UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Body-Flow PUBLISHED!

5/15/03 6:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
viatodd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-May-03
Hi RisingSun, I’m sorry I didn’t reply promptly to your post; I have been snowed under with work over the last few weeks. Unfortunately, I live in Scotland, otherwise I would have suggested meeting up. Feel free to email me though. Peace 2 U & 2 all
5/16/03 11:25 AM
Dogbert

Edited: 16-May-03
Will it ever be available over Amazon?
5/16/03 11:58 AM
Sonnon

Within a couple days.
5/16/03 7:02 PM
chadf36

got mine today. havent got to read too much yet, but looks very good. i was a little disappointed that it was not signed. guess i didnt reserve my early enough.
5/19/03 4:04 PM
Sonnon

Edited: 19-May-03 04:09 PM
The results are in! Here's what people have to say about Body-Flow: Body-Flow-Just Arrived! I just received my copy of "Body-Flow, Freedom from Fear-Reactivity." I have spent the lst 45 minutes skimming the topics covered in this book. I am not compensated in any which way by RMAX or Scott Sonnon (the author), but this book is the real-deal. It is a must have for many of us that post or lurk on this forum. It will not cost you a small-fortune. For many, it is the answer to where do we go next. I am usually hesitant to purchase courses or guides, but I will purchase items from time to time. I have recently purchased the "Underground Guide to Warrior Fitness" and thought it was well worth the price. Body-Flow blows it away because it is the next level. It encompasses mental, physical, and to some extent, spiritual (debateable I'm sure) aspects of one's well-being. I'm sure I will spend the rest of this weekend reading and re-reading this book. Make no mistake, this is a professionally prepared book and resource. It is the foundation to Sonnon's other works. With Body-Flow, many will not need to purchase other, more expensive works by Sonnon. However, for some, this will open them up to another level and will lead them to purchase & incorporate other Sonnon works. Unbelievably well written and easy to comprehend. A great book for your arsenal that you will pick up and refer to again and again. I am not one to jump on bandwagons, but for this one I will jump high. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It is incredible. I finished reading it today and I am (searching for a word that hasn't ever been used in description, but you can go with blown away, amazed, etcetera). I am so pleased by it. This is a line that hit home "It's a way of looking and interacting with the world, and rejoining the natural flow of everything...it's a way of removing the final wall - the distinction between you and the world" Such resonation! I love it. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Body Flow is not easily catagorized becasue it is genuinely original. It is NOT about sets and reps. Yet it is about strength. It is NOT a workout book, but it does have plenty of suggested movement sequences. If ever you have seen someone move who has NO obstructions to their flow, whose movement is pure poetry and grace, and you wondered, "Why them and not me?", this book will explain how it can be YOU, too! It has philosophy, physiology, and psychology; it is about the synergy that happens when body, mind, and spirit all come together in unobstructed harmony. It is not competing with other exercise books. Rather, it provides an underpinning that will make ALL exercise smoother and more efficient. It deals with aspects fundamental to all human movement. Think of it as the instruction manual we all should have gotten when we got our bodies. :) Some people are going to read Body Flow and miss the forest for the trees. Others will find nothing new (so they think) and quickly move on. Still others will read it and "epiphany" will be the best way to describe their reactions. I admit to being in the later category. But all who approach it with a "beginner's mind" will reap a wonderful harvest.
5/19/03 4:07 PM
Sonnon

Edited: 19-May-03
Chad, I'm sorry you didn't get an autographed copy. Let me know which seminar you attend and I'd be honored to sign your copy. Coach Sonnon
5/19/03 9:45 PM
chadf36

Mr. Sonnon, no big deal at all. For what it is worth I would not care if the book was written in crayon on loose paper. It is that good. I am very intrested in attending a seminar. I live in the KC MO area. I dont know if you have ever worked with the KCPD but I am starting the academe in Oct. Thanks
5/19/03 10:57 PM
Sonnon

Chad, Thanks for the good words. I haven't worked with the KCPD yet, but kick butt in the academy and show them what fitness really means. Join my forum over at RMAX.tv. You'll find quite a few LE DT and PT trainers with whom to interact. Coach Sonnon
5/20/03 10:37 AM
Sonnon

Edited: 20-May-03
Dogbert, it's now available at Amazon.com.
5/21/03 6:11 AM
Dogbert

Edited: 21-May-03
Thanx!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.