UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Who were the best Ancient Warriors OG?

9/1/12 6:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lord Nitemare
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MickColins - 
anthonyMI -
The Loge -  The Spartans by a mile. They were raised in a true warrior society, with strict military discipline, and trained to be stone cold killers from the tender age of 7. They had the best of both worlds. In addition to their physical prowess they were trained in the most effective tactics and strategy of the day and equipped with the some of the best weaponry as well. Phone Post

...and also got their shit pushed in by Thebes.
Ironic choice of words. And the Spartans were already on the downward trend when Thebes beat them. Also, the Knights Templar weren't even the toughest Christian order. The Hospitallers were. Phone Post

Thankyou, seriously, I've been posting shit about the Hospitallers all along, and nobody's been saying shit. There are some pictures a couple of pages back, if you could post them I'd appreciate it a lot.

Needless ro say They were fucking Badasses, legit badasses. Have you read about them before?
9/1/12 6:28 PM
Lord Nitemare
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Superdupersuper - 
Lord Nitemare - 
Zenoplata -  William Wallace or Maximus Decimus Meridius.

Sadly, old Max was fictitious...

He sure was, but that movie was such a bite off of Spartacus, which was real. Watch the first season with Andy Whitfield. Great show.
The real William Wallace was in fact very tall and legend has it he could shoot fireballs from his arse.
And the Spartans were queers, they had to dress up the women as men so the soldiers could successfully breed.

First season was good, slowly got shittier as time went on - and I'm sorry, but Gladiator is 10x what Spartacus the show was.

And Fireballs you say?
9/1/12 6:35 PM
KZTT_MMAfan55
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well Alexander the great was a bad mf with the Greek army.

I'm going to have to go Samurai. Insanely skilled, sharp swords, good with bows. Very cunning and smart and not afraid to die Phone Post
9/1/12 10:18 PM
Lord Nitemare

Superdupersuper - Oh gladiator was an absolutely great movie, even better than Spartacus show. All I'm saying is gladiator was a rip off of the old Spartacus movie Kirk Douglas.

And yes the first season was great , second pretty good, third kinda sucked to me, can't stand the new Spartacus.

Oh, the Kirk Douglas - Kubrick one was awesome...and Yeah, I definitely agree with you on that. But as you said an awesome movie none the less.

My problem with the show is this, the guy died. You can't just have a new Spartacus - it defeats the purpose of both the first and second season entirely. They should have just come to peace with the fact that the show should be cancelled as soon as Andy died, honestly it's kind of disrespectful to him in a way.

On another note, Blue namers can you PLEASE post the pics of the Hospitallers...Please?
9/2/12 9:40 AM
Lord Nitemare

Bump for Hospitallers
9/2/12 9:41 AM
Mudderfaeg
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mas Tisu -  Those filipino dudes that killed Magellan were pretty badass
You from Guam? Phone Post
9/2/12 10:12 AM
Lord Nitemare

Mudderfaeg - 
Mas Tisu -  Those filipino dudes that killed Magellan were pretty badass
You from Guam? Phone Post

The question is...Are you from Guam?
9/2/12 10:18 AM
Zenoplata
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Superdupersuper - 
Lord Nitemare - 
Zenoplata -  William Wallace or Maximus Decimus Meridius.

Sadly, old Max was fictitious...

He sure was, but that movie was such a bite off of Spartacus, which was real. Watch the first season with Andy Whitfield. Great show.
The real William Wallace was in fact very tall and legend has it he could shoot fireballs from his arse.
And the Spartans were queers, they had to dress up the women as men so the soldiers could successfully breed.

Actually he shot fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse. Get it right!
9/2/12 10:27 AM
Soup Nazi
1329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/2/12 10:36 AM
Lord Nitemare

Hey Soup Nazi, you mind posting some pics on here...

Here's the link...
http://www.google.com/search?q=knights+hospitaller&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=sG5DULT3CeSB6QGPjIGYCQ&biw=768&bih=928&sei=sm5DUPbJI-rR6gGpl4AI
9/2/12 10:49 AM
Wahlau
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare - 
Wahlau - I would put an equal number of gurkhas with their kukris against an equal number of any of the above mentioned groups

These little guys fuck shit up and are not intimidated by anything

Straight up Mountain Assassins - yeah, but they're still around...they're modern.

I'm pretty sure they have been around forever, fucking up their neighbours with their kukris.

