UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Who were the best Ancient Warriors OG?

6/14/13 6:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lars_schifinkter
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bro your ancestor was a fearsome Mongol princess who raped all the fine Russians she conquered. The first dominatrix.
6/15/13 9:56 PM
HULC
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What were your actual mtDNA and Y chromosome results? Did they tell you specifically or just say you were Mongolian?
6/15/13 10:04 PM
Lord Nitemare
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HULC - What were your actual mtDNA and Y chromosome results? Did they tell you specifically or just say you were Mongolian?

Narrowed down to the Baikal area, I'll try to get my mtDNA results. The reason I say Mongol is largely based off of my grandmother's family - who were ethnic Tatars (Mongol descendants). 

7/3/13 4:04 PM
Lord Nitemare
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yo, Mick, didnt want to spin the other thread, what do you know about the Marshall? (As in William Marshall - possibly the greatest knight to have ever lived)

7/5/13 3:33 AM
MickColins
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare -

Yo, Mick, didnt want to spin the other thread, what do you know about the Marshall? (As in William Marshall - possibly the greatest knight to have ever lived)

Ill post some stuff on him tomorrow. I just read a cool story in the by times about a former us SF soldier who joined the army after his music career stalled. He got kicked out of two bands: Nirvana and Soundgarden. He actually put up the money for Nirvana's first cd and Kurt cobain bragged about stiffing him and not paying him back. Phone Post 3.0
7/5/13 8:25 AM
Lord Nitemare

Haha, Cobain would have gotten his shit pushed in. 

7/5/13 3:37 PM
MickColins
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

William Marshall was a bad,bad motherfucker. He served 4 kings and rose from commoner peon to regent of the last king he served.  Well, he wasn't a complete commoner/peon. His dad was the minor noble who was the marshal of the English crown. That was an office and it sounds cool but it basically meant you took care of the royal horses. Later, it became a cool office to have but back then you were the dude who shovelled the royal horse's shit.

When King Stephen had a civil war with his cousin Matilda, William's dad sided with Matilda. Which sucked for William since he was a hostage held by Stephen. Stephen said he'd kill him and William's dad replied that his dick still worked and he'd father more sons. Stephen was kind of shocked by the reply and let the kid live. As a younger son of a minor nobleman, William inherited nothing from his dad. But, he was trained by proper soldiers and was given horses and armor. He went to tournaments and fought as a hedge knight/knight errant for other noblemen in their own intercine conflicts.  He was legendary in tournaments. People said he beat atleast 500 knights in tournaments. If you beat a knight, you could claim their horses,armor,etc... or you could claim a pot of some money.

All this winning made him rich and famous. So much so that he became known by the English royal family. He was captured once and Elenore of Aquitaine, one of the most powerful women ever, arranged for his release. When Richard the Lionheart went on Crusade, Marshall was appointed as one of the men to watch the realm in Richard's name. The eventual (King) John tried to take over when Richard was away and Marshal led the opposition that remained loyal to the King. John had his brother murdered and, when Richard returned, he had Marshal named as the inherior of his father's title. Richard also arranged for him to marry the hottest,richest single chick in the realm. William was in his early 40s and married the 17 or 18 year old Earl of Pembroke's daughter.  Now William was rich as shit, had a title and was famous for being a bad,bad mothefucker who was loyal as your favorite puppy. He became the epitome of Knighthood and chivalry.

How trustworthy was Marshal? When King John died, on his deathbed, he summoned Marshal and asked him to take care of his son. This is the same King John that Marshal fought when he tried to depose King Richard. Marshal was so friggin' trustworthy that you liked him even if he was your enemy. When he was 70, the French got uppity and the King was too young to fight yet. So Marshal put on his armor and led the English forces against the French and won multiple battles. A french force had landed and hooked up with dissident English nobility to eventually attack London. Lincoln castle was friggin' huge and you couldn't leave it just sitting there or your supply lines were fucked. Marshal intercepted them as they stopped to besiege the castle in Lincoln. Marshal personally led the cavalry charge that broke the French/Dissident ranks, killed the French general and led to the French retreat back across the channel. At 70 years old, he was still fucking dudes up.

