UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Official 49er fan thread

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/11/13 4:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MyUnclesCreepy
1029 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully they can resign him to a smaller deal after the season but he is the best pickup for the value no doubt Phone Post
3/11/13 4:52 PM
Dmoney35
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rather have harvin over boldin but grats guys that was a good counterpunch. Phone Post
3/11/13 4:54 PM
jaywill
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mje364 -  This is getting rough for my rams lol Phone Post

fisher mite give up a 1st forvictor cruz. maybe

3/11/13 4:54 PM
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

norcalbc -  Got that big physical receiver we needed. Good luck covering Crabtree, Boldin, Davis, Manningham, Williams, Gore and James Phone Post

you forgot trying to cover Kaep too..

BUT I do not like this move, like someone said earlier, didnt to add a piece to an already fierce receiving core...needed to sign a good safety or maybe sign darelle revis. there is pleanty of future stars in this years draft at WR...dont like this move..
3/11/13 5:00 PM
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My question is....Boldin is one of the top 5 WRs in the NFL, why did the Ravens trade him for a 6th round pick???
3/11/13 5:04 PM
MyUnclesCreepy
1029 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz -
norcalbc -  Got that big physical receiver we needed. Good luck covering Crabtree, Boldin, Davis, Manningham, Williams, Gore and James Phone Post

you forgot trying to cover Kaep too..

BUT I do not like this move, like someone said earlier, didnt to add a piece to an already fierce receiving core...needed to sign a good safety or maybe sign darelle revis. there is pleanty of future stars in this years draft at WR...dont like this move..
While Davis and tree are studs we needed another receiver this was a great move especially for the pick. I wouldn't trade for revis but Sean smith would be amazing to get for the right price Phone Post
3/11/13 5:05 PM
MyUnclesCreepy

Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz - My question is....Boldin is one of the top 5 WRs in the NFL, why did the Ravens trade him for a 6th round pick???
He wasn't willing to take a pay cut and he is on his last year. This is most likely a one year rental for SF with an outside chance of him taking the pay cut next year to stay Phone Post
3/11/13 5:06 PM
norcalbc
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best division in football, hands down Phone Post
3/11/13 5:06 PM
Dmoney35
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MyUnclesCreepy -
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz - My question is....Boldin is one of the top 5 WRs in the NFL, why did the Ravens trade him for a 6th round pick???
He wasn't willing to take a pay cut and he is on his last year. This is most likely a one year rental for SF with an outside chance of him taking the pay cut next year to stay Phone Post
I think top 5 wr is very very generous Phone Post
3/11/13 5:10 PM
PrettyBoyBrett
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love our front office. I am so happy. He sort of shores up our need for WR and TE. Got him for a sixth. These guys know what moves to make. I think our offense is gonna explode this year.
3/11/13 5:13 PM
JoeMimic
800 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. What a turn of events! Phone Post
3/11/13 5:15 PM
PrettyBoyBrett
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dizz - Rice has been useless for them. Tate and Baldwin are mediocre players at best. Harvin is excellent but plagued by injuries. And they gave up their first rounder this year for him, plus two additional picks.

It's a knee-jerk reaction to want us to add the best FAs year after year. Doing so would cripple our cap and our future. We are playing the long game. And even with Harvin, we are a superior team to Seattle.

Totally agree with this. I was fine with our WRs before Boldin, now I am ecstatic. Great teams are built through the draft and compliment in FA. Teams that try and throw money around and build all star teams never work out long term.

And creepy, I love you man, but Ian Williams is not a worthless signing. He's gonna be our starting nose tackle.
3/11/13 5:16 PM
MyUnclesCreepy

PrettyBoyBrett - I love our front office. I am so happy. He sort of shores up our need for WR and TE. Got him for a sixth. These guys know what moves to make. I think our offense is gonna explode this year.
Yep I'd still take the best WR available in the 3rd round because I see boldin as a rental.

My hope is we can get CB Sean smith to sign with us too Phone Post
3/11/13 5:18 PM
MyUnclesCreepy

PrettyBoyBrett -
dizz - Rice has been useless for them. Tate and Baldwin are mediocre players at best. Harvin is excellent but plagued by injuries. And they gave up their first rounder this year for him, plus two additional picks.

It's a knee-jerk reaction to want us to add the best FAs year after year. Doing so would cripple our cap and our future. We are playing the long game. And even with Harvin, we are a superior team to Seattle.