The British just weren't around to discover them yet.

If an imaginary army of 100 samurai, or 100 spartans, or 100 viking berserkers so happened marched through the Himalayas and met a 100 gurkhas with their kukris all ready for war...

9/2/12 10:56 AM
Lord Nitemare

Wahlau - 
Lord Nitemare - 
Wahlau - I would put an equal number of gurkhas with their kukris against an equal number of any of the above mentioned groups

These little guys fuck shit up and are not intimidated by anything

Straight up Mountain Assassins - yeah, but they're still around...they're modern.

I'm pretty sure they have been around forever, fucking up their neighbours with their kukris.

The British just weren't around to discover them yet.

If an imaginary army of 100 samurai, or 100 spartans, or 100 viking berserkers so happened marched through the Himalayas and met a 100 gurkhas with their kukris all ready for war...

Honestly, a battle between those warriors and Gurkhas actually freaks the fuck out of me.
9/2/12 10:56 AM
Lord Nitemare

^ By the way, I actually have a Kukri that was used by an actual Gurkha in combat .
9/2/12 11:00 AM
HULC
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare - 
Last of theTenors - 
Lord Nitemare - 
anthonyMI - A Huscarl was a generic term for a household soldier. The quality varied widely.

From what I understand, the Beserkers were the Viking's "elite".

Although, I swear there is another Viking band of Warriors - super badass, just can't remember their names. Thnk the ancient version of the Expendables, they were mercenaries btw.

Varangians?

Oooh fuck yeah dude.

Shit, it's amazing all the warrior cultures that came from the Vikings, Varangians, Normans, a number of Celtic tribes.

Really interesting when you think about it.

Ummm, the Varangians were a troop of bodyguards recruited from all over the known world. At one time they were mainly Scandinavian but later on they were mainly drawn from English mercenaries. And no Celtic tribes cam from the Vikings, since the Vikings were Germanic.
9/2/12 11:07 AM
Soup Nazi
1329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lord Nitemare - Hey Soup Nazi, you mind posting some pics on here...

Here's the link...
http://www.google.com/search?q=knights+hospitaller&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=sG5DULT3CeSB6QGPjIGYCQ&biw=768&bih=928&sei=sm5DUPbJI-rR6gGpl4AI

9/2/12 11:16 AM
HULC
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some info on one of the Knights Templar's most famous battle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Montgisard

Cliff notes - 375 Templars charged into an army of 26,000 Muslim Jihadists and killed over 90% of them, including the generals son.
9/2/12 11:18 AM
Last of theTenors
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HULC - 
Lord Nitemare - 
Last of theTenors - 
Lord Nitemare - 
anthonyMI - A Huscarl was a generic term for a household soldier. The quality varied widely.

Although, I swear there is another Viking band of Warriors - super badass, just can't remember their names. Thnk the ancient version of the Expendables, they were mercenaries btw.

Varangians?

Oooh fuck yeah dude.

Shit, it's amazing all the warrior cultures that came from the Vikings, Varangians, Normans, a number of Celtic tribes.

Ummm, the Varangians were a troop of bodyguards recruited from all over the known world. At one time they were mainly Scandinavian but later on they were mainly drawn from English mercenaries. And no Celtic tribes cam from the Vikings, since the Vikings were Germanic.

The term "Varangian" is actually an name given to Vikings by the Slavs and Greeks of the time, at the time of the forming of the guard it was almost strictly made up of Scandinavians but Anglo-Saxons would later join in larger numbers.

I don't disagree about "no Celtic tribes came from the Vikings" but the Celts were certainly Germanic in origin, if you look up the Celtic empire that stretched over most of western, central and eastern Europe and which predated the Roman empire you would certainly think they were.

Please excuse my poor grammar, English is not my primary language.

9/2/12 11:22 AM
Internet
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mongol archers on horseback during the Ghengis Khan era are definitely up there.

Supposed to be unparalleled in their skill. Apparently even the women could duck under the horses neck (for extra cover), draw the bow and loose it, bullseye a target, all while galloping at full speed.

Sounds incredible. Phone Post
9/2/12 11:57 AM
Lord Nitemare

Last of theTenors - 
HULC - 
Lord Nitemare - 
Last of theTenors - 
Lord Nitemare - 

Varangians?

Oooh fuck yeah dude.

