UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evans: Jones failed his responsibility as champion

8/28/12 7:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Gunter Vogler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warzone209 - 
Gunter Vogler - 
LilBrockonmychest -  "Not only that, you became champion of the UFC through circumstances like this."

Would people quit fucking saying this.  Jon Jones was 12-0 going into the Bader fight (not counting the Hammil 'loss') and fighting a guy, Bader, who was 5-0 in the UFC.  Jones was 6-0 in the UFC in the LHW division and had DESTROYED all 6 opponents.  He had 100% earned his title shot.  Chael was 2-2 in his last 4 in the MIDDLEWEIGHT division and lost 2 of his last 3 in the LHW division, getting finished in both.  Oh, and that was 6-7 years ago. 

And why do people keep bringing up what you just brought up?

Jones didn't refuse to fight because Chael Sonnen hadn't "earned it".

Jones refused to fight PERIOD.

Considering he said he would fight chael at 152 after a short training camp I think you got your facts mixed up there.

I'm talking about UFC 151, genius.

He didn't refuse the fight at 151 because Sonnen wasn't worthy (not that it's even his place or business to decide who is worthy or deserving of a shot-it's NOT-it's not his belt, it's the UFCs).

He refused to fight ANYONE else they would have come up with for UFC 151.
8/28/12 7:55 PM
Damasta Shonuff
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didnt read the article, but I bet I can sum it up regardless: "I still hate Jones, he beat me and so I will take this opportunity to keep hating on him. Oh yeah, and fuck Greg Jackson!"
8/28/12 7:58 PM
Kirik
1663 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Follow me, on Twitter
 Best response to this whole thing I have read to date. That is came from a guy who could have just said "Yah, told ya so" is truly impressive.
8/28/12 7:58 PM
formerspook
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warzone209 -
formerspook - 
Warzone209 -  Yes I'm sure Blaf was pissed off he was Sponsoring a #3 P4P in the world Undisputed Champion...
I was unaware that Jones wore a shirt and hat that said "Dana White" on it. Any fighter that wears nothing but UFC gear isn't selling UFC gear to the uninitiated of the sport. Most people see it a a generic brand. Anyone you talk to that doesn't follow it like the UG sees MMA = UFC. Not the other way around. Phone Post

JBJ was walking around with UFC apparel..That advertises more for the UFC to the casual fans which creates more revenue for Zuffa Inc which makes Dana's pockets fatter hard concept to understand?
That's just stupid. Why do sponsors pay fighters? Condom depot on shirts?
"Never heard of Condom Depot, I'll go online and check them out".
"What's Muscle Pharm? Dunno, let's look them up".
If you're already watching the UFC, there's no fucking need to advertise it on a shirt.
Pepsi sponsors the NFL because when you're watching a commercial dying the game, it makes you want a Pepsi. The NFL doesn't sponsor itself, because you're already watching the fucking NFL. You understand? It's basic marketing. Phone Post
8/28/12 8:04 PM
formerspook
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warzone209 -
formerspook - 
Warzone209 -
formerspook - 
Warzone209 -  Yes I'm sure Blaf was pissed off he was Sponsoring a #3 P4P in the world Undisputed Champion...
I was unaware that Jones wore a shirt and hat that said "Dana White" on it. Any fighter that wears nothing but UFC gear isn't selling UFC gear to the uninitiated of the sport. Most people see it a a generic brand. Anyone you talk to that doesn't follow it like the UG sees MMA = UFC. Not the other way around. Phone Post

JBJ was walking around with UFC apparel..That advertises more for the UFC to the casual fans which creates more revenue for Zuffa Inc which makes Dana's pockets fatter hard concept to understand?
If you're already watching the UFC, there's no fucking need to advertise it on a shirt.
Pepsi sponsors the NFL because when you're watching a commercial dying the game, it makes you want a Pepsi. The NFL doesn't sponsor itself, because you're already watching the fucking NFL. You understand? It's basic marketing. Phone Post

Look If some mother sees UFC sweater she will just be like whatever But if her son watches UFC and she sees a champion wearing it she's more likely to buy it because the kid will like it more because hey the champ wears it!!....mind blowing i know.
You really are just stupid aren't you? Your argument holds absolutely zero water. I feel dumber just for having interacted with you on this forum. Phone Post
8/28/12 8:09 PM
formerspook

