UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> 1 hour of Borderlands 2 gameplay

9/19/12 1:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
moiststpierre
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edit its the right thread Phone Post
9/19/12 9:44 AM
BigWilliam
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did the same thing. There should be some kind of warning on that thing.
9/19/12 9:45 AM
LittleKang
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Started a gunzerker class with some other friends as they started late. Using the rampage tree but havent got far at all in it Phone Post
9/19/12 10:02 AM
Willybone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is that why those two guns were so fucking awesome?
I was hoping 265 round magazines were common.
9/19/12 10:42 AM
LittleKang
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willybone - Is that why those two guns were so fucking awesome?
I havent even seen any sort of mini guns yet Phone Post
9/19/12 11:29 AM
Willybone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LittleKang - 
Willybone - Is that why those two guns were so fucking awesome?
I havent even seen any sort of mini guns yet Phone Post

It's not. It's an shock elemental assault rifle with ridiculously huge magazine. I was only level 10 when I grabbed it.
It's funny that yesteday I made a comment about a minutes-long stream of bullets, and now I realize some guns don't even need a dozen skill perks to do it.

Also got a 208 damage Jakobs sniper.

Last night, I found a portapotty with a "Dook hut. No fapping!" sign.
I lol'd.
9/19/12 8:51 PM
WikiTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's everyone focusing their badass ranks on?

I'm doing (in order of priority) gun damage/accuracy, shield capacity/rate, health, fire rate, melee damage.
9/19/12 11:13 PM
LittleKang

WikiTheWalrus - What's everyone focusing their badass ranks on?

I'm doing (in order of priority) gun damage/accuracy, shield capacity/rate, health, fire rate, melee damage.
more or less spreading it over everything but more focus on shield regen and gun accuracy Phone Post
9/20/12 8:10 AM
UGCTT_Jobe Watson's Butler
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't used my key yet on the sanctuary chest. I plan on waiting until I get close to max. Phone Post
9/20/12 9:33 AM
BigWilliam
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WikiTheWalrus - What's everyone focusing their badass ranks on?

The same, except swap in reload speed and drop melee damage.
9/20/12 9:39 AM
Willybone

Found another belt-fed elemental assault rifle. 
I guess triple digit magazines are not all that rare.
'Zerking with two at a time is quite the light show.
9/20/12 10:32 AM
BigWilliam

The bandit technicals with the barrel catapult are great fun. If you wait til a rakk swoops down you can hit them with the barrel like a fly swatter.
9/22/12 6:40 PM
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very addicting game...have yet to find a strong SMG though..im only rank 12 though...

in Borderlands 1 you were eventually allowed to purchase more room for ammo..can u do that in the sequel?
9/22/12 9:10 PM
Willybone

Bry Bry - very addicting game...have yet to find a strong SMG though..im only rank 12 though...

in Borderlands 1 you were eventually allowed to purchase more room for ammo..can u do that in the sequel?

Ya, from Crazy Earl in Sanctuary, using those purple ingots.
9/22/12 9:21 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
430 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just building up my turret, it's pretty much more awesome that me. I've got a few second winds thanks to my turret picking up my slack. Phone Post
9/22/12 9:21 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
430 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*than Phone Post
9/22/12 9:32 PM
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jobe Watson the Bomber - *than Phone Post
Hey boss, what system do you play on? Phone Post
9/22/12 11:28 PM
WikiTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/23/12 12:46 AM
I've made a gunzerker, assassin, and commando now, just about to start the siren. Here's what I've found so far:

The Commando sucks if you focus on building up his skill tree instead of building up the turret.

Gunzerker is cool, but having low magazine size, high recoil, or high reload speeds on either of the weapons makes gunzerking almost useless, depending on the degree of crappiness thos stats have. With two high magazine, low recoil, low reload speed weapons, gunzerking is pretty sweet.

The assassin's skill is pretty sweet, too. Movement is decreased while in stealth, but when used at the right time it can be pretty awesome. I paired the skill with a pretty nice green Ratatatater and a shield with high recharge rate and low recharge delay. Now I can run through whole groups pretty easily. All I do is run in with the pistol, take out a few, when I my shield goes down go into stealth, then by the time I come out my shield is up again.<br /><br />So far I would gauge the assassin as the easiest to play and the commando the least fun.

EDIT: Just ran a siren up to lvl 5 so I could check out Phase Lock. It's pretty cool. I slaughtered Boom Bewm without any issues. I barely took a hit from either of them.
9/22/12 11:48 PM
Jobe Watson the Bomber

UGCTT_Jobe Watson's Butler -
360 Phone Post
9/22/12 11:52 PM

Jobe Watson the Bomber -
UGCTT_Jobe Watson's Butler -
360 Phone Post
If only I had Gold membership... Phone Post
9/23/12 1:59 AM
BigWilliam

I have to disagree about Axton. I have him focused on the survival tree and am 27 rolling along just fine. You have to play him with the right strategy.
9/23/12 3:48 AM

BOOM BITCHES!!!! I just beat the game with Salvador. Phone Post
9/23/12 5:48 AM
UGCTT_OBEY
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm playing with Axton now and I think he fits me well
I run into crowded groups throw my turret and run away and pic everyone off with a sniper

Also I was new this was one of the greatest games I've played in a while simply because of the dialog for ex.

Baddass "I'm going to destroy you"

Me*blast his head off* "cool story bro" Phone Post
9/23/12 9:16 AM
WikiTheWalrus

BigWilliam - I have to disagree about Axton. I have him focused on the survival tree and am 27 rolling along just fine. You have to play him with the right strategy.

I went survival,too. I can survive, but clearing out areas takes a bit longer.

What's your strategy? I snipe, switch to close combat weapons, pop turret, then run and gun as needed.
9/23/12 9:20 AM
WikiTheWalrus

Chareth Cutestory - 
UGCTT_Jobe Watson's Butler -  I haven't used my key yet on the sanctuary chest. I plan on waiting until I get close to max. Phone Post

I read that the golden chest only gives purple gear. When you are close to max you should be fully equipped with orange.

I've been thinking about this. Sweet purples and oranges are a dime a dozen when level capped in the end game. Badass purples at low levels are very rare. I'm thinking it might be better to have a few low-level purples to hand down to my new characters than to have just another couple purples at 50.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.