The term "Varangian" is actually an name given to Vikings by the Slavs and Greeks of the time, at the time of the forming of the guard it was almost strictly made up of Scandinavians but Anglo-Saxons would later join in larger numbers.

I don't disagree about "no Celtic tribes came from the Vikings" but the Celts were certainly Germanic in origin, if you look up the Celtic empire that stretched over most of western, central and eastern Europe and which predated the Roman empire you would certainly think they were.

Please excuse my poor grammar, English is not my primary language.

I'm no expert on the Varangians, but from what I understand Norsemen constituted a large part of the Varangians. Some even commented on the fact that they wore bear skins - sound familiar?
9/2/12 11:59 AM
Lord Nitemare

Soup Nazi - 
Lord Nitemare - Hey Soup Nazi, you mind posting some pics on here...

Here's the link...

Thank you Soup Nazi...

And those fuckers are in my opinion the Greatest Warriors of all time.
9/2/12 11:59 AM
Pokanghoya

King David from the Bible. He cut off thousands of Philistine foreskins.
9/2/12 12:22 PM
Ghengiseanie

The Loge - The Spartans by a mile. They were raised in a true warrior society, with strict military discipline, and trained to be stone cold killers from the tender age of 7. They had the best of both worlds. In addition to their physical prowess they were trained in the most effective tactics and strategy of the day and equipped with the some of the best weaponry as well. Phone Post
Yet palestinians are criticised for indoctrinating their children! Phone Post
9/2/12 2:05 PM
Lord Nitemare

Ghengiseanie - 
The Loge - The Spartans by a mile. They were raised in a true warrior society, with strict military discipline, and trained to be stone cold killers from the tender age of 7. They had the best of both worlds. In addition to their physical prowess they were trained in the most effective tactics and strategy of the day and equipped with the some of the best weaponry as well. Phone Post
Yet palestinians are criticised for indoctrinating their children! Phone Post

Agoge homie.
9/2/12 3:08 PM
jude099
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kevin bacon - 
Lord Nitemare - 
The Loge - 
Ham and Egger - Does anyone know the name of the German shock troops that wore brightly colored clothing and attacked pike walls?
Berserkers I believe, but I could be mistaken. Phone Post

Berserkers were the bastards of Norsemen, Vikings. They were viewed as almost second class citizens within their cultures, not many people bothered with them at all - literally they were left the fuck alone. But not because they were weird or some shit, it was because the other Vikings were fearful of them to a fault. A beserker traditionally would strip down to a loin cloth or more often than not naked. They'd paint themselves, out on a bear skin and grab a bastard sword (long sword whatever you prefer), get high on mushrooms and proceed to fuck shit up....really badly. There are stories of how Vikings would stay far behind the Beserkers fearful of their own lives, of how they would clear bridges by themselves, storm through castles etc, etc.

Yeah, long story short - these dudes were fucking Savages. Super bad ass. If you've seen 13th Warrior, it's a pretty decent representation of them.

The Norwegian word for someone going completely nuts and destroying everything around them is literary call going "berserk"

"berserk" means basically means someone who wears the skin of a bear like a robe.
9/2/12 5:40 PM
Lord Nitemare

jude099 - 
Kevin bacon - 
Lord Nitemare - 
The Loge - 
Ham and Egger - Does anyone know the name of the German shock troops that wore brightly colored clothing and attacked pike walls?
Berserkers I believe, but I could be mistaken. Phone Post

Berserkers were the bastards of Norsemen, Vikings. They were viewed as almost second class citizens within their cultures, not many people bothered with them at all - literally they were left the fuck alone. But not because they were weird or some shit, it was because the other Vikings were fearful of them to a fault. A beserker traditionally would strip down to a loin cloth or more often than not naked. They'd paint themselves, out on a bear skin and grab a bastard sword (long sword whatever you prefer), get high on mushrooms and proceed to fuck shit up....really badly. There are stories of how Vikings would stay far behind the Beserkers fearful of their own lives, of how they would clear bridges by themselves, storm through castles etc, etc.

Yeah, long story short - these dudes were fucking Savages. Super bad ass. If you've seen 13th Warrior, it's a pretty decent representation of them.

The Norwegian word for someone going completely nuts and destroying everything around them is literary call going "berserk"

"berserk" means basically means someone who wears the skin of a bear like a robe.

Beserkers are badasses, there's no doubting it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.