Totally agree with this. I was fine with our WRs before Boldin, now I am ecstatic. Great teams are built through the draft and compliment in FA. Teams that try and throw money around and build all star teams never work out long term.

And creepy, I love you man, but Ian Williams is not a worthless signing. He's gonna be our starting nose tackle.
I hope I'm wrong Brett I really do but I don't have much faith in the boy at this point

I'm a die hard ninerfan so I get stressed when I feel like we didn't do the best for the club

That said they are the pros and know more than I would and will do what they think is best

Vote ups for all you bitches! ;) Phone Post
3/11/13 5:27 PM
dizz
827 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dmoney35 - 
MyUnclesCreepy -
I think top 5 wr is very very generous Phone Post

He's not really a top 10 WR in the NFL at this stage in his career, but that's fine. He's hard-nosed and probably the toughest WR in football, and as shown by his play in the playoffs he can still get it done when it counts.
3/11/13 5:28 PM
CaptainPlanet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boldin is a good, tough receiver, but he's not exactly what the team needs at the position. He's basically just an older version of Crabtree. What they still need is a speedster ala Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith, etc. to stretch the field. But for a 6th rounder in a draft where we already have a ton of picks, not bad Phone Post
3/11/13 5:28 PM
PrettyBoyBrett

MyUnclesCreepy - 
PrettyBoyBrett -

I hope I'm wrong Brett I really do but I don't have much faith in the boy at this point

I'm a die hard ninerfan so I get stressed when I feel like we didn't do the best for the club

That said they are the pros and know more than I would and will do what they think is best

Vote ups for all you bitches! ;) Phone Post

I understand, man. You put so much of your heart and soul into the team and for years we get let down. It's hard not to be worried. I just really have a lot of faith in this staff. What they've done has been basically miraculous.
3/11/13 5:29 PM

so where is Delaney Walker headed? wish we could keep that guy :(
3/11/13 5:31 PM
PrettyBoyBrett

CaptainPlanet -  Boldin is a good, tough receiver, but he's not exactly what the team needs at the position. He's basically just an older version of Crabtree. What they still need is a speedster ala Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith, etc. to stretch the field. But for a 6th rounder in a draft where we already have a ton of picks, not bad Phone Post

I agree with the sentiment but I think they are hoping AJ Jenkins is going to be that guy and that he's not fully developed yet. Also I think they'll have him run a lot of the same routes Walker (who is gone) did in the 2 tight end set, which they ran a majority of the time.
3/11/13 5:36 PM
MyUnclesCreepy

Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz - so where is Delaney Walker headed? wish we could keep that guy :(
Tough to say if he can be resigned I'd be happy as fuck but he is quasi replaceable

My only gripe with Walker is you throw a 5 yard check down and he will drop it

Throw a 50 yard Bomb with 2 defenders on him and he gloves it like a pro for a td

Shit is frustrating lol Phone Post
3/11/13 5:37 PM
PrettyBoyBrett

Walker is a fantastic blocker and a very good athlete, but his hands make him not worth the money he will probably be offered elsewhere. We rely so much on our tight ends. I think he is replaceable.
3/11/13 5:42 PM
FlyingTriangle
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OH SNAP!!!!! Boyz i am pumped for this trade... WAR NINERS!!!!
3/11/13 5:53 PM
MyUnclesCreepy

PrettyBoyBrett - Walker is a fantastic blocker and a very good athlete, but his hands make him not worth the money he will probably be offered elsewhere. We rely so much on our tight ends. I think he is replaceable.
Yep I can us taking the top TE available in the 2nd or third

I see

1st FS
2. CB
2. DE
3. TE
4.WR
4NT
5.CB

My rough estimate of how we draft with our main picks Phone Post
3/11/13 5:54 PM
MyUnclesCreepy

If we don't sign a DE expect the chiefs pick to draft a DE then our next 2. For a CB Phone Post
3/11/13 5:57 PM

MyUnclesCreepy - 
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz - so where is Delaney Walker headed? wish we could keep that guy :(
Tough to say if he can be resigned I'd be happy as fuck but he is quasi replaceable

My only gripe with Walker is you throw a 5 yard check down and he will drop it

Throw a 50 yard Bomb with 2 defenders on him and he gloves it like a pro for a td

Shit is frustrating lol Phone Post

yep, he has remarkable hands like a WR, whoever signs him gets the biggest steal of free agency imho.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.