UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WTF? Belfort says Jones is "greatest of all time"?

8/28/12 10:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
G1GAH3ART
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/28/12 11:10 AM

Inside MMA interview of Bas Rutten and Kenny Rice to UFC 152 light heavyweight title challenger Vitor Belfort:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P247sNzjQ3E&feature=player_embedded

Transcript:

“It’s a journey, I accomplished a lot of things in my life. I accomplished the tournament, I fight two guys, I’m the youngest champion ever, I’m fighting the youngest champion in the new generation."

"I’m the old lion, he’s the young lion, but I’m hungry... I’m just so pleasured to fight a guy like Jon Jones, being the greatest fighter of all time. He’s improving the sport, he’s a young guy with a lot of abilities, so it’s such an honour for a guy like me, whose been around for 17 years to fight a guy like Jon Jones."

"Bro... we are old school guys... A lot of fighters today they are more into the sport, the new generation, they’re getting prepared, they’re studying their opponents. We are the type of fighters that adapted to fight. We’re ready to fight, tomorrow, in the gym. I used to fight in the Carlson Gracie time and we fight every day in the gym. So taking this fight in such short notice and going up a division, it’s an awesome journey in myself."

"I cannot judge anyone. Everyone knows how to deal with their careers, how to deal with the organisation. The way I deal with the organisation is that when they need me, I’ll be there. And that’s the way I do it. And I don’t criticise other people because nobody can decide better than yourself for making a decision."

"I’m not going to be here judging anybody, especially Jon Jones’ camp and himself. He fought all the champions; that guy isn’t scared of anyone and I know that for sure.”
8/28/12 10:59 AM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*~* Phone Post
8/28/12 10:59 AM
JakeTheMuss
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not really that farfetched considering his history with Anderson. Phone Post
8/28/12 11:01 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He'll probably retire as the GOAT to be honest Phone Post
8/28/12 11:05 AM
Willin_But_Not_Chaeble
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight promotion 101, homie.

If Vitor wins then he beats the "GOAT."

Step yo' game up. He's a veteran trying to sell PPV's.
8/28/12 11:10 AM
Elrond Hubbard

Vitor's being humble. Trying to out jesus Jones.
8/28/12 11:20 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the opposite of disrespect
8/28/12 11:28 AM
orcus

Fighter says my pick for GOAT is GOAT: "See, the pro fighters say it, it must be true; who cares if some keyboard warrior disagrees?"

Fighter says someone else is GOAT: *creates wtf thread*
8/28/12 11:33 AM
BackInBlack

Id say that too. Think about it. The guy has the belt and you want the belt and you're gonna be fighting the guy. If
You tell everyone he is the best ever and then beat him that makes you the best ever, if you lose it's like oh well I just lost to the best ever Phone Post
8/28/12 11:36 AM
hockey fighter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well he just might be, bro. Phone Post
8/28/12 11:37 AM
peppo

I believe he is the best of all time, but not the greatest. Which means skillwise I think he is the best ever, but he hasn't got the legacy yet. Not far away though.
8/28/12 11:47 AM
hockey fighter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warzone209 -  Who else is making Lyoto/Shad/Shogun look like white Belts.
Anderson Silva has looked MUCH more spectacular than BONEs.

Anderson KOs are beautiful to watch.

Johnny Jones squeeked by Rashad, Idk what makes you think he looked like a "white belt" lol.
And Forrest Griffen has made Shogun look like a white belt.
He also took out Rampage too. Phone Post
8/28/12 11:53 AM
orcus

" Johnny Jones squeeked by Rashad"

He clearly won every single round and rocked Rashad several times.

"
He also took out Rampage too. "

Let me get this straight: Jones "squeaked by Rashad", but Forrest "took out" Rampage with his enormously controversial decision?

8/28/12 11:56 AM
Bloody Pregnancy Fluids
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson is a more beautiful and exciting fighter.

Jon Jones is the goat.
8/28/12 12:11 PM
Racer X
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elrond Hubbard - Vitor's being humble. Trying to out jesus Jones.

They were outed a long time ago.  
8/28/12 12:12 PM
Seamus619

Vitor is being respectful.
8/28/12 12:29 PM
G1GAH3ART

JakeTheMuss -  Not really that farfetched considering his history with Anderson. Phone Post

Yeah that's most likely it. Anderson Silva made Vitor a #1 highlight reel in his list of KOs.

This is just an absurd claim. Jones has THREE title defenses, Anderson has TEN, this alone would makes the comparison lopsided. This is like comparing LeBron James (Jones) to Michael Jordan (Anderson). Not to Anderson's undefeated in the UFC, Jones isn't. Along with everything else Anderson's ever done.

And when Anderson fights, I mean when he's really on, his KO's are beyond this world something Jones couldn't ever equal much less surpass. Really Jones looked awkward when he imitated Anderson's "Matrix Hands Down" stuff when he fought Rashad Evans.
8/28/12 12:35 PM
TecHNieK

Warzone209 - 
hockey fighter - 

Johnny Jones squeeked by Rashad, Idk what makes you think he looked like a "white belt" lol.

Did you miss Chael vs Anderson 1? chael took every round but the last 20 seconds of that fight...JBJ has only lost 1 round to lyoto and nothing really happened that round lol. 

P.S. wake me when JBJ gets Subbed out by a WWe Flying Heel Hook......

.JBJ has only lost 1 round to lyoto..

yet.. he is still very young in his career and before cheal anderson walked thru every1
8/28/12 12:36 PM
TecHNieK

their will be someone one day that WILL have JBJ's number
8/28/12 12:42 PM
thefaint
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hockey fighter -

Jones has fought much tougher competition and is still very early in his career. I doubt we'll ever see another run as incredible as the one he's had up till this point. I don't like him at all, but he's the goat. Phone Post
8/28/12 12:51 PM
percycanfight

Dude the guy can't be GOAT. Jones is doing big things for himself that is true. Taking out Vitor in spectacular fashion would better build it. But Silva's UFC career is far greater then what bones has accomplished to date.

Andy defeated hendo by RNC in the second. Jones would have to finish him in the first. Andy defeated Cheal by triangle in the 5th an by tko in the 2. So Jones will have to top the tko in the 2nd. And Andy front kicked Vitor in the first, so Jones needs a 60-90 sec KO to top Andy. Phone Post
8/28/12 12:53 PM
nightkap
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warzone209 -
G1GAH3ART - 
JakeTheMuss -  Not really that farfetched considering his history with Anderson. Phone Post

Yeah that's most likely it. Anderson Silva made Vitor a #1 highlight reel in his list of KOs.

This is just an absurd claim. Jones has THREE title defenses, Anderson has TEN, this alone would makes the comparison lopsided. This is like comparing LeBron James (Jones) to Michael Jordan (Anderson). Not to Anderson's undefeated in the UFC, Jones isn't. Along with everything else Anderson's ever done.

And when Anderson fights, I mean when he's really on, his KO's are beyond this world something Jones couldn't ever equal much less surpass. Really Jones looked awkward when he imitated Anderson's "Matrix Hands Down" stuff when he fought Rashad Evans.

James Irvin, patty cote, thales leties,maia (ran out of the division) Idno man JBJ's competition looks a bit more rougher.
As does your grammar..."more rougher"?? Really??
Andy has beat the entire 185 div, and 2 205ers. 10 title defenses, a KO reel a mile long, and holds just about every single record the UFC has....
Yeah...jbj is better. Phone Post
8/28/12 12:54 PM
Authority Figure

Bloody Pregnancy Fluids - Anderson is a more beautiful and exciting fighter.

Jon Jones is the goat.

huh?

Why are people trying to find something negative or devious in Belfort's words? He's always professed to be and carried himself as if he is a respectful Christian fighter. He's also been pretty darn honest over the years about what and who he likes or doesn't like and why. He doesn't try to "sell fights". He leaves that to the promoters or the other fighter. I think ought to leave this one be.

As for who comparing Anderson and Jones, he's simply saying that based on how well he has done so far, he will eclipse all others. It's more a prediction than a statement about Jones' present stature.

I swear some of you claim to dislike trolls, look down on OGers, then you come here and you act so nasty and childish.

Do I think Belfort has a chance of winning? No. Do I think he is the "GOAT"? No. Do I think he a decent, honest, straight shooter who's words ought to be left alone? Yes.
8/28/12 12:56 PM
VictorG

In my books JBJ is not close to G o a t, his journey tho sure do look bright.
8/28/12 12:56 PM
JamyS26
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He already took the GOAT's foot to his face. Must've forgot. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.