UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. comes to ABC.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/7/12 11:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigWilliam
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fillion could make a good Nick Fury as I doubt Sam Jackson will do a tv series. I could be wrong, maybe he will. Adam Baldwin as Dum Dum Duggan maybe?
9/7/12 4:06 PM
Juijitsuboxer
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you guys think of my suggestions? Do you think there will be ULTIMATES on this show?
9/12/12 4:36 PM
paw
1725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More info from http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/09/12/joss-whedon-s-h-i-e-l-d-tv-series/

We might not be seeing The Avengers 2 until 2015, but we’ll see Joss Whedon’s work in the Marvel Cinematic Universe before that time. The director is going to have his hands busy developing ABC’s recently greenlit S.H.I.E.L.D. television series, and that’s got Whedonites pretty excited.

In an interview with MTV News, Whedon said he’s “very far” in the process of making the show, with a “full framework, a full cast” and a full pitch that ABC has already picked up. He also said the series will introduce characters we haven’t met before.

“It’s new characters. It needs to be its own thing,” Whedon said. “It needs to be adjacent [to the MCU] you don’t want to do a show where you’re constantly going, ‘Iron Man just left, but he was totally here a minute ago.’ You want them to go off on their own thing and say, ‘Well, what has S.H.I.E.L.D. got that the other heroes don’t have?’”

He continued, “Part of that, to me, is that they’re not superheroes, but they live in that universe. That makes them a little bit — even though they’re a big organization — underdogs, and that’s interesting to me.”

That is similar to what Whedon has said in the past about the project, although it’s exciting to know he already has his group of characters picked out. Whedon works best when he has an ensemble (look at The Avengers and Firefly), so S.H.I.E.L.D. really does seem like the perfect launching point from which he can make a new TV series. Here’s hoping he rounds up some of his regulars for the show (he already used most of them recently in Much Ado About Nothing).

Whedon will co-write S.H.I.E.L.D. with his brother, Jed Whedon (Spartacus: Vengeance), and Maurissa Tancharoen (Spartacus: Gods of the Arena), both of whom also worked on Whedon’s Dollhouse series at Fox. S.H.I.E.L.D. marks Joss Whedon’s return to television, where he created the critically acclaimed Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse.

Production on S.H.I.E.L.D. will begin immediately, but there are no further details regarding casting for Marvel TV’s first live-action project.

10/13/12 5:58 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

COULSON LIVES on Joss Whedon's "S.H.I.E.L.D."

10/13/12 6:51 PM
paw
1725 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augie Max - 

COULSON LIVES on Joss Whedon's "S.H.I.E.L.D."

YES!

*happy dance*

10/13/12 10:12 PM
crescentwrench
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have tears of joy

10/14/12 1:09 AM
MarkRobinson
1509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/14/12 1:08 AM

Really?

I like Coulson but why?! Just goes to show that his death was completely unnecessary plot point in the Avengers. The Avengers plot was prett fuckin weak. 

10/14/12 1:32 PM
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It'll be great if they make it like The Boys. Constantly showing how Supers are amatuers compared to regular humans.
10/14/12 3:56 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com
MarkRobinson -

Really?

I like Coulson but why?! Just goes to show that his death was completely unnecessary plot point in the Avengers. The Avengers plot was prett fuckin weak. 

Unless the show takes place before Avengers. Phone Post
10/14/12 4:25 PM
crescentwrench
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Or Coulson is a Highlander.  

I've said this whole time Coulson isn't dead.  I knew it not only because my heart says so but because of the shady way Fury handled it.  Bloody Cap cards that were in his locker, no body, no actual shot of the medical team that Fury said had arrived and called it.  Coulson survived one way or another.  

10/15/12 2:07 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com

10/15/12 2:59 PM
killacox
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

heres a pic of the new shield field office where 90 percent of the show is held!!

blue help please:

[IMG]http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/moohahahaha/shieldoffice.gif[/IMG]
10/15/12 3:07 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com
killacox - heres a pic of the new shield field office where 90 percent of the show is held!! 

Where is this from?

10/15/12 5:53 PM
killacox
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sere & Ittie architecture firm got the contract to design the sets for the show
10/15/12 6:29 PM
CharlesLewis
797 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cautiously optomistic

10/16/12 12:22 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com

Agent Coulson directed "Choke?!"

10/24/12 9:56 PM
Augie Max

Edited: 10/24/12 9:56 PM
MMARoundup.com

MING-NA WEN CAST IN S.H.I.E.L.D.
Street Fighter/SGU alum joins the Joss Whedon pilot.

by Eric Goldman OCTOBER 24, 2012 | IGN.com

At New York Comic Con, we got the big surprise news that Clark Gregg would be starring in Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. for ABC as Agent Phil Coulson, but we've still been waiting to hear who else would join him.

We now have our first additional cast member revealed, as Deadline reports that the original Street Fighter movie's Chun-Li, Ming-Na Wen (whose many other credits include Mulan and Stargate Universe), will be playing one of the lead roles: Melinda May.

According to Deadline, the character description says, "Soulful and slightly damaged by her combat experiences, Melinda is an ace pilot, a weapons expert and a soldier who can — and has — gone beyond the call of duty." In the original list of S.H.I.E.L.D characters revealed a few weeks ago, Melinda went by the name Agent Althea Rice, aka The Calvary.

Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen are writing the script to the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, with Joss Whedon expected to direct.

10/24/12 10:04 PM
GriffinQ
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crescentwrench -

Or Coulson is a Highlander.  

I've said this whole time Coulson isn't dead.  I knew it not only because my heart says so but because of the shady way Fury handled it.  Bloody Cap cards that were in his locker, no body, no actual shot of the medical team that Fury said had arrived and called it.  Coulson survived one way or another.  

I said in the theater the night it released that there was no way he was dead. It was all too ambiguous. Phone Post
10/24/12 10:24 PM
paw

Augie Max - 

MING-NA WEN CAST IN S.H.I.E.L.D.
Street Fighter/SGU alum joins the Joss Whedon pilot.

by Eric Goldman OCTOBER 24, 2012 | IGN.com

At New York Comic Con, we got the big surprise news that Clark Gregg would be starring in Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. for ABC as Agent Phil Coulson, but we've still been waiting to hear who else would join him.

We now have our first additional cast member revealed, as Deadline reports that the original Street Fighter movie's Chun-Li, Ming-Na Wen (whose many other credits include Mulan and Stargate Universe), will be playing one of the lead roles: Melinda May.

According to Deadline, the character description says, "Soulful and slightly damaged by her combat experiences, Melinda is an ace pilot, a weapons expert and a soldier who can — and has — gone beyond the call of duty." In the original list of S.H.I.E.L.D characters revealed a few weeks ago, Melinda went by the name Agent Althea Rice, aka The Calvary.

Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen are writing the script to the S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, with Joss Whedon expected to direct.

Ming-na?!?!

SOLD!

5/13/13 12:46 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com
9/2/13 2:28 PM
Augie Max

MMARoundup.com

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.