UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. comes to ABC.

8/28/12 9:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

augiemax.com

It was revealed earlier this month that Joss Whedon had signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios to, among other things, help develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. Today, Deadline has revealed that, now greenlit by ABC, the series will be titled "S.H.I.E.L.D." and will focus on the top secret defense organization featured throughout the Marvel cinematic universe.

Whedon will write the pilot alongside his brother, Jed Whedon, and Maurissa Tancharoen (who previously worked with Whedon on "Dollhouse" and "Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog". All three will also join Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb as executive producers. The site notes that Whedon may also direct the pilot, but that nothing is confirmed at this time.

Read more at ComingSoon.net
8/28/12 9:55 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

augiemax.com

8/28/12 10:52 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
538 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome, love Whedon Phone Post
8/29/12 2:47 AM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if Cobie will be on it (I hope not) or if they'll get someone new to be the asskicking little girl who beats up all the men.
8/29/12 2:56 AM
Augie Max

augiemax.com
ABC orders Marvel 'S.H.I.E.L.D' pilot
Project hails from 'Avengers' helmer Joss Whedon
By CYNTHIA LITTLETON

The Marvel universe is poised to invade ABC next year as the Alphabet as ordered a pilot for a drama involving the S.H.I.E.L.D. org featured in the summer blockbuster "The Avengers."

"Avengers" helmer Joss Whedon will co-write the pilot with his brother, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. If ordered to series, Jed Whedon and Tancharoen, alums of Joss Whedon's Fox series "Firefly," will serve as showrunners/exec producers with Jeffrey Bell. Marvel TV topper Jeph Loeb, an alum of Whedon's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," will also exec produce.

Details of the order were first reported by Deadline.

Joss Whedon, who appeared Tuesday night at the Writers Guild Theater as moderator of a Q and A with "Sleepwalk with Me" filmmakers Mike Birbiglia and Ira Glass, said the storyline for the proposed series will be largely "autonomous" from the "Avengers" sequel feature that is also in the works. The series will revolve around the activities of the top-secret S.H.I.E.L.D espionage org featured in "Avengers."

"Avengers" has been a B.O. juggernaut since its late-spring release, racking up more than $1.5 billion worldwide to date. Getting Marvel characters on ABC's air in primetime has been a priority for the Mouse ever since it acquired Marvel in 2009.

Source: Variety
8/29/12 9:25 AM
paw
1564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*prays this won't suck*
8/29/12 9:54 AM
BigWilliam
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While I hope this will be good and I like Whedon, pleasepleaseplease let him get over his fucking fetish and not have the show be about some skinny little waif that beats up guys all day. He really does his best work when he gets away from that (Firefly and Angel).
8/30/12 12:26 AM
sside maurice
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Firefly was plenty waifish.

The best Angel seasons were written by others.
8/30/12 12:46 AM
BIGWHITESEXY
1270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/30/12 12:47 AM
ALIAS BUT WITH WHEDON INSTEAD OF ABRAMS.   SHOULDN'T BE TOO BAD.  I HOPE.  
8/30/12 4:38 AM
Leigh
970 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is Stan Smith's dad standing next to SLJ? Phone Post
8/30/12 11:09 AM
BigWilliam
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sside maurice - Firefly was plenty waifish.

The best Angel seasons were written by others.

Firefly had a waif in it, but the show was more about Mal than River by far. He managed to keep the barefoot skinny chick stuff to a minimum.
9/2/12 10:05 PM
Augie Max

augiemax.com
IGN.com: Joss Whedon Talks S.H.I.E.L.D. and His Overall Marvel Deal
by Eric Goldman

On the heels of the big news that 
Joss Whedon is co-writing, producing and possibly directing a S.H.I.E.L.D. TV pilot for ABC, Whedon spoke to Vulture a bit about the project, along with his new role with Marvel – a three-year contract tying him to them exclusively when it comes to TV and film, which not only includes writing and directing Avengers 2, but advising on all the Marvel Cinematic Universe projects.

Mid-summer, Whedon expressed some hesitation about returning for Avengers 2, saying he might want to do a self-generated project first. Explaining what made him not only sign on, but sign on in a big way, he remarked that it was the size of the role that drew him in. Said Whedon, “It was part of what made it attractive to me. I loved the idea of being a consigliere. Every writer loves the idea of being able to go in and fix a problem and then leave without obligation. It's fun! I also love these characters and the Marvel universe, and I grew up reading the books, and I've been going back and reading the old books and realizing that they shaped my storytelling way more than I give them credit for. Now I'm starting up a TV show, which is something I really wanted to do, but I thought it wasn't going to be a part of my life for the next several years. It's like a tapas menus of projects that excite me, in addition to the Avengers sequel, which I'm excited for because I'm incredibly excited about the next story that I'm going to tell. For me, it's a huge win.

Read more at IGN.com
9/2/12 10:05 PM
Augie Max

Edited: 09/02/12 10:06 PM
augiemax.com

Hero Worship: One Nation, Under S.H.I.E.L.D.

Is Marvel stretching themselves thin?

I’ll start by saying that I’m 100% behind the Marvel/Joss Whedon S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series. I think it’s a spectacular idea and a great way to introduce less mainstream characters into the cinematic universe and more importantly, to audiences that don’t read comic books. S.H.I.E.L.D. stands as a great tool for giving fans that only know the Marvel Universe on screen a chance to assimilate to characters like Mockingbird, Jimmy Woo, or Jessica Drew. This is very exciting to me.

But there is a concern here, too. Like flying too close to the sun or something. I speculated a while back about life after The Avengers, suggesting that TV would be Marvel’s best bet for expansion. While that remains true, seeing the plans for Phase 2 and Marvel’s exclusive contract with Joss Whedon, it feels like Marvel is once again putting all of its eggs in one basket.

Read more at IGN.com

9/3/12 10:41 AM
KidPittsburgh
1230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dear God, please don't suck.
9/3/12 11:09 AM
Kneeblock
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What would be awesome is if you never see Fury. He's just this presence they refer to and the series focuses on the rank & file like Kirkman's Irredeemable Ant-Man series.
9/4/12 8:08 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please god include Nathan Fillion in this somehow Phone Post
9/4/12 10:39 AM
MM-eh
860 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How in the heck did I miss this thread?
9/4/12 10:56 AM
BigWilliam

So Joss is the man for Marvel, very interesting.
9/4/12 11:08 AM
paw
1564 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ -  Please god include Nathan Fillion in this somehow Phone Post

Cameo, maybe?   I'd like to see a cameo with Adam Baldwin.

*prays this won't suck*
9/4/12 1:16 PM
BIGWHITESEXY
1270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'D LIKE TO SEE A CAMEO OF THE HOFF AS EVIL NICK FURY FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION.
9/4/12 1:17 PM
BIGWHITESEXY

9/4/12 2:20 PM
BIGWHITESEXY

HEY GUYS JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T HEAR. 

9/5/12 4:08 AM
Juijitsuboxer
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you guys think they will do this show? SHIELD vs AIM, SHIELD vs HYDRA? ETC....

Will there every be a super powered hero or villain on the show or will it be all MILITARY + SCIENCE on both sides with a battle of good vs evil.

I could see it working like GI JOE, where SHIELD has the cool weapons, science, and technology and they fight terrorists such as AIM and HYDRA. They could do this without introducing ANY super powers into the show.
9/7/12 3:12 AM
BIGWHITESEXY

ONLY IF EVERY PLANE THEY SHOOT DOWN HAS A GUY PARACHUTE OUT OF IT TO SAFETY. 
9/7/12 3:18 AM
Leigh
970 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With snakes on the planes Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.