UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> 1 hour of Borderlands 2 gameplay

9/1/12 7:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Flexo
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll try the online thing, thanks brah. Phone Post
9/1/12 8:28 PM
sewich
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Flexo - Got pinned down by a bunch of fuckers in Borderlands 1, making the game unplayable without restarting. Just bought it and barely got into it, fucking cheesed. Too used to Fallout where I can go wherever I want without worrying. Wandered too deep into some building, now I'm fucked. Erg Phone Post
Same thing happened to me. Killed the final boss of the quest I was on but was left with little health and no ammo and now I can't get our because there's are a shitload of big armored fucks blocking the way out. Gave up. Phone Post
9/1/12 10:53 PM
HanzoSword
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cant wait for this game, the first borderlands game was my favorite of all time

still not sure what class im going to start as but im leaning towards either the assassin or the soldier

whose going to be playing this on ps3?
9/3/12 5:03 AM
UGCTT_Jobe Watson's Butler
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the islander - Just preordered my copy!
Very nice. I had the game pre ordered for the 360 last September, which I don't think it had a release date then. Also pre ordered the Vault Hunter's Edition for the PC about a month or two ago. Phone Post
9/3/12 2:42 PM
The Adversary
564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HanzoSword - cant wait for this game, the first borderlands game was my favorite of all time

still not sure what class im going to start as but im leaning towards either the assassin or the soldier

Be on PS3, can't wait. GT: ODB1Kenobi
9/3/12 8:18 PM
LittleKang
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HanzoSword - cant wait for this game, the first borderlands game was my favorite of all time

the least likely for me is gunzerker. He looks like to me to provide the least amount to the group with his dual weilding
Id be fine with any of the others Phone Post
9/4/12 10:50 AM
BigWilliam
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Flexo - 
BigWilliam - Flexo how did that happen? You know when you restart that you will spawn at the nearest spawn point right? That should have you completely out of danger.

Otherwise you can play online, you will appear where ever the host is currently at, then go back to single player and you will be in the same place, not where you left off.
Really?? I went into this building for a mission and after the mission I kept exploring. The spawn point is on the second floor of the building and theres holes in the floor eerywhere. Every time i spawn theres about 10-15 guys right there waiting for me and they fuck my shit up right away. No can defend, no way out. Phone Post

So jump online then. You will spawn where the host is at and be out of danger. Or host the game online, ask for help and someone a little higher level get you out of there.
9/4/12 10:54 AM
BigWilliam
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where is this building by the way? I cannot think of what building you would be stuck in.
9/4/12 12:42 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Borderlands is fun co-op and I love the visual style, but the gameplay isn't actually that good. The aiming feels crappy, the shooting feels weak with no impact, the enemies have zero AI and aren't much fun to shoot because all they do is run straight forward or run around in random patterns, with no hit reactions at all most of the time. The main appeal of the gameplay is just the usual addictive leveling/loot that every RPG has. There's no tension to the game both because it's easy and because you'll just respawn immediately.
9/4/12 3:15 PM
BigWilliam

I disagree. I am not saying that it is that difficult, or that the AI has great strategy. But the game has something so few other shooters get right these days. It's FUN. It's just straight up fun. Screaming psycho coming at you on fire, level the machine gun and blow him to bits while laughing maniacally FUN.
9/4/12 6:04 PM
LittleKang
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - I disagree. I am not saying that it is that difficult, or that the AI has great strategy. But the game has something so few other shooters get right these days. It's FUN. It's just straight up fun. Screaming psycho coming at you on fire, level the machine gun and blow him to bits while laughing maniacally FUN.
exactly. Borderlands is based more for rpg then fps shooter. And really because borderlands is meant to be fun then the fps is actually better then the cheap ass shooters that try to be realistic yet have incredibly cheap tactics used by spazzy kids (cod anyone) Phone Post
9/5/12 9:39 AM
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/5/12 12:17 PM
orcus

BigWilliam - I disagree. I am not saying that it is that difficult, or that the AI has great strategy. But the game has something so few other shooters get right these days. It's FUN. It's just straight up fun. Screaming psycho coming at you on fire, level the machine gun and blow him to bits while laughing maniacally FUN.

