UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Edgar Steps in to Fight Aldo At UFC 153!

8/31/12 1:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Megatherium
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well fight fans, this is the one we've all been waiting for!

Gonna be a classic, I've got Aldo.
8/31/12 1:51 AM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES!

Back to MMA.
8/31/12 1:53 AM
Size
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tonytr - White's biases are so clear it's not even funny. Edgar gets title shot after title shot despite not deserving them one bit. He lost the first Henderson fight fair and square and should've dropped down then. Now, after Koch is out (who didn't deserve his shot either), Korean Zombie gets passed over for a guy who, controversy be damned, has lost his last two fights and hasn't fought at featherweight before (or if he has, not in years). It should've been Zombie or Ricardo Lamas.

I understand Aldo/Edgar is a big money fight, but title shots shouldn't be based on money, they should be based on merit. Edgar hasn't earned this, and unlike the Jones/Belfort situation, there ARE other available choices.

Edgar has won one out of his last four fights. Now he's pulling a Pearl Harbor on Aldo! Lol, second sentence a joke, just wanted to say it.
8/31/12 1:55 AM
Dazednconfused
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should have given it to the zombie! Phone Post
8/31/12 2:03 AM
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's crazy is this will be Frankie's 7th UFC title fight in a row, tying Matt Hughes. Not even Chuck was able to pull that off. I think only Randy, Anderson and GSP have had more consecutive title fights but I may be forgetting somebody.
8/31/12 2:04 AM
Jobe Watson the Bomber
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kinkle -
KingMastodon -  Oh the guy coming off 2 losses? Wow I might stick to Football. Phone Post

Good, now fuck off.
Haha this. Very much this. Phone Post
8/31/12 2:08 AM
Senseandrew
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dazednconfused -  They should have given it to the zombie! Phone Post

Zombie hurt. I am sure he would have stepped in if he wasn't.
8/31/12 2:09 AM
Tap In
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/31/12 4:36 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/31/12 4:43 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
Radio Raheem - Fuck and YES

Just in case anyone wants to know the source of this GIF...

Be prepared to be confused.

8/31/12 4:53 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

WHAT A FUCKING TREAT

IM SO EXCITED Phone Post
8/31/12 5:01 AM
MartialArtsMixed
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wtf why didn't they give zombie the shot?
8/31/12 5:06 AM
simonpe

If Frankie loses then he has lost three title fights in a row. That would be a first right? Phone Post
8/31/12 5:17 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio

MartialArtsMixed - wtf why didn't they give zombie the shot?

Because they dont view TKZ a draw yet, and know Aldo vs Edgar will draw in money

Also could be making up for 151? 
8/31/12 5:24 AM
Kentpaul
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo will leg kick him down to 135lb
8/31/12 5:34 AM
weepingbeaver

Couldn't give a shit really about why he is getting another shot, as I think he won both fights against Henderson. Although there are some good points made here.

WAR EDGAR!
8/31/12 5:35 AM
OSBtro11

Wow. Respect to both men, but shit..Frankie is real fucking fighters, fighter. IMO.. Really do not enjoy watching him fight very much but it's hard not to admit the guy is one of the toughest bastards in Mixed Martial Arts. Aldo, TKO rnd 3 Phone Post
8/31/12 5:35 AM
caposa
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad ass fight, I think KZ deserved the shot but maybe he wasn't ready to step in. Edgar is one tough bastard. Should be crazy. Phone Post
8/31/12 5:42 AM
Snakey89
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im wondering whether leg kicks will be an issue BUT Bendo kicked pretty hard and he got through it so.....WAR FRANKIE !!!!
8/31/12 5:51 AM
Erik Tracey
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The real question is, who did Dana hire to fuck Koch up? lol

This is definitely a great turnaround for the UFC coming off the 151 debacle. Phone Post
8/31/12 6:27 AM
UGCTT_chuckles1
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -
MartialArtsMixed - wtf why didn't they give zombie the shot?

Because they dont view TKZ a draw yet, and know Aldo vs Edgar will draw in money

Also could be making up for 151? 
TKZ is still recovering from an injury. Phone Post
8/31/12 6:52 AM
ChaosOverkill
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

amazing!
8/31/12 7:09 AM
Allucard

Senseandrew - 
KingMastodon - 
tonytr - White's biases are so clear it's not even funny. Edgar gets title shot after title shot despite not deserving them one bit. He lost the first Henderson fight fair and square and should've dropped down then. Now, after Koch is out (who didn't deserve his shot either), Korean Zombie gets passed over for a guy who, controversy be damned, has lost his last two fights and hasn't fought at featherweight before (or if he has, not in years). It should've been Zombie or Ricardo Lamas.

I understand Aldo/Edgar is a big money fight, but title shots shouldn't be based on money, they should be based on merit. Edgar hasn't earned this, and unlike the Jones/Belfort situation, there ARE other available choices.
Spot on. This shit is turning into circus wrestling. Phone Post

As a Frankie Edgar fan, it is pretty clear for even me to see that the UFC brass love him and are willing to put him in favorable situations.

However, it would be shitting ALL OVER the Brazilian fans if they put anyone else other than Frankie in. TKZ is still hurt, coming off surgery. Lamas is practically unknown.

These are the same fans that got all pumped and excited to see Sonnen/Silva 2 in a STADIUM earlier in this year. Instead they were treated to Vitor/Wand which turned into Franklin/Wand. 147 was a disgrace to an incredibly passionate fanbase who is FILLED with rabid fans.

UFC is "making it up" for the 147 card.

That's the first thing that crossed my mind. I don't mean to ruin your party but at this point I'm not counting on anyone fighting anyone unless I'm seeing Buffer announce it and they're across the cage.
8/31/12 7:52 AM
Mmanizzle

yayeah boyeee

TKZ should be next in line
8/31/12 8:14 AM
BuddyRevell
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry to hear Koch is hurt, but this is going to be a great matchup!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.