9/9/12 7:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Forever12er
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
9/9/12 8:37 PM
LittleKang
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WikiTheWalrus - I was playing with the skill tree builder. Axton seems to be the only one that has a super solid build at 50. the Siren has a decent healer build. Zero has a decent melee build. The Gunzerker seems to have the worst of the possible builds.
Siren can also use the status to employ elemental
Zero also can be used as a sniper.

But agree gunzerker is the useless class Phone Post
9/9/12 9:39 PM
WikiTheWalrus
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang - 
WikiTheWalrus - I was playing with the skill tree builder. Axton seems to be the only one that has a super solid build at 50. the Siren has a decent healer build. Zero has a decent melee build. The Gunzerker seems to have the worst of the possible builds.
Siren can also use the status to employ elemental
Zero also can be used as a sniper.

But agree gunzerker is the useless class Phone Post

I know, but those builds require the use of conditional skills. I prefer builds where the character has all skills available all of the time or ones where the action skill is augmented and the goal is to spam the action skill. Otherwise, the skills from the tree are wasted when the condition isn't met.
9/9/12 10:23 PM
Card
2692 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Wiki - what's your axton build look like?
9/10/12 11:32 AM
Card
2692 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More...
9/10/12 5:49 PM
Flexo
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WikiTheWalrus -
sewich - 
Flexo - Got pinned down by a bunch of fuckers in Borderlands 1, making the game unplayable without restarting. Just bought it and barely got into it, fucking cheesed. Too used to Fallout where I can go wherever I want without worrying. Wandered too deep into some building, now I'm fucked. Erg Phone Post
Same thing happened to me. Killed the final boss of the quest I was on but was left with little health and no ammo and now I can't get our because there's are a shitload of big armored fucks blocking the way out. Gave up. Phone Post

How is that even possible? You start at the closest teleport point. Unless you haven't started the teleport system, you can just port to wherever you want. Even if you haven't started it yet, you can just go to the previous area because at that point they are all right next to the teleporter for those levels.

Besides, you can always just run by virtually everyone in the game without getting killed.
I'm literally pinned against a wall an theres about 15 guys all shooting at once. I have to try the things you guys recommended. I'm still new to the game so don't know everything about it, maybe I'm not so stuck. Phone Post
9/10/12 10:30 PM
HanzoSword
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im "salto_king" on ps3 if anyone wants to party up for borderlands 2
9/10/12 11:43 PM
WikiTheWalrus
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card -  Hi Wiki - what's your axton build look like?

I have 2. this is my first one that I will probably use to solo through the first playthrough quickly so I can get my badass rank built-up and start getting higher grade weapons faster.

This is a survival build. Since it sacrifices Axton's damage for Shield boosts and turret abilities, spamming the action skill is key.

Axton Build 1 (Survival & Turret Spamming)

Survival Branch
Preparation 5
Pressure 5
Phalanx Shield 1
Quick Charge 3
Healthy 1
Resourceful 5
(Next 5 in Survival is a toss-up. Healthy, Quick Charge, and Mag-Lock are all good choices.)
Mag-Lock 1
Healthy 4
Gemini 1

Gunpowder Branch
Impact 5
(Toss-up between Expertise and Metal Storm. Ex is questionable until I can see how it plays. Metal Storm is conditional, but worked well in my soldier build from Borderland 1)
Metal Storm 5
Longbow Turret 1

Guerilla Branch
Sentry 5
(The Final 3 can be in any of the remaining Guerilla Skills and still make for a good build. Since this is an action skill heavy build I will put them in Laser Sight.)
Laser Sight 3

End Stats
Axton
Shield Capacity +15%
Health regen 2% when shields full
Max Health +30%
Reload Speed up to +70% (depending on health)
Shield Recharge Delay up to +60% (depending on health)
Shield regen +3% (conditional – triggered by killing an enemy)
Gun Damage +20%
Melee Damage +15%
Fire rate + 60% (conditional – triggered by killing an enemy)
Recoil reduction +75 % (conditional – triggered by killing an enemy)

Turret
Increased cooldown rate 25%
Duration +10 seconds
Shots fired per burst +5
Accuracy +30%
Deploy Range +10000%
Turret Health +110%
Protective Shield added
Deploy on Walls and Ceiling added
Second deployable turret added
9/11/12 12:03 AM
WikiTheWalrus

Axton Build 2 (Run & Gun)
This build is all about running and gunning. Mass body counts mean more firepower, so keep on killing. This will probably be my Axton multiplayer build.

Gunpowder Branch
Impact 5
Metal Storm 5
Steady 5
Battlefront 5
Ranger 5
Nuke 1

Guerilla Branch
Ready 5
Willing 5
Onslaught 5

Survival Branch
Preparation 4

End Results
Axton

Gun Damage +25% (additional +30% conditional – triggered when Turret is deployed)(additional +30% conditional – triggered when enemy killed) Max when turret deployed and enemy killed = +85%

Melee Damage +15% (additional +30% conditional – triggered when Turret is deployed) Max =45%

Grenade Damage +30% (conditional – triggered when Turret is deployed)

Fire Rate +5% (additional +60% conditional – triggered when enemy killed) Max = 65%

Recoil Reduction +40% (additional +75% conditional – triggered when enemy killed) Max = 115%

Accuracy +5%
Crit Damage +5%
Mag Size +5%
Reload Speed +45%
Max Health +5%
Shield Recharge +75%
Shield Delay -60%
Shield Capacity +12%
Health Regen +1.6% (conditional – triggered when shields are full)
Movement Speed +60% (conditional – triggered when enemy killed)

Turret
Nuke explosion when deployed.
9/11/12 9:05 AM
Card

more...

9/11/12 10:22 AM
Willybone
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One week to go!
I am dying for this game to get here.

9/11/12 10:28 AM
BigWilliam
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The idea of having two turrets popping up and dropping a nuke is just too awesome. I think I am going to have to start with Axton.
9/11/12 11:19 AM
LittleKang
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - The idea of having two turrets popping up and dropping a nuke is just too awesome. I think I am going to have to start with Axton.
You guys better not be going to the midnight release! I want a team to start at the same time Phone Post
9/11/12 11:26 AM
BigWilliam
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have it pre-ordered on Steam. Will start downloading it as soon as I can. I do have to work inthe morning, so most likely I will not be playing until later in the afternoon.
9/13/12 11:51 AM
Card

9/14/12 10:22 AM
Card

9/14/12 3:58 PM
Card

9/14/12 4:21 PM
BigWilliam

Pre-loaded and ready to rock come the 18th.
9/16/12 9:30 PM
Card

9/16/12 9:42 PM
the gay islander
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thank you Card for posting all these videos. I cannot fucking wait another day for this game. I decided to go with the Gunzerker. 
9/17/12 8:46 AM
Willybone
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Preordered. I'm setting my alarm for midnight so I can push the Steam Install button.
9/17/12 10:14 AM
BigWilliam

You can pre-download it Willybone. Get it set up so all you need is the go ahead.
9/17/12 10:17 AM
Willybone

BigWilliam - You can pre-download it Willybone. Get it set up so all you need is the go ahead.

Oh man!
Why did I not know that?!
As soon as I get home, top priority.
9/17/12 7:01 PM
DJN72
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post
9/17/12 7:09 PM
the gay islander
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm gonna pick Salvador. Gonna focus on gunzerking with my skill tree

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.