Warzone209 -
formerspook - 
Warzone209 -
formerspook - 
Warzone209 -
formerspook - 

Look If some mother sees UFC sweater she will just be like whatever But if her son watches UFC and she sees a champion wearing it she's more likely to buy it because the kid will like it more because hey the champ wears it!!....mind blowing i know.
You really are just stupid aren't you? Your argument holds absolutely zero water. I feel dumber just for having interacted with you on this forum. Phone Post

Says the guy who brings up pepsi you can't wear pepsi...But whatever go to insults.. And when you are sponsored you usually wear the brand outside the octagon...Notice how Cain wears Lugz boots the people who sponsor him everywhere he goes...dont be stupid kid.
Wow. You actually had me going. Bravo, sir, bravo. Phone Post
8/28/12 8:10 PM
Alpha World Peace

Kirik -  Best response to this whole thing I have read to date. That is came from a guy who could have just said "Yah, told ya so" is truly impressive.
This. Phone Post
8/28/12 8:12 PM
Gunter Vogler

Warzone209 - 
formerspook - 
Warzone209 -
formerspook - 
Warzone209 -
formerspook - 

Says the guy who brings up pepsi you can't wear pepsi...But whatever go to insults.. And when you are sponsored you usually wear the brand outside the octagon...Notice how Cain wears Lugz boots the people who sponsor him everywhere he goes...dont be stupid kid.

No. Never. That's really creepy gay. Noticing what guys wear outside the octagon? Are you into guy's feet or something?
8/28/12 8:13 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTTruth.
8/28/12 8:18 PM
Lazer MMA

slugshot331 - Hasha laying down the truth.  Class act as always.

8/28/12 8:19 PM
Alpha World Peace

Dont feed the troll and thread hijacker warzone209. Hopefully he'll be banned soon. Phone Post
8/28/12 8:20 PM
formerspook

Alpha World Peace -  Dont feed the troll and thread hijacker warzone209. Hopefully he'll be banned soon. Phone Post

"Can't wear Pepsi"! I'll admit, he had me going.
8/28/12 8:25 PM
Kimbos Bread
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still think he had a shit eating smile while all this was happening.
8/28/12 8:26 PM
hellride
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree 100% with Rashad
8/28/12 8:29 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well said by rashad Phone Post
8/28/12 8:30 PM
Chimonos Revenge
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damasta Shonuff - Didnt read the article, but I bet I can sum it up regardless: "I still hate Jones, he beat me and so I will take this opportunity to keep hating on him. Oh yeah, and fuck Greg Jackson!"
Dont talk Phone Post
8/28/12 8:32 PM
madmav
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff

8/28/12 8:36 PM
HardHittingHeeb

I don't like Rashad from the time he's promoting a fight until the post-fight press conference is over. Outside that period of time he is a class act and a great guy.
8/28/12 8:36 PM
white

An in-shape Jon Jones destroys Sonnen - even if Chael had a full training camp. I can somewhat understand the inclination to want to have more time to gameplan against an opponent, but what does Chael do that much better than Hendo - or Evans? Not much, if anything I'd say. The only real difference is he fights southpaw, but I don't think Sonnen is fast enough, powerful enough - or in good enough shape to make a difference. Eight days [seems] like enough time to gameplan for Sonnen, to me (given his few fight camps). Phone Post
8/28/12 8:37 PM
BrckNoHitBk
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MPA2000 - Hey Rashad, you were only Champ for fifteen minutes before "pillowfists" KO'd that ass.

The only that saved you from being choked out by Jones, was because you were a better runner than Jones.

And yet them 15 minutes of his life is more than you will ever accomplish in your entire lifetime.
8/28/12 8:43 PM
KZTT_W85
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KrisDonahoo - Hasha = correct. Jon Jones just got served. Phone Post
^ Phone Post
8/28/12 8:50 PM
SOO72

Rashad just Sonned Jones, too bad they didn't remain friends Rashad would have been a good role model for him.
8/28/12 8:57 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

First I agree with Bisping, now Rashad?

This is no good. Phone Post
8/28/12 9:02 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -  Rashad is 100% correct:)

Cindy

100% agreed!
8/28/12 9:07 PM
Yun
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

be polite, you win
get angry and act out, you lose

I'm becoming more Rashad fan... I used to never like Rashad.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.