9/5/12 12:23 AM
Chocolate Shatner
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I prefer the original. A nice, big Amarone.
9/5/12 11:10 AM
vermonter
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The liver of one or two specific animals is toxic... But i can't remember which...
9/7/12 12:49 AM
Jay ak

Nothing better than deer or moose liver, good for you and tastes better than the commercial beef, pork etc.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.