UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> 1 hour of Borderlands 2 gameplay

9/23/12 10:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bogle1
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this game worth getting? never played the first one but tempted to get it
9/23/12 11:06 AM
UGCTT_Jobe Watson's Butler
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, has anyone been able to get their backpack space higher than 27 without cheating? Phone Post
9/23/12 12:38 PM
WikiTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xbox button > Marketplace > redeem code
9/23/12 10:46 PM
Bry Bry
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

even then with Axton i throw out my turret(which i spend 90% of skill points on) and i use sniper or rifle to pick off enemies from afar..if they get close i pull out my shotty..i find the SMGs to be useless..this is shocking as in borderlands 1 the main weapon i used was a powerful smg..
9/23/12 10:57 PM
the gay islander
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love my SMG's with the gunzerker. The elemental SMG's kick ass from close range. 
9/24/12 7:30 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone tried the Mechromancer class yet? Phone Post
9/24/12 8:53 AM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Anyone tried the Mechromancer class yet? Phone Post
It hasn't come out yet. Phone Post
9/24/12 9:42 AM
BigWilliam
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WikiTheWalrus - 
BigWilliam - I have to disagree about Axton. I have him focused on the survival tree and am 27 rolling along just fine. You have to play him with the right strategy.

I went survival,too. I can survive, but clearing out areas takes a bit longer.

What's your strategy? I snipe, switch to close combat weapons, pop turret, then run and gun as needed.

Well yeah, an area filled with bad guys takes a little time. I tend to use assault rifle/SMG at medium to close range, grenades (singularity grenades as a rule), throw the turret as needed. Fall back to cover and flank when possible to get two directions of fire on the enemy.

If the turret disappears before I have the advantage I fall back to cover, grenade and try to funnel them to a choke point for easier slaughter.

Also I make a lot of use of the goliaths. Ping that helmet in a crowd, or hell, take the helmet and run past through a crowd and they will follow you in and dismantle it for you.
9/24/12 10:04 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Jobe Watson's Butler -
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - Anyone tried the Mechromancer class yet? Phone Post
It hasn't come out yet. Phone Post
Just realised that lol.

I'll probably give it a go when it comes out. Phone Post
9/24/12 10:12 AM
UncannySage
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Decided to play with a different play style and went with Zero. Am a level 8 and can already hit over a 1000 damage with the entry level sniper rifle.

Have the sniper rifle with a Crit Bonus
Go Deception > 200% Gun Damage, 250% Crit Damage
Put inital points into Headshot bonus for additional Crit Bonus.

LOL.
9/24/12 11:05 AM
BigWilliam
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a real good run with a player using Zero once we got our tactics down. I would run into the mob, throw turret and dash to cover for flanking fire while he gave covering fire from a good sniping spot.
9/24/12 2:34 PM
NotsoMightySkull
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This game is awesome.
I cant find a good Rifle at all. Most pistols I find are worthless because of the low number of shots or slow rate of fire, even the elemental ones are not that great.

Sub machine guns are nice.
I have 2 nice High damage shotguns.

Playing Zer0

Cloak, get behind baddy, Shoot, crit, slash.

I spent my points on melee and crit. Melee is nice for second wind when the baddie is close.

9/24/12 5:47 PM
LittleKang
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont know what the fuck i did but in a circle of slaughter i killed a loot midget and it got me over 3 mill in cash Phone Post
9/24/12 11:20 PM
HanzoSword
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone else playing as zero?

i started by putting my skill points into the bloodshed tree but recently ive started putting alot into the cunning tree as well

9/24/12 11:34 PM
the gay islander
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sirens are the best teammates
9/25/12 9:42 AM
BigWilliam

LittleKang -  Dont know what the fuck i did but in a circle of slaughter i killed a loot midget and it got me over 3 mill in cash Phone Post

I think drops are randomized, you just got really lucky with the roll of the digital dice. Nice work.

Sirens are good teammates, that time stop ability can really be handy for taking out a nasty enemy.

I have two turrets with force fields now, an excellent upgrade.

I don't like that zones you have cleared level up with you. I always have liked going back to the old zones and pimp slapping the bad guys around a little.
9/25/12 11:51 AM
LittleKang
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam -
LittleKang -  Dont know what the fuck i did but in a circle of slaughter i killed a loot midget and it got me over 3 mill in cash Phone Post

I think drops are randomized, you just got really lucky with the roll of the digital dice. Nice work.

Sirens are good teammates, that time stop ability can really be handy for taking out a nasty enemy.

I have two turrets with force fields now, an excellent upgrade.

I don't like that zones you have cleared level up with you. I always have liked going back to the old zones and pimp slapping the bad guys around a little.
I love guerilla tree turret so much. It works perfectly for two reasons, first is absolutely demolishing crowds of enemies in a flash and secondly provides perfect cover to get downed opponents. Then the secondary skills for increase health and shield regen is awesome at keeping you alive Phone Post
9/25/12 4:01 PM
Bry Bry

is there an actually story to this game??im towards the end and i try to listen to the Echos and digest what my partners are saying but much of it is gibberish..something about handsome Jack trying to get into the vault...umm, is that it or am i missing much more?

oh and one annoying thing are the exploding barrels in every section of the game..wtf, are they put there to help you or hurt you?

yes, killing those looting midgets will give you a ton of money every time...

"two really good purple smgs"

how strong are they, damage inflicted?the strongest smg i have seen so far has damage around 220 and that makes them pointless to use when i can fire a revolver doing 400 plus damage almost as fast..
9/25/12 4:40 PM
BigWilliam

I have an SMG that does 360 with a big ammo clip and good accuracy.

Barrels are there to hurt or help, depends on how they get used. ;)

There is a story, the problem I run into is half the time someone is giving exposition I am in the middle of a fire fight and miss what they are saying.

Basically, Handsome Jack took over Hyperion and now he is trying to use the vault key to wake up this giant alien tech WMD and use it to destroy Pandora and rule the galaxy.
9/26/12 5:00 AM

BigWilliam - I have an SMG that does 360 with a big ammo clip and good accuracy.

Barrels are there to hurt or help, depends on how they get used. ;)

There is a story, the problem I run into is half the time someone is giving exposition I am in the middle of a fire fight and miss what they are saying.

Basically, Handsome Jack took over Hyperion and now he is trying to use the vault key to wake up this giant alien tech WMD and use it to destroy Pandora and rule the galaxy.
Handsome Jack is an ass. Phone Post
9/26/12 11:43 AM
BigWilliam

I found a decent rifle, does 1470 damage. The only problem is it eats four ammo per shot, sixteen rounds in the clip. So a lot of reload overhead.
9/26/12 10:36 PM
Bry Bry

just beat the game, pretty disappointed in the final boss battle...it seemed like it took forever..

9/26/12 11:35 PM
Bry Bry

also what is True Vault Hunter mode??is it basically just where the enemies are stronger?anything changed from the first time around?
9/27/12 9:31 AM
BigWilliam

It's basically just the second play through from the first one. I just started and so far it is the same.

Yeah fighting the Warrior was really just get cover and chip away at it's massive hit point count.
9/27/12 11:24 AM
Willybone
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/27/12 11:26 AM

^ Sounds just like the first one.

I know in the first game, every time you finished the game (beat vault monster), the enemies would level up.

I finished it 3 times with Roland and the bad guys started getting ridiculous huge.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.