All I know is my friends and I switched to the "terrorist hunt" mode of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 last week and it was 1000x more fun than Borderlands because there's actual tension and difficulty, and the shooting feels (relatively) good.

We had fun with Borderlands (we've been playing it for months now 4 player co-op, with each of us also having previously played through it), but that's more just because we were all playing together. The basic gameplay mechanics themselves are just hugely lacking imo.

Whatevs. Still getting 2. Although personally I'll just be counting the minutes until Halo 4.
9/5/12 2:02 PM
BigWilliam

Cover based shooters are boring. I want a ridiculous weapon that fires bullets that turn into rockets and explode into fireballs! Waves of screaming psychos and bodies piled so high I can use them as shade to take a nap behind!
9/5/12 2:23 PM
UGCTT_Jobe Watson's Butler
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - Cover based shooters are boring. I want a ridiculous weapon that fires bullets that turn into rockets and explode into fireballs! Waves of screaming psychos and bodies piled so high I can use them as shade to take a nap behind!
I like your style! Phone Post
9/5/12 3:14 PM
orcus

BigWilliam - Cover based shooters are boring. I want a ridiculous weapon that fires bullets that turn into rockets and explode into fireballs! Waves of screaming psychos and bodies piled so high I can use them as shade to take a nap behind!

Don't the bodies disappear very quickly in Borderlands? :P
9/5/12 3:16 PM
BigWilliam

All the more reason to shoot more orcus! The piles of bodies must be replenished!
9/5/12 3:53 PM
orcus

Is there any game where they stick around? I feel like I've played some stuff this gen where they did. Left 4 Dead maybe? I 'm pretty sure they do in the Halos although off the top of my head I can't remember for sure.
9/5/12 4:23 PM
LittleKang

orcus -  Is there any game where they stick around? I feel like I've played some stuff this gen where they did. Left 4 Dead maybe? I 'm pretty sure they do in the Halos although off the top of my head I can't remember for sure.
the best would be if the bodies piled up and enemies had to crawl over there dead to get to you Phone Post
9/5/12 7:10 PM
BigWilliam

I cannot think of any off the top of my head.
9/6/12 10:54 PM
Flexo
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The bodies usually stick around in Fallout, I used to put them in barrells that were on fire with pylons on top to mark places I've been lol. Phone Post
9/7/12 11:01 AM
BigWilliam

Good point, the bodies there do stick around for a long time. Sometimes I got back to an area much later and they are still there, sometimes they are still even twitching, Deathclaws are bad for that.
9/7/12 2:33 PM
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Another...

9/7/12 9:33 PM
WikiTheWalrus
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sewich - 
Flexo - Got pinned down by a bunch of fuckers in Borderlands 1, making the game unplayable without restarting. Just bought it and barely got into it, fucking cheesed. Too used to Fallout where I can go wherever I want without worrying. Wandered too deep into some building, now I'm fucked. Erg Phone Post
Same thing happened to me. Killed the final boss of the quest I was on but was left with little health and no ammo and now I can't get our because there's are a shitload of big armored fucks blocking the way out. Gave up. Phone Post

How is that even possible? You start at the closest teleport point. Unless you haven't started the teleport system, you can just port to wherever you want. Even if you haven't started it yet, you can just go to the previous area because at that point they are all right next to the teleporter for those levels.

Besides, you can always just run by virtually everyone in the game without getting killed.
9/8/12 5:41 PM
WikiTheWalrus

I was playing with the skill tree builder. Axton seems to be the only one that has a super solid build at 50. the Siren has a decent healer build. Zero has a decent melee build. The Gunzerker seems to have the worst of the possible builds.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.