He had 10 kids with the hot,rich chick. On his death bed, he joined the Knights Templar and was interned in their church in London. As he was dying, all these dudes came to him to make them the baby king's regent once he was gone. Marshal told them all to fuck off and asked the Pope for a guy since he didn't trust the locals. The papal legate came and watched over the kid in Marshal's name.

7/5/13 3:55 PM
Lord Nitemare

Awesome, I'm a GOT guy so excuse my faggotry, he's essentially the real Barristan Selmy. 

And as of late, I've garnered some what of an interest in Antiquity - particulary the Roman republic/empire. In your opinion who was the baddest Roman to have ever lived? IMO, Sulla and no one really comes close...except for Marius, potentially Antony (only because of what he did to Cicero). 

8/3/13 1:43 PM
Lord Nitemare

Bumping this shit, found out my ancestors were Celts. All I really have to say.

8/8/13 11:48 AM
Lord Nitemare

Yo, Mick Collins, what do you know about the Celtiberians that fought under Hannibal? Been reading up on them, just found out ole LN is actually a Spaniard and those dudes were my ancestors...true story.

8/13/13 10:54 AM
JkdSam
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he got tired of you asking him questions only to turn around and tell him his answer is wrong.
8/13/13 8:11 PM
HULC
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So you're Spanish, "Celtic" and Mongolian based on your DNA reports? I think you're taking them far too seriously if they're telling you all these contradictory things.
8/13/13 8:17 PM
Lord Nitemare

Edited: 08/13/13 8:19 PM

^ What, is this because I said Alexander was better than Genghis Khan or some shit? Sorry?

^^ Y-STR DNA (Dad) and mtDNA (Mom). My Dad is apparently Spanish; and 90% of Spaniards (Galicians in particular) have the R1b gene (mine is R1b1b2). My mother's mother was an ethnic tatar, and my mtDNA haplogroup is C - which was narrowed down to the Baikal area. No need to be so pissy. 

Not to mention, it's a shitty discussion on an obscure internet forum, stop taking it so seriously. Don't worry, I won't bump it/ or post anything any time soon. 

8/13/13 10:35 PM
fahker
432 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My ancestors whoever they are.
8/14/13 7:26 PM
MickColins

I'll post some stuff on celtiberians later.Family member is sick so haven't had time to post Phone Post
8/14/13 8:26 PM
HULC

I'm asking because in the past i spent a lot of time studying genetics and ancestry and was finding a lot of what you're posting confusing.

The R1b1b2 gene is common throughout Western Europe and doesn't have any particular connection with the Celts. So unless you know for a fact your dad was Spanish (you say apparently) then i wouldn't take it too much too heart.
8/15/13 3:22 PM
Lord Nitemare

HULC - I'm asking because in the past i spent a lot of time studying genetics and ancestry and was finding a lot of what you're posting confusing.

The R1b1b2 gene is common throughout Western Europe and doesn't have any particular connection with the Celts. So unless you know for a fact your dad was Spanish (you say apparently) then i wouldn't take it too much too heart.

His mother was from Galicia, and his father was from Zaragoza (where Segeda) was prior. 

No need to be hostile, I voted you up. We good now? 

8/15/13 3:23 PM
Lord Nitemare

MickColins -  I'll post some stuff on celtiberians later.Family member is sick so haven't had time to post Phone Post

Sorry man, I wish them the best. My little bros going through chemo right now, 

8/15/13 11:53 PM
HULC

Lord Nitemare - 
HULC - I'm asking because in the past i spent a lot of time studying genetics and ancestry and was finding a lot of what you're posting confusing.

His mother was from Galicia, and his father was from Zaragoza (where Segeda) was prior. 

No need to be hostile, I voted you up. We good now? 

Sorry mate wasn't trying to be hostile. :)
8/16/13 7:28 AM
Lord Nitemare

No worries

8/18/13 8:34 AM
Lord Nitemare

For Lars Schfintker, essay on the Mongol's intelligence apparatus

http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.iafie.org/resource/resmgr/2010_essays/jgrubbs.pdf

8/19/13 2:39 PM
Lord Nitemare

For all you Mongolophiles 

8 days ago
Lt. Iceman Kazansky

Bump

8 days ago
Lt. Iceman Kazansky

Reviving this thread 

8 days ago
Lex_o
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The